• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

Last night was my first trip into Lion's Arch. Saw the sites, soaked up the atmosphere, then embarked on the scavenger hunt.

The underwater areas were fan-f'ing-tastic. Hoooooly crap I was impressed. Pity so few people will actually check it out. On my way out, I took a wrong turn and ended up in what looked like an Order of Whispers base. Just imaging a gothed-out Sylvari Necromancer dredging herself out of the fetid sewer waters into the middle of some secret meeting brings a smile to my face.

"Uh, hai gusy! Wacha doin?"

Morokh

Soooo for the halloween Mystic forge recipes for the weapons it's really unclear what will happen when the event ends, maybe someone here might have some more info :

For the mystic forge weapon recipes, if I collect all the Halloween related materials during the event, but can't afford the other 'normal' ingredients needed until after the event (Elonian Wine for instance), will I still be able to get the recipe for the weapons ? (Gift of the moon and such)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Last night was my first trip into Lion's Arch. Saw the sites, soaked up the atmosphere, then embarked on the scavenger hunt.

The underwater areas were fan-f'ing-tastic. Hoooooly crap I was impressed. Pity so few people will actually check it out. On my way out, I took a wrong turn and ended up in what looked like an Order of Whispers base. Just imaging a gothed-out Sylvari Necromancer dredging herself out of the fetid sewer waters into the middle of some secret meeting brings a smile to my face.

"Uh, hai gusy! Wacha doin?"
I didn't get to do this last night, but the atmosphere in Lion's Arch is stellar. All the "little touches" are great. The Heart of the Mists is redecorated as well!

Haven't done the scavenger hunt yet either. Spent last night getting trolled in Sorrow's Embrace.

HEY, DUNGEON. YOU. ME. MILITARY PATH. TONIGHT. Who's coming!?
Soooo for the halloween Mystic forge recipes for the weapons it's really unclear what will happen when the event ends, maybe someone here might have some more info :

For the mystic forge weapon recipes, if I collect all the Halloween related materials during the event, but can't afford the other 'normal' ingredients needed until after the event (Elonian Wine for instance), will I still be able to get the recipe for the weapons ? (Gift of the moon and such)
I'm not enitrely sure on this. I think Jira asked something similar to Kristen last night but I'm not sure I got the answer right.

Does anyone know if the Pact Victory Token reward is halloween only or here to stay? I am guessing it's the latter.
Definitely here to stay. It's the reward for completing the story. You get one per character. The skins are daaaamn fine if I do say so myself.

Maybe I'll use mine for the shortbow...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Reddit provides some very useful information sometimes:

So, many of you will have finished Act I by now and will probably be waiting for the next one to use your Candy Corn Powered detector again. Well, did you know that it discovers other little hidden spots too? Take, for instance, the diving board in Lions Arch. If you walk onto it and use the Aqueous field scan (number 1) an interaction glimmer will appear off the edge. Interacting with this creates a tunnel of fire rings, which if jumped through rewards the jumper with 5 Personalized ToT bags. Has anyone discovered any other similar secrets?

Found and confirmed so far

Diving Board at LA, use Aqueous Field Scan (Number 1) and interact with shiny to create Fire RingsTM . Jump through these quickly and earn 5 ToT bags. Repeatable.

Old LA, just east of the diving board are the lion statues underwater. Use Corporeal Field Scan (Number 4) and interact with left lions nose, then right lions nose 4 times for 4 bags.

Old LA, fountainy looking structure (like a big tube), just south of docks. Use Aqueous field Scan (Number 1) and interact with shinies on top of water jets. Avoid excited quaggan. Earns 3 ToT bags.

Sewers in LA, entrance is by the pool of water just south the Guild Bank symbol on the map. Run round the corner and stand at the T junction and use Gaseous Field Scan (Number 2). Interact with shiny that appears and a shade will run from right to left, dropping 2 shinies spaced out. Earns 1 bag per shiny.

Queensdale Cemetery, east of word "Shaemoor" on the map. Two angels at entrance to graveyard, climb hedge and stand on left angel's hand. Use Etheric Field Scan (Number 3) and interact with left hand, then jump across to right angel and interact with shiny hand there to earn 4 ToT bags.

Kessex Hills Graveyard, Blackroot Cut. Jump onto the roof of the hut using the skulls on the spikes, and use Gaseous Field Scan (Number 2). A shiny will appear off the front of the hut, activating this will create a shiny on the cliff wall behind the hut. Jump to it and interact 4 times to receive 4 ToT bags. Thanks to Buinovsky for this one.

Check the link for updates with eventual pictures!
Reddit link!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
from what ive heard the doors you find around. later on in the event (maybe from act 2 onwards ) you can enter them and thats how u get to mad kings tower.

nataku

Has anybody seen a picture of the Severed Dagger?

634865812096190833.jpg

It's got a hand on it. Kind of strange. I'd like to see what it looks like being held.

It's going for about 4g right now according to GW2DB.

For all the people having DC issues.

Excellent news.

Reddit provides some very useful information sometimes:

Check the link for updates with eventual pictures!
Reddit link!

Wow, guess I know what I'll be doing tonight! They really went all out with this update.

I wonder how people are finding these, is it just trial and error, or does the detector give clues to non-scavenger hunt stuff?

Ugh I am having issues finding the last 2 ghosts in the Halloween Quest even with a guide (prob because I literally started the game last night and might not have found those areas yet). Any suggestions or does anyone have a better guide than the one I am using haha

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ugh I am having issues finding the last 2 ghosts in the Halloween Quest even with a guide (prob because I literally started the game last night and might not have found those areas yet). Any suggestions or does anyone have a better guide than the one I am using haha

Which guide are you using? I posted one from Reddit earlier that seems to be pretty solid (with pics).

Audioboxer

Created my Charr Guardian, time to get levelling and enjoying Halloween!

gw040.jpg

I don't roleplay in games, but I thought I'd try stick to some Charr naming policies. The name Sif comes directly from Dark Souls, love that big grey wolf - Hence the colour of my Charr as well. He's part of the exclusive Grey warband, for Charrs with grey furr only, and loves all things steel :p

inky

WTF is going on with her face... I like it better with the hat off, but of course, my character's hair will clip all over the stupid outfit.

FvLyF.png

Audίoboxer;43553751 said:
I don't roleplay in games, but I thought I'd try stick to some Charr naming policies. The name Sif comes directly from Dark Souls, love that big grey wolf - Hence the colour of my Charr as well.

In case you didn't know...

WTF is going on with her face... I like it better with the hat off, but of course, my character's hair will clip all over the stupid outfit.
Looks like that broom might have a few extra...functions.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My goals for tonight's gaming session:

-Complete an SE run and get my pistol (FUCKING FUCK)
-Complete the LA scavenger hunt, and get some of the extra trick-or-treat surprises
-Farm some candy corn in Gendarren
-Complete mission 2 in Dishonored
-Hit level 18 in Borderlands

I can do it.

Damnit, I always read the cool shit while I'm at work and then by the time I get home, forget about it. I'm bookmarking that map as I really haven't done shit except waste money on keys and run around attacking doors. So much more to do!

EDIT: I assume you mean Borderlands for PC?

Also, I couldn't get an answer in guild chat about there being an instance related to Halloween or something?

The more I read about this game, the more I need it. Can't wait to put hands to it. :D

Now you need it so you can do the Halloween stuff! haha

Just get one on ebay like here
I bought mine from someone on ebay for around $40 and asked before I bought it if they could send me the code from my game box so I can be playing while I have my hard copy disc etc shipped to me and they did it no problem. You can just download the game client off GW2 website.

Atrophis

My goals for tonight's gaming session:

-Complete an SE run and get my pistol (FUCKING FUCK)
-Complete the LA scavenger hunt, and get some of the extra trick-or-treat surprises
-Farm some candy corn in Gendarren
-Complete mission 2 in Dishonored
-Hit level 18 in Borderlands

I can do it.

Best source of candy corn is doing the stuff in post 3647. Got a crap ton earlier in only a few minutes.

jersoc

good news

Hey, everyone. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the team has taken on board your feedback and concerns.
We’d recommend not throwing away or selling the items you’ve been receiving in the Black Lion Chests, as we’ll be providing ways in which those items can be used to obtain Halloween-related items…
We’ll have further updates when they become available.
Thank you again for all your feedback.

Now you need it so you can do the Halloween stuff! haha

Just get one on ebay like here
I bought mine from someone on ebay for around $40 and asked before I bought it if they could send me the code from my game box so I can be playing while I have my hard copy disc etc shipped to me and they did it no problem. You can just download the game client off GW2 website.

Thanks AshleyJ! Would've never trusted eBay for games like this one, and asking for the code was absolute genius. Bookmarking it and buying it as soon as I can! Prob won't be before Halloween, but I'm more into having the game itself than bum-rushing for the Halloween gear (though it would be nice).

*Added to Watch List*

JChalmers

Neo Member
Ended up buying it today and downloading the updates as we speak. Might throw a EU Guild request out at some point, want to have a play with some of the classes first.

I really wish the witches outfit was not simply town clothing, or my wallet would be throwing up everywhere right now. I did buy some keys, but after getting nothing out of any of the chests, I decided to stop spending money on them till they at least address the issue, which they have so I'm happy about that.

If anyone needs any help finding their way through the Halloween events, just send me a tell on Xaric Endryn, I'm more than happy to help out wherever you need it.

Katoki

I'm not actually sure of what "junk" people're getting from the chests. I just have a larger collection of boosters, repair canisters, and revive orbs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really wish the witches outfit was not simply town clothing, or my wallet would be throwing up everywhere right now. I did buy some keys, but after getting nothing out of any of the chests, I decided to stop spending money on them till they at least address the issue, which they have so I'm happy about that.

If anyone needs any help finding their way through the Halloween events, just send me a tell on Xaric Endryn, I'm more than happy to help out wherever you need it.
Bear in mind that you can use town clothing out of towns, just not in combat.

I had a dude show up in from of the SE entrance last night and throw on the Mad King costume. He put down a table and everybody around it was able to have a food fight. Awesome.
I'm not actually sure of what "junk" people're getting from the chests. I just have a larger collection of boosters, repair canisters, and revive orbs.
Aren't you getting tonics?

Ashodin

I had a dude show up in from of the SE entrance last night and throw on the Mad King costume. He put down a table and everybody around it was able to have a food fight. Awesome.

Aren't you getting tonics?

You better not need 250 of those. Because FUCK

Those items are nice, but I can get those at any time during the year. Think most people are looking for the special event items which will disappear as soon as the event is over.

I'm sure I'll still pick it up, but I would have really liked to make that outfit my necro's all the time outfit. Seems so fitting.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Those items are nice, but I can get those at any time during the year. Think most people are looking for the special event items which will disappear as soon as the event is over.
Did you miss this bit?

Hey, everyone. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the team has taken on board your feedback and concerns.
We’d recommend not throwing away or selling the items you’ve been receiving in the Black Lion Chests, as we’ll be providing ways in which those items can be used to obtain Halloween-related items…
We’ll have further updates when they become available.
Thank you again for all your feedback.

Did you miss this bit?

No, I was just commenting to why I figured most people were saying that they felt they got "junk" from the chests.

I have an entire bank full of those things as I haven't used since I started playing. Pretty excited if they make a nice conversion system, I will probably walk out like a bandit.

Katoki

Exactly. The stuff I got was the stuff you'd normally get without a holiday event going on, so I'm not sure what the "junk" is. Yes, I do have a larger stack of tonics as well though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Audίoboxer;43553751 said:
Created my Charr Guardian, time to get levelling and enjoying Halloween!

gw040.jpg

I don't roleplay in games, but I thought I'd try stick to some Charr naming policies. The name Sif comes directly from Dark Souls, love that big grey wolf - Hence the colour of my Charr as well. He's part of the exclusive Grey warband, for Charrs with grey furr only, and loves all things steel :p

Iron Legion?

Audioboxer

Iron Legion?

Went Blood Legion, as a Guardian is more 'warrior' based than engineering/guns. Heck we can't even use guns.

My Charr engineer is Iron Legion.

So I'll get to experience both - Already did quite a bit of blood legion and fairly enjoyed it (much better than Human, the only other story I've done a bit of). This was on a warrior though and I simply grew tired. Not long after deleting this character I took a rest from GW2. It's not grabbing me like most other MMOs I've tried, keep getting bored, but I love Halloween so this content patch should keep me going.

I also found out Charr are basically atheists, so that made me happy :p

Exactly. The stuff I got was the stuff you'd normally get without a holiday event going on, so I'm not sure what the "junk" is. Yes, I do have a larger stack of tonics as well though.

Yep. Just the same stuff I always get, so I stopped. I don't remember any junk.

th3dude

Is there a good all inclusive guide to all the Halloween stuff? I used to be spoiled by one of the MMO sites doing great guides for WoW events but I forget where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom