• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
It would seem most people bought GW2 digitally as well. At a 8 to 1 ratio at least.

I was thinking about the loot issue, and I would love if they added some new crafting recipes with unique skins that were rare drops.

I was thinking about the loot issue, and I would love if they added some new crafting recipes with unique skins that were rare drops.

That would be really cool. It would add an aspect of specialization to crafting too, so people might be able to craft something that doesn't just sell at 1c above vendor price.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I take it you can't craft unique-looking equipment right? All you can craft are generic looking stuff?

etiolate

Banned
No, you can craft unique looking stuff at max level crafting. The armor crafters have an exotic set with a look unique to that set, as do weapon, huntsman and artificiers, and each of those have Destroyer Recipes and Corrupted recipes that they can buy with Karma. (Not sure how the Destroyer ones work.)

There's just no "hard to find a crafter for" sort of item as of now, since everything can be discovered or have the recipe bought with karma.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Youre tempting me to actually buy a new rig. I get so jealous watching youtube videos and seeing it look so good. Oh well, maybe in a few years (incredibly cheap)
I got the hybrid PhysX thingee set up, now my machine is an unholy abomination with one ATI card and one NVIDIA card. Makes a huge difference versus CPU-loading PhysX, too.

Can't believe the boost I got from this card upgrade though.

60fps locked, Fullscreen Windowed, in Arah :D

Hey guys, in a week or two I will be moving into my girlfriend's house to be closer to a second job so I am not sure I'll be very active in the Stormbluff Isle guild while that's all going on. Unless my laptop I plan to take can handle GW2, which is unlikely.

pyrandes

Youre tempting me to actually buy a new rig. I get so jealous watching youtube videos and seeing it look so good. Oh well, maybe in a few years (incredibly cheap)

you and me both; been tempted to buy up a new tower, mobo and cpu, and plug my old card to use as a physx card. think my current rig is at the limits power-wise :/

Piecake

you and me both; been tempted to buy up a new tower, mobo and cpu, and plug my old card to use as a physx card. think my current rig is at the limits power-wise :/

my current rig is a laptop, so i would be quite expensive for me, haha. I just dont play a whole lot of games to justify a PC when a laptop is just so much more convenient. Though when i do play a game, if i like it, I play the crap out of it. Its quite cheap that way!

01DragonFly

Stormbluff Isle is always showing up as full - how can I ensure myself a spot? (I'm currently in Yak's Bend)

probably connecting in the morning , there is almost no queue for any of the wvw maps until 2-3 pm

Checking regularly is the only way, though i imagine that spots will open up less frequently now that transfers arent free anymore (they arent, are they?)
1 Think is one transfer every 24 hours

etiolate

Banned
There was a certain part of the day where Blackgate would have a strong force, say like 3pm eastern time maybe. Then a few hours later they would be wiped out. I had heard that IoJ had all these oceanics, but they've never really made a dent in the map during late night.

darkwing

There was a certain part of the day where Blackgate would have a strong force, say like 3pm eastern time maybe. Then a few hours later they would be wiped out. I had heard that IoJ had all these oceanics, but they've never really made a dent in the map during late night.

yup a few days ago, we didn't have garrisons or orbs, made us angry though and hulk smash came the day after

About two days ago SBI had everything in EB except for an IoJ keep. Blackgate only had their starting waypoint. You could've achieved 97% map completion for EB in 10 minutes if you wanted to. We were halfway through the wall of that keep until our trebs got taken out. Then IoJ rallied and set up a treb to take our forward supply camp xD

Anyone else get an email about once a week saying that somebody in China is trying to log into your account?

Anything I can do about it? Or just ignore it?

SorchaR

Any hunter players here?

My hunter is very near to hitting level 40, and of course that means a trait reset with the level 40 book.
So far I've been playing her using a shortbow/axe+horn combination with condition gear. The torch is probably better for condition damage, but I love the "summon birds to peck out your enemies eyes skill" and the buff at skill 5 is great in groups and wonderful for getting around a map with it's speed buff.

I use my shortbow when soloing and flank the enemy for the bleeds while my pet tanks. The axe is great against groups, in tight areas like caves and is great for group events to since you can tag so many mobs at once with it.

I played around with the greatsword, and while I loved the look of the skills I didn't find it as survivable. The longbow just felt too slow after using the shortbow for a while.

In my utility slots I have Signet of stone and Signet of the Wild, both to help me and my pet survive better, and Flame trap for close up AoE and as a combo field. My Elite is Entangle, my heal is Healing Spring.

The last few days/levels I find myself using the shortbow less and less; only to pull really. I'm up against more and more groups of enemies and the axe works better for that.

I went to the official forum and guru for a build, but the only thing being discussed there is crying and raging over the Crossfire change. Not really useful to me, since the ranger is my favorite of the classes I've tried for longer then 5 levels (my others being Guardian, Mesmer and Warrior).

So what do you guys do? Use the shortbow and focus on condition damage or use a longbow and power/precision? I mainly PvE and haven't done any dungeons yet, so it's mainly for soling/dynamic events.

Anyone else get an email about once a week saying that somebody in China is trying to log into your account?

Anything I can do about it? Or just ignore it?

I'd change your password -- my understanding is that email means they were able to log in with the correct username/password but need to be verified before they can log in from their machine.

You could also set up the new mobile authenticator. I've been using it for a couple of days and it's been working great.

So what do you guys do? Use the shortbow and focus on condition damage or use a longbow and power/precision? I mainly PvE and haven't done any dungeons yet, so it's mainly for soling/dynamic events.

Shortbow/condition here. I've got a pretty similar setup to you, although lately I've been doing a lot of dungeon runs so I've been going all traps for my utilities (Spike Trap/Frost Trap/Flame Trap). Combo fields are great with a team, and it's nice to have plenty of AoE crowd control abilities.

I should put more time into the other weapons sometime, but from what I've played they just don't have the versatility of the shortbow. The longbow has some nicer utility in WvW, but like you said, it feels slow. And I just got a shortbow as my first 80 exotic last night, so I'll probably be biased toward it for a while.

SorchaR

I

Shortbow/condition here. I've got a pretty similar setup to you, although lately I've been doing a lot of dungeon runs so I've been going all traps for my utilities (Spike Trap/Frost Trap/Flame Trap). Combo fields are great with a team, and it's nice to have plenty of AoE crowd control abilities.

I should put more time into the other weapons sometime, but from what I've played they just don't have the versatility of the shortbow. The longbow has some nicer utility in WvW, but like you said, it feels slow. And I just got a shortbow as my first 80 exotic last night, so I'll probably be biased toward it for a while.

Thanks :) I did grab the various traps so I can easily swap them out if needed.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed a difference with your shortbow since they changed the fire rate of Crossfire?

Out of curiosity, have you noticed a difference with your shortbow since they changed the fire rate of Crossfire?

Yeah, I noticed it feeling slower immediately after the patch, but didn't realize it was due to the patch changes. Really confused me for a while until I saw the discussion online.

Woot, hit level 400 leatherworker. Anybody know of a good site for exotic crafting?

I like this one, seems to have pretty much everything in one place:
http://dulfy.net/2012/10/03/gw2-endgame-gearing-guide/

because those types of LFG are complete garbage. always has been, always will be.

This one is particularly bad because it doesn't say what you're grouping for, just that you're looking for group. People have it on in Lion's Arch and it's utterly meaningless for anyone looking for a dungeon group.

etiolate

Banned
LFG will probably be improved, but I don't really want a LFD type deal either. Something that says what I'm looking to do on maybe a global scale or server-wide scale is fine.

Is anyone else keeping crafting materials they suspect might be a key to the Halloween event?

Ashodin

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

COMING SOON
Halloween is almost here.
There’s a baleful moon on the rise and a chill in the air.
Ghosts bemoan their lonesome graves,
and bats in the belfry grow restless and crazed.
Prepare your costume; get ready for sweets.
It’s almost time to shout, “Trick or treat!”

:)

I love this shit, they're treating it like a fucking huge content patch. ANet <3

Release Highlights

Halloween
Halloween is coming! Festivities are afoot, and Tyria will be transformed with decorations, new mini-games, new dynamic events, and more. Despite the celebrations there are those who dread the coming of Halloween and all that it may bring, for it is the time of year when barriers between the realms are weakest. Be prepared for an epic adventure in four acts starting October 22 and running until October 31.

Black Lion Trading Company
Never one to miss out on an opportunity, Evon Gnashblade has stocked all new items at the Black Lion Trading Company, including Halloween costumes and new transforms that will allow you to play Costume Brawl with fellow costumed players.

PvP Paid Tournaments
Paid tournaments will be available for competitive, five-person teams. These tournaments require tickets to enter and give better prizes than normal tournaments. Participating teams will earn qualifier points that will allow them to compete in future, larger tournaments. Tournament tickets can be earned from winning normal tournaments or purchased in the Gem Store.

Tyria Evolving
The world continues to evolve with new events, jumping puzzles, bosses, mini-dungeons, and achievements appearing across a variety of maps.

fuck yeah FUCK YEAH

LFG will probably be improved, but I don't really want a LFD type deal either. Something that says what I'm looking to do on maybe a global scale or server-wide scale is fine.

Yeah, I wouldn't want anything fancier than that. Just something that can replace the LFG chat spam and cover more than a zone at a time.

_woLf

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can't wait for the Halloween event. And seeing that they're adding new events and jumping puzzles to the game in addition to a bunch of other stuff....this sounds awesome.

Just did a Twilight Arbor group and failed miserably. Managed to get to the first champion then wiped repeatedly adding in one member dcing and another member just standing around doing nothing.

Group ended up disbanding since we only had 3 people.

KrayzeeGloo

Neo Member
Aww yeah, the Halloween event is EXACTLY what I needed to pull me back into the game. Completely burnt myself out in the first two weeks the game was live, looking forward to diving back into Tyria!

Just did a Twilight Arbor group and failed miserably. Managed to get to the first champion then wiped repeatedly adding in one member dcing and another member just standing around doing nothing.

We should do Twilight Arbor together then. Guarantee with me in the group, we'll succeed. =D

Piecake

You in the GAF guild? If yes, why dont you just get groups that way? If no, why arent you in the guild?

PatzCU

This game seriously needs a group finder for dungeons. Just sat outside Twilight Arbor trying to get a group for 30 minutes to no avail.

Yea, I'm not really even going to attempt to do dungeons until this feature is in. And to be honest, I lost a lot of motivation to play the game entirely after my first dungeon group-finding experience similar to yours. I was having flashbacks to Everquest where sometimes a play session could entail entirely of sitting at a dungeon entrance looking for group. Dungeon finder or bust!

etiolate

Banned
For the GW1 players how well did they do holiday events?

Reading the content notes, this won't be just a one-day event sort of thing.

GW1's holiday events spanned weeks, featured special items, mini-games and visits by the patron of the holiday to major cities. For Halloween, it was the Mad King, and he'd appear every maybe 3 or 6 hours in the major cities, and play games and give out presents. Sometimes the games would be like simon says, and randomly the NPC would say BOO and everyone would have to /boo. If you did it, then you lived and got presents. If you didn't /boo you were killed and then the game ressed you after like 10 seconds.

There would often be new quests given out by special holiday NPCs. Sometimes these quests would turn you into different forms, like giant candy corn creatures with candy corn attacks.

leng jai

I really hope they fix at least some of the Mesmer bugs next week. When you list them all it becomes a bit of a joke especially when you consider they took the time to nerf us last week. Off the top of my head:

- Phase retreat doesn't teleport you backwards half the time.
- Chaos Armor bubble graphic doesn't work half the time.
- Illusionary Leap doesn't actually "leap" sometimes.
- Arcane Thievery doesn't remove every condition.
- Phantasmal Fury overwrites Vengeful Images.

I'm sure there are plenty more. Fix this shit Anet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom