• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Still having the same problem, and I dont think there is a maintenance going on or anything.

"Connection error(s) detected. Retrying..." just stays there now.

EDIT: lol nevermind, somehow my firewall had Guild Wars 2 blocked...guess after upgrading my virus scanner, must have defaulted back to original settings.

Rarutos

Sigh, I really don't like being forced to complete the WvW maps for 100% World. :( It's so irritating walking around, casually exploring the map and then suddenly get mobbed by a zerg!

Levyne

Banned
So is the halloween event just minigames and new city looks or permanent new content?

In guild wars 1 it was often a temporary chance to get some unique gear/masks/consumables. Seems like they are incorporating some more permanent things this time though; dynamic events, vistas, etc. Still seems to lean more as an event and less as a full blown content patch. Maybe we'll be surprised.

gotee12

So I finally picked up GW2 today using that Amazon discount code. I logged in and got the Hero's Band in my mail. I thought that was a preorder only item? Having just bought the game, I obviously didn't preorder it.

Ken

So I finally picked up GW2 today using that Amazon discount code. I logged in and got the Hero's Band in my mail. I thought that was a preorder only item? Having just bought the game, I obviously didn't preorder it.

Insignificant item; doesn't really matter. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So will existing Black Lion chests be affected by the new random drops from the upcoming patch, or just the chests dropped during that patch?

alright so i haven't played in a few days, now i log in and it greets me with "You have enabled e-mail authentication for this account... something about having to click a link to verify blah blah... i have NOT done anything so why would this happen?

Some known problem or what?

darkwing

alright so i haven't played in a few days, now i log in and it greets me with "You have enabled e-mail authentication for this account... something about having to click a link to verify blah blah... i have NOT done anything so why would this happen?

Some known problem or what?

check your email

check your email

yeah i did, it asks me to authenticate via email EVERY time i log in now, and i haven't turned that option on, it's like the game thinks there's some unauthorized login attempt each time i log in, when in fact it's ME every time wtf

edit: ok so it looks like the turned on Email Verification/authentication by DEFAULT now or something, there a way to turn it off again?

Boss Doggie

I'm still shocked that your character doesn't face towards his or her target, especially when behind him or her.

leng jai

I still don't understand what the problem is. Other than the camera being really crappy in tight spaces.

The problem is that the vertical FOV is ridiculous and your camera is looking at the ground half the time automatically. If you're in an enclosed area you can forget trying to see anything. I have never had to manually control a camera more in my entire life. Being a Norn Mesmer makes everything worse as well.

elithrar

I'm still shocked that your character doesn't face towards his or her target, especially when behind him or her.

That's a design decision, otherwise strafing/circling/positioning against your target is rendered null and void. I much prefer GW2's implementation over an auto-facing one.

Ephidel

Sorry to bother, and this might be a stupid question, but I just went back through my screenshots and realised most of them are terrible.
I'm not playing the game on the highest settings because my laptop is on the old side, but it looks far, far better than the pixilated mess my screenshots are turning out as. I've looked, but I can't seem to find anywhere to change screenshot settings. Is there an option somewhere to take higher quality ones?

Boss Doggie

That's a design decision, otherwise strafing/circling/positioning against your target is rendered null and void. I much prefer GW2's implementation over an auto-facing one.

For backstabs huh?

Still, I wish the targeting system was a bit more cooperative. What I hate is suddenly having a swarm of moas attacking me or my target suddenly changing for some odd reason.

Complistic

Sorry to bother, and this might be a stupid question, but I just went back through my screenshots and realised most of them are terrible.
I'm not playing the game on the highest settings because my laptop is on the old side, but it looks far, far better than the pixilated mess my screenshots are turning out as. I've looked, but I can't seem to find anywhere to change screenshot settings. Is there an option somewhere to take higher quality ones?

There was in beta, but they took it out for some reason. It had an issue with water but other than that there wasn't anything wrong with it. Use fraps for screenshots.

jersoc

I still don't understand what the problem is. Other than the camera being really crappy in tight spaces.

it's crazy small. horrible FOV can cause real life problems with head aches and motion sickness. luckily i don't have that problem, but lots do. not including a slider for FOV for their bullshit reasons is beyond stupid and inexcusable really.

if you fight jormag when he lands your FOV changes. that is what i want to play at. so the game can clearly support it. funny how they forget about that when they stated their reasons to keep FOV so damn close.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually you can take uncompressed bmps with a shortcut flag -bmp http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

nataku

yeah i did, it asks me to authenticate via email EVERY time i log in now, and i haven't turned that option on, it's like the game thinks there's some unauthorized login attempt each time i log in, when in fact it's ME every time wtf

edit: ok so it looks like the turned on Email Verification/authentication by DEFAULT now or something, there a way to turn it off again?

When you open the email and visit the website it tells you to, you should have a check box on the site that says "remember this location" or something similar. Check that and it shouldn't ask you any more for your home PC provided you don't have a dynamic IP address or travel with a laptop.

If you want to disable email authentication, go here and follow the steps under "What do I do if I am having problems with e-mail authentication?".

Tankshell

This is actually quite annoying as a melee warrior, sometimes the enemy moves slightly before triggering an attack and because I am no longer pointing in the right direction nothing connects. And you cant rotate mid-skill either.

nataku

I'd be really surprised if that's the case... I'll still change it.

They're just asking everyone to change their password, even if it's not on the list. They'll then add your old password to a blacklist that they won't allow anyone else who creates a new account to use.

etiolate

Banned
They're doing "four acts" so not everything will be in on tonight's patch. I imagine the city changes will be though and that should be fun.

Boss Doggie

Nowadays it feels like dungeon runs are actually short, especially when we skip mobs in exploration. Back then it felt long.

desverger

Nowadays it feels like dungeon runs are actually short, especially when we skip mobs in exploration. Back then it felt long.

I really dunno what to think of the mob/boss skipping. Part of it definitely is due to arenanet's (poor) design decision to reward you only from the completion of the dungeon, so naturally people just want to rush to the end and skip everything that's possible, if you're just doing them for the tokens. And for me personally, doing 3 paths in one night takes just the correct amount of time for now.

On the other hand, it does feel a bit wrong and that the game is not meant to be played like that. But what can you do :p

Kingbrave

Ele is such a nice change of pace from my warrior. I love how in this game skills are different depending on what weapon is equipped.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this was posted by ColinJohanson (Game Director) on the official guild wars 2 forums yesterday very much looking forward to november now

A number of the activities/mini-games are things we decided to table for a while in favor of focusing on features and areas we felt were more important for the game. That being said, if you like activities, make sure to stop in and visit during the big Halloween festivities running from Oct 22nd-Nov1st!
In the short-term we’re currently focused on adding a massive wealth of additional content and features for players to do in the game using the players core skill-bar, which you’ll start seeing in the Shadow of the Mad King update in October as well as our massive November release.
Long term we’ll absolutely be adding more activities as well, but we want to make sure we’ve got loads of stuff to do at level 80 in PvP, WvW, and PvE using your characters core skill-bar first and foremost, and we’re dedicating our focus in that area. Down the road, we’ll continue to expand on the scope of activities available in the game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom