• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

simtmb

In AUS and looking to buy this. Been feeling like an MMO lately xD
Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy this atm is?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The only reason I go to Orr areas is for the map completion, and even then it's hard without a zerg.

If I wanna farm events it's much safer to go to Meatoberfest. They're pretty easy to do, they occur more often, and hey, you're near a village celebrating meat and booze.

MEATOBERFEST!

They just need to make the loot more interesting. like dyes or mats or fine mats or rares or a personal asura butler to cater to your every whim. Getting blues is just boring, and getting rares is also a bit boring because rares are only useful to either sell or salvage

Yeah, more variety would help a ton. The problem with gear is that where I'm at now, I'm really only chasing a few specific pieces of exotic stuff, so anything else is just going straight to the TP. I'd love to see dyes and fine mats, maybe even some rare-ish consumables that aren't just cosmetic or tied to the specific dungeon. Hell, throw in some Black Lion keys every once in a while.

It seems like the game suffers a little bit of the same problem that Diablo 3 had, where the TP makes quality gear so accessible that it devalues everything. Do other MMOs have that problem? It seems kind of inherent to any global trading system.

Piecake

SE - Asura path is just stupid

having to cheese it by keeping one mob alive so you dont spawn 14 other groups and having 1 member kite it is stupid

having 15 groups of insane super soldier grenade chuckers with crazy high HP pools is stupid.

Having the dungeon DC 3 people is stupid.

That dungeon path be stupid and i hope they drastically change it since its just broken. You have to exploit it if you want to complete it and just the whole design of it is boring. wave after wave after wave of mobs? Sounds like dragon age 2! and we all know how fun that was

The other paths in SE are great though. Military is awesome, and the commie one is cool too

Ploid 3.0

So it seems my concerns were well placed, that's unfortunate. I wish more time would be devoted to balancing pets, not just with this game but in general. I had the same problem trying to play a witch doctor in diablo 3. I just want to be a badass summoner

Beastmaster in FFXI is my favorite class, the pets are all able to last stuff. I constantly search for a scratch for my bst itch. I tried a little bit of ranger and it seemed like beastmaster but the pet gets pretty beat up (I'm only level 4 on ranger).

FFXI bst action.
http://youtu.be/rxfnGdw2ykA

Currently I have thief to 80, and Elementalist to 71, after ele I'll try ranger though I should look up some high level ranger builds and see if they do anything with their pets like beastmaster. Necros look weird with their army of pets.

leng jai

SE - Asura path is just stupid

having to cheese it by keeping one mob alive so you dont spawn 14 other groups and having 1 member kite it is stupid

having 15 groups of insane super soldier grenade chuckers with crazy high HP pools is stupid.

Having the dungeon DC 3 people is stupid.

That dungeon path be stupid and i hope they drastically change it since its just broken. You have to exploit it if you want to complete it and just the whole design of it is boring. wave after wave after wave of mobs? Sounds like dragon age 2! and we all know how fun that was

The other paths in SE are great though. Military is awesome, and the commie one is cool too

Our SE runs today were obviously a raging success. We were all having a whale of a time (well I was when I could actually stay connected).

So i completed that LA jumping puzzle i was recommended here, Weyandt's Revenge or something i think...

Got to the karma vendor and thought to myself "yeah, nice, gonna get me one of those rare level 40 items"

yeah.. NO! 9800 Karma wtf!! who has THAT much karma lying around with only a level 38 main char. :((((

Are these items worth it in the long run anyway or will they be outclassed at the next opportunity/are they just for the looks?

etiolate

Banned
So i completed that LA jumping puzzle i was recommended here, Weyandt's Revenge or something i think...

Got to the karma vendor and thought to myself "yeah, nice, gonna get me one of those rare level 40 items"

yeah.. NO! 9800 Karma wtf!! who has THAT much karma lying around with only a level 38 main char. :((((

Are these items worth it in the long run anyway or will they be outclassed at the next opportunity/are they just for the looks?

Just for looks. They're quickly outleveled.

Some screens:

ib2a1x4BBqBHsO.png

iO5FbQZo9RiPi.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

9800 karma starts to not sound like all that much after a while. Very reasonable cost for a skin.

Boss Doggie

So what's your Engie utility skill slots look like? Mine's...

Healing Turret (I usually make it explode quickly to have it cast AoE healing burst combo)
Hidden Pistol (Charr)
Rocket Turret (makes the rest obsolete imo)
Grenade/Bomb/Elixir Gun (depending on the scenario)
Supply Crate (good for controlling)

Underwater it becomes...
Elixir
Rocket Turret
Harpoon Turret
Elixir Gun
Elixir Transform

KuroNeeko

My Engineer is still pretty young, so I don't have access to all of her skills yet but I use -

Healing Turret
Elixir B
Personal Battering Ram
and Throw Mine

I'm a Rifle user so I use the above skills to control movement so I can kite. I can usually handle groups and even mobs that are up to 5 levels above me. I love my Engineer.

Actually, I can't remember if I have three utility skill slots open or not but I use those skills the most.

I swap in Flamethrower, Rifle Turret, Elixir U, and Utility Goggles as needed.

Piecake

Healing Turret (I usually make it explode quickly to have it cast AoE healing burst combo)
Hidden Pistol (Charr)

Underwater it becomes...
Elixir
Rocket Turret
Harpoon Turret
Elixir Gun
Elixir Transform

I use

Healing Turret
Grenades
Elixir Gun
Elixir R
Supply Crate

FillerB

Asura Engineer

Focus on Rifle/Grenade. Primarily use the rifle for control.

Healing: Elixir H/Healing Turret (depending on whether I'm solo-ing)
Slot A: Elixir R (Elixir U underwater)
Slot A: Elixir B
Slot A: Grenades
Elite: Golem

Using the "Cleaning Formula"-trait for condition removal.

Boss Doggie

I never actually use gadgets (e.g. goggles, boots, ram). Are they really useful?

Oh and I use pistol/pistol, spamming condition damage

Piecake

Asura Engineer

Focus on Rifle/Grenade. Primarily use the rifle for control.

Healing: Elixir H/Healing Turret (depending on whether I'm solo-ing)
Slot A: Elixir R (Elixir U underwater)
Slot A: Elixir B
Slot A: Grenades
Elite: Golem

Using the "Cleaning Formula"-trait for condition removal.

I find that Elixir gun + refined kits is all you really need for condition removal since when you swap to the kit, you drop a light field that instantly removes condtions and will remove more conditions if you proc the combo, and you have can always use the 5 ability to drop another one for you and your party members. Its seriosuly an insane amount of condition removal since the swap ability is on a 10 second CD and the super elixir is on a 15-20 second CD or something

And if you need more (for others), you always have the 3rd ability.

That way, you dont have to trait into the alchemy tree just to get cleansing formula and can put it into something more useful like precision or tools (real nice to have the toolbelt CD reduction)

As for Gadgets, they seem more of a sPvP thing to me

Piecake

I think it would be pretty cool if they put more puzzle elements into dungeons. Dont have all of them have puzzle elements, but having 1 path on exp with significant puzzle elements that require teamwork to get past would be pretty cool

I think that is how they should redesign the asura path in SE. Since we are breaking into a lab, instead of 15 groups of super duper soldiers protecting it, they should have a kick ass security system that, if we do it right, we can get passed without triggering any mobs (and fighting the boss at the end)

If you fail, and trip the alarm, golems or what have you come crashing down on you and you get a hard fight. I think that would be a really cool dungeon, especially if they require teamwork to get passed the puzzle so youd have to communicate effectively and work as a team to get by

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...s-in-a-few-exp-dungeon-paths/first#post405760

I decided to post a topic in the official suggestion forum.

FillerB

I find that Elixir gun + refined kits is all you really need for condition removal since when you swap to the kit, you drop a light field that instantly removes condtions and will remove more conditions if you proc the combo, and you have can always use the 5 ability to drop another one for you and your party members. Its seriosuly an insane amount of condition removal since the swap ability is on a 10 second CD and the super elixir is on a 15-20 second CD or something

I didn't know that Super Elixir (which is whats dropped with kit refinement right?) also removed conditions besides healing/light field. Didn't see it mentioned anywhere ingame. Switching to it as soon as I hit lvl60.

Piecake

I didn't know that Super Elixir (which is whats dropped with kit refinement right?) also removed conditions besides healing/light field. Didn't see it mentioned anywhere ingame. Switching to it as soon as I hit lvl60.

I dont see it either, but every time i drop it on me or other people, it removes my conditions. Its crazy useful

Yea, super elixir is what drops if you trait kit refinement (sadly, the other kit refinement procs are pretty weak)

Plus, if you trait 20 into tools, you can get that and speedy kits, which is just all sorts of awesome. Just switch to the 10% increased crit when you dont move in dungeons or the spell attack when you use a toolbelt skill. Id take the crit if it wasnt a heavy movement fight and the spell attack for movement fights

Tankshell

I take it there is absolutely no way to explore dungeons without getting destroyed by the mobs that inhabit them.

Have only done one run through of AC story mode but the interior looked lovely... would like to be able to just wander around it at leisure taking screencaps...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My new graphical card came!

Quick halp: Is Driver Cleaner still the standard I should grab? Going from NVIDIA to AMD here.

Tankshell

My new graphical card came!

Quick halp: Is Driver Cleaner still the standard I should grab? Going from NVIDIA to AMD here.

Not sure about Driver Cleaner any more, if I ever changed gfx card brand I always used to re-install OS, but have been with Nvidia now for the last 5 generations =0)

Was getting extremely tired of all the ATI driver problems and games supporting Nvidia specific enhancements all the time.

Good luck with your ATI!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Was getting extremely tired of all the ATI driver problems and games supporting Nvidia specific enhancements all the time.
I'm going to be able to keep an NVIDIA card in my case for Physx. :)

Reinstalling OS is not a realistic option, and there's no reason I should have to do that. I just want to make sure any trace of the NVIDIA driver is gone.

I'm going to be able to keep an NVIDIA card in my case for Physx. :)

Reinstalling OS is not a realistic option, and there's no reason I should have to do that. I just want to make sure any trace of the NVIDIA driver is gone.

Uninstall all NVIDIA components (you may need to reboot to complete the uninstall).
Reboot into safe mode.
Use Driver Sweeper and CCleaner (primarily to clean up the registry), in that order, to wipe out all remnants of NVIDIA.
Reboot into normal Windows and install your new drivers.
Optional: Install a fresh version of Phys-X.

Do the new Nvidia drivers help? I still get random bad luck where after random waypoint use, the game goes into single digits of fps. No idea why and can't replicate the error, it happens so random in cities only. Once it happens I have to reboot the game to fix it back to get 60fps.

Morokh

Did someone manage to identify the pauldrons the female sylvari guardians wear in the character creation preview ?

Armor is made up of the tier 2 cultural armor, and whispers set, but they don't match any of the two.

jersoc

I take it there is absolutely no way to explore dungeons without getting destroyed by the mobs that inhabit them.

Have only done one run through of AC story mode but the interior looked lovely... would like to be able to just wander around it at leisure taking screencaps...

AC exp is a billion times easier than story mode.
If you're asking if you can just walk around an empty instance. no.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Doesn't kick you out when you beat it, so you could pay a group to clear it for you and then just walk around...

Piecake

Did they set a limit to how long we can still go earn points to redeem the rewards? I figure I'd ask since someone knowing it off hand is quicker than my searches as I haven't found any dates. I'd like to assume I can still go out and buy the game to work my way up to it as of right now.

no, i dont believe there is a time limit. pretty sure i remember retro or jira saying that

Mazre

Hidden Pistol (Charr)

Underwater it becomes...
Elixir
Rocket Turret
Harpoon Turret
Elixir Gun
Elixir Transform

I usually run pistol/shield with:

Healing: Elixir
Rocket Turret (Good damage and 2 knockdowns per overcharge)
Elixir Gun (Snare/Self-displacement/aoe poison-weaken/condition removal/healing)
Bomb Kit (smoke field/snare field/good damage on static targets/ aoe knockback + high damage tool belt skill)
Supply Drop (healing/damage/stun/snare all on a relatively short cooldown)

Underwater I keep rocket and add harpoon turret and grenade kit, swap to Elixir X as well. Whirlpool does crazy damage and plague let's you practically perma-blind for the duration

Bomb kit is most likely to be swapped out situationally.

desverger

Ugh, just did AC (Ghost Eater path) and Detha got stuck.. we had to disband since it was blocking our progress.

Gotta say, their event system could use a little more patching :p

foladar

And over WoW. Im curious as to the boxed copy comparison (vs digital sales).

of course it's over WoW, it also had an additional ~25 days in the month and less competition.

i would imagine most people bought WoW digitally too, or at least higher than GW2 (i bought gw2 digitally personally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom