• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And it seems for buyable weapons.

It's pretty easy to get them if you go to certain areas. Was pretty hectic and fun!

well, got my chainsaw on 3rd chest :p

You must post screens!

I opened 5 chests, still have over a 1000 gems but might just convert to Gold as my luck with loot drops is amazingly terrible.

“Save Yourselves!”: This skill has now been split between PvP and PvE. In PvE, players will notice no difference. In PvP, this skill’s boon duration has been changed to 5 seconds.
- When they say PVP do they mean WvW also or just sPVP? That sucks they halved it.

Besides that and Shield of Abs changes, doesn't seem like that bad of a patch for Guards for once.

10 keys and nada.....I am done with keys unless they drop which is very rare...not buying them...

Yeah, waste of money IMO. I guess you can buy the outfits directly from the gem store (I think) which is probably cheaper than keys. I need to not get caught up in the "buy stuff" mode like I did with WoW because this is real money. I love the events, LA was a madhouse last night, but I'm not really looking forward to the rewards and such with how this is implemented for future holiday events. I understand a cash shop but dang, this was pretty taxing, lol. Christmas already is harsh on the budget and I won't be buying my virtual characters presents with real money haha.

Lesson learned, indeed.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the second patch they released a few hours ago changed the skeleton doors, before they use to stay open all the time and spawns skeletons.

now it seems u open the door for yourself only and spawn 1 enemy then u cant anymore after a while they also dissapear.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone know how to fill the event bar in lions arch ?

Retro

Audίoboxer;43507432 said:
Are the new Halloween costumed tied to light/medium/heavy armour, or can they be used on anything?

still downloading the patch

There are shoulder pads that are restricted to armor class, but the costumes are all Clothing items and can't be worn in combat, so there's no restrictions there. You can transmute the shoulders, of course.

Retro

Look forward to playing tonight. Just got this game the other day, joined the guild, now it's time to play catch up!

Don't rush. Smell the roses. Explore. The game is the journey, not the destination, and it all begins the instant you start playing rather than some secondary metagame that emerges at the end.

I've been playing since the headstart and my main character is only level 67... of course, I'd have an 80 by now if I hadn't blown up my original main at level 60, but that's just me being picky about my characters.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Don't rush - that's the advice you're going to get from everyone.

Most importantly, remember that you CAN participate in the event at low level. That's a HUGE bonus from other MMOs. You aren't being forced to hit max level ASAP so you can join in the fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Look forward to playing tonight. Just got this game the other day, joined the guild, now it's time to play catch up!
I'll be back in-game at around 9pm EST tonight for the first time in about a week and I will be more than happy to help out with anything at all if you'd like some company. Literally even if it's just running around the newbie zones or helping out with your personal story.

btw, at level 80, the karma you get from events in the 1-15 zones is totally worthwhile. One of the best things about the event system is that as far as rewards go, you can never be bestowed karma rewards lower than an event 30 levels below your own. Put more simply, at level 80 you get level 50 rewards for doing a level 7 quest.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Might as well ask here since the other thread is getting touchy - is the infinite candy corn elemental a bug?

pyrandes

Anyone got any good PvE mesmer builds they'd recommend?

Depends in the style of play you want to do.

Most Staff builds are super versatile, built around survivability.

GS builds are great for damage.

I just respecced to a condition bomber build last night, using the sceptre (due to the speed increase). On a stationary target you can easily keep 3 conditions on a target 95% of the time, which ties in wonderfully with the iWarlock.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
any picture?
Sure...
edD3l.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Looks a bit trashy on a human. Hope they open up race changes soon, because that'd look great on a charr!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Spend stupid amounts of money on keys for chests, how else.
:-/

No. I just looked over the patch notes.

You can buy all these things on the trading post. Since you can buy gold with gems, if you really want to, you can just spend money to buy the items outright.

Achtius

:-/

No. I just looked over the patch notes.

You can buy all these things on the trading post. Since you can buy gold with gems, if you really want to, you can just spend money to buy the items outright.

someone in the guild said they sold something for 17g

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tradable skins only last 4 hours, though you can get permanent versions from chest as well.

Apparently.
Wait whaaaat? The weapon skins wear off...?

In unrelated news this patch is MASSIVE.

Sorrow’s Embrace
Inquest Grenadiers have been reassigned to a new task; some new enemies await on the long road.
UNF. Who's trying it with me? This message intended not only for but definitely specifically for you, Piecake.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmmm. Ill need to get in on a group for that SE path now. Sounds like they eased up on it.
I love how tongue-in-cheek they were about it. It wasn't "toned down HP pools for all inquest grenadiers on Asura path," it was "yep, those grenadiers were elite as fuck, they have better things to do"

etiolate

Banned
Might as well ask here since the other thread is getting touchy - is the infinite candy corn elemental a bug?

The unending gates are a bug. Forum post said they should be fixed soon.

(So farm them while you can. =p)

edit: They might have already patched the fix in it seems.

jersoc

Wait whaaaat? The weapon skins wear off...?

In unrelated news this patch is MASSIVE.

UNF. Who's trying it with me? This message intended not only for but definitely specifically for you, Piecake.

no, you can rent the skins from the merchant for 4 hours. 6 silver a pop. the black lion stuff is permanent.

I'll be back in-game at around 9pm EST tonight for the first time in about a week and I will be more than happy to help out with anything at all if you'd like some company. Literally even if it's just running around the newbie zones or helping out with your personal story.

btw, at level 80, the karma you get from events in the 1-15 zones is totally worthwhile. One of the best things about the event system is that as far as rewards go, you can never be bestowed karma rewards lower than an event 30 levels below your own. Put more simply, at level 80 you get level 50 rewards for doing a level 7 quest.

Sweet! I'd love to find some others to play with since most my friends went back to WoW for pandas...haha I have only ran around a little bit and leveled once before I passed out (thanks to the large patches that took forever to install). I'll be home probably a little after 9pm EST thanks to my other job needing me tonight (prob around 930 or 10)

Thanks for the input you guys! If anyone wants to play my tag is Justice.5613 (if that's what you even need to add/message people).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom