• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should do Twilight Arbor together then. Guarantee with me in the group, we'll succeed. =D

Maybe, not sure when I'll be on next though.

You in the GAF guild? If yes, why dont you just get groups that way? If no, why arent you in the guild?

Not too fond of joining big guilds, especially when there are cliques already established.

Yea, I'm not really even going to attempt to do dungeons until this feature is in. And to be honest, I lost a lot of motivation to play the game entirely after my first dungeon group-finding experience similar to yours. I was having flashbacks to Everquest where sometimes a play session could entail entirely of sitting at a dungeon entrance looking for group. Dungeon finder or bust!

Yeah, preferably one that can match you with people from different servers like other MMO's.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorrow's Embrace Guild Run in 15 minutes!
Not too fond of joining big guilds, especially when there are cliques already established.
We don't bite! And I dunno what you mean by cliques. :-/ It sounds like it would alleviate a lot of your dungeony issues.

CS is the best zone in this game, at level 70 ran my way through Straits and Malchor, with no help from my guild died a few times too, it took me 7 hours to go from 70-80, well it was more like 24 hours went to sleep, took a few breaks, when I got to CS /age was at 75 hours played with this character now I am at 82 hours...

Kingbrave

5jQHJ.jpg

My sword is bigger than you are Hawk!

etiolate

Banned
So the only map I have left to 100% is Cursed Shore.

How bad is it?

Make sure to get a decent level 80 water weapon set. It will make it easier for the water skill points and POIs. I think there might be less things overall to grab in Cursed Shore compared to the other two, but it may just be that the events there lead me to grabbing more things along the way.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I found cursed shore to be the easiest one out of the orr maps

and there is room to actually run without god damn undead krait pulling you back every few seconds

Oh that's a blessing then.

So the only problem is that it's a huge map compared to the first two huh?

Ken

Krait were annoying underwater.

But someone thought they were great and put them on land too.

:I

What's up with the super high exchange rates recently?

Might jump back into the game if there are any cute Halloween costumes and Necro minion changes, maybe.

Boss Doggie

Also they said they want no cat boobs in the game since it's either female charr with six boobs or no boobs at all to mimic a real cat.

...that's why krait have female boobies.

Slavik81

Why is this happening? Wasn't this supposed to be over with the day after release? I filled a support ticket asking when they'd stop doing this ages ago and all they did was link me to their wiki.

reserved_character_name_zps23ac9f41.png

(The name is mine, but my brother and I shared a GW1 account. We now have seperate GW2 accounts. Since he reserved the names to his GW2 account, I've been unable to claim mine.)

Ashodin

What's up with the super high exchange rates recently?

Might jump back into the game if there are any cute Halloween costumes and Necro minion changes, maybe.

figures you'd be back in for cute costumes

also, I expect huge class changes overall for that patch. A lot of stuff will be pushed for sPVP paid tournaments to get the ball rolling.

Ken

figures you'd be back in for cute costumes

Nothing else is too interesting or enough to suck me back in at the moment. Dungeons and Orr are too monotonous for me and I don't have much fun leveling alts to a kind of boring PvE end game.

Cue posts about how you're not supposed to play GW2 for PvE.

Forkball

The Halloween update should be neat. I'm glad to see some big content come out so quickly. If I remember correctly, ANet has people dedicated to just adding more content to the already existing game. I hope they can churn out good stuff often.

The Halloween update should be neat. I'm glad to see some big content come out so quickly. If I remember correctly, ANet has people dedicated to just adding more content to the already existing game. I hope they can churn out good stuff often.

We need another level 80 zone, a Hard Mode zone....CS has become easy IMO...

Deitus

Nothing else is too interesting or enough to suck me back in at the moment. Dungeons and Orr are too monotonous for me and I don't have much fun leveling alts to a kind of boring PvE end game.

Cue posts about how you're not supposed to play GW2 for PvE.

I hope not. I hate when people say that, because it's not true. If anything, PVE is much more full featured than either of the PvP modes (though it is also much more buggy). It's clear most of their design effort went into PVE. And while I am a bit obsessed with WvW, I've still spent more than 90% of my time in PVE and I love it.

What you're not supposed to play GW2 for is "End Game". They have said all along that end game design is antithetical to the way they are building their game. They did add some grindy bullshit at the end to appease the MMO hardcore, and I wish they hadn't (though they are gradually toning this down), but it is very clear that the bulk of the game is not intended to be focused on rushing to the end and just idling there forever. If you've gotten to the point where there is nothing driving you to level an Alt, play either of the PVP modes, or collect rare armor/weapon skins, then by all means take a break and come back in a little while to check if there have been any good updates. That is what AreanNet wants you to do in that case.

Anyway, do we have any news yet on the Halloween update? I'm really hoping for some new armor skins. Now that I'm 80 I've been looking around at all of the options I can work towards and I have to say I'm really disappointed with pretty much all of the offerings when it comes to Female Light Armor for my Sylvari. It's not so much that they are bad, they just really don't fit my character. Halloween sounds like a perfect excuse to add more costumes. Then again, they may choose to add more in the way of town clothes, which is fine I guess since it might actually give a reason to wear the current ones.

Piecake

I hope not. I hate when people say that, because it's not true. If anything, PVE is much more full featured than either of the PvP modes (though it is also much more buggy). It's clear most of their design effort went into PVE. And while I am a bit obsessed with WvW, I've still spent more than 90% of my time in PVE and I love it.

What you're not supposed to play GW2 for is "End Game". They have said all along that end game design is antithetical to the way they are building their game. They did add some grindy bullshit at the end to appease the MMO hardcore, and I wish they hadn't (though they are gradually toning this down), but it is very clear that the bulk of the game is not intended to be focused on rushing to the end and just idling there forever. If you've gotten to the point where there is nothing driving you to level an Alt, play either of the PVP modes, or collect rare armor/weapon skins, then by all means take a break and come back in a little while to check if there have been any good updates. That is what AreanNet wants you to do in that case.

Anyway, do we have any news yet on the Halloween update? I'm really hoping for some new armor skins. Now that I'm 80 I've been looking around at all of the options I can work towards and I have to say I'm really disappointed with pretty much all of the offerings when it comes to Female Light Armor for my Sylvari. It's not so much that they are bad, they just really don't fit my character. Halloween sounds like a perfect excuse to add more costumes. Then again, they may choose to add more in the way of town clothes, which is fine I guess since it might actually give a reason to wear the current ones.

Yea, im not a huge fan of the majority of light armor for my charr mesmer as well. SE dungeon armor is freakin sweet though. I will be rocking that with some HotW gloves and maybe some boots (cant see em and i got a lot of tokens from there)

Btw, whats your character/account name? Its been bugging me since you post here a lot, but I never see you online (different account name than gaf name?)

Tankshell

Anyone know if there will be any new armor designs along with this update? Finding it hard to create a cool looking female human warrior.

(Red Solace from the game BTW)!

T

Deitus

Btw, whats your character/account name? Its been bugging me since you post here a lot, but I never see you online (different account name than gaf name?)

My character name is Fiora, and my account name is Deitus. I sadly have not been on all that much in the last few weeks because I've been playing Borderlands 2 with some friends (not that I'm complaining, but I wish I had more time for GW2).

Piecake

Think im going to build a pistol/shield condition/boon set. Itll be a nice change of pace from all that grenade spam and save my thumbs for a little while.

I doubt the damage will be the same, but i like the look i created, and I will be using rune of the pack since the synergy is awesome. and it seems pretty fun. Too bad i couldnt use FT with it since id like to have the fire field considering ill be rocking a shield (shields are cooler than another pistol)

So yea, going to mostly rock HoTW gear with a bit of CM. It looks pretty sweet

Boss Doggie

Woo, finally 100% map. I must say, you guys are right. Cursed Shore is very easy compared to the other two Risen maps.

jersoc

Anyone know if there will be any new armor designs along with this update? Finding it hard to create a cool looking female human warrior.

(Red Solace from the game BTW)!

T

the vigil set is pretty nice. at least pants/BP. that's what I rock as a wvw/dungeon set.

nataku

I was browsing videos on youtube earlier and ended up seeing a GW2 CE unboxing in someone's channel. Turns out I really am missing 1 of my 5 art prints. It was one of the best ones, too. Really disappointing.

the vigil set is pretty nice. at least pants/BP. that's what I rock as a wvw/dungeon set.

I use the vigil BP with gladiator (rare crafted) leggings and shoes. Then I give my shoulder plates, gauntlets, and helmet the barbaric skin (masterwork crafted). Looks totally sick and it's pretty cheap to get the look together.

Well, if you still like it, but just dont have the time, you can always go in at your own pace. You can always progress and have fun, even if you have a small amount of time to play

Yeah, this game isn't going to run off and leave you behind. Remember: No subs.

leng jai

Yea, im not a huge fan of the majority of light armor for my charr mesmer as well. SE dungeon armor is freakin sweet though. I will be rocking that with some HotW gloves and maybe some boots (cant see em and i got a lot of tokens from there)

SE light coat plus CoF gloves is a great combo. Currently rocking it myself. I still don't really have a pair of boots I like though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looks like I can't make it to the event tonight. Damnit, I was really hoping to attend every one.

Someone memorize the location of the puzzles so you can take me later!

edit: Oh and I'm an Asura of my word:
ibcTppwWnFZ5Mf.png

Looks much more flamboyant in daylight, I assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom