• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ooh, the Deathly Avian shoulders actually might be perfect for my Ranger... Can anybody check what they're selling for? Nothing seems to be on spidy yet for any new stuff.

Man, I can barely bring myself to log in anymore.

Too sad at the state of sPvP. Also warriors suck, and that's terribly demoralizing when they're my favorite class by far. -_-

jersoc

So the skins you can buy at the TP are permanent?

correct, the skins from the chest are permanent. there's a vendor near MF that rents them. he also has 3 skins for sale for 150 corn. those are NOT the chest ones tho. shield, staff and gun i think.

Vossler

Gonna get about 2 hours in tonight, not sure what I'm going to try. Will probably run through the halloween events. Gonna check guildgaf for guild plans.

leng jai

So it looks like they shut out the cheese tactic for beating Lupicus in Arah. Wouldn't mind having another go at him today but he seems downright ridiculous to beat when the WP is so far away.

Achtius

Event spoiler here: Scavenger Hunt Guide

For anyone (like me) who doesn't care about discovering those dumb ghost finder locations themselves, this should help.

Ooh, the Deathly Avian shoulders actually might be perfect for my Ranger... Can anybody check what they're selling for? Nothing seems to be on spidy yet for any new stuff.

what lvl is your ranger? We should do some dungeons to level up :D

Giard

It was my gf's birthday yesterday, ArenaNet sent her nothing. :(
I thought that in Guild Wars, they usually sent gifts on that day? Although I can't remember giving them my birth date.

Deitus

I thought that in Guild Wars, they usually sent gifts on that day? Although I can't remember giving them my birth date.

It's not on your real life birth date. They send you gifts on your character's birthday (i.e. the anniversary of creating that character).

Ricker

The new NVidia drivers fixed the ambient occlusion problem I had with the game with my 560 Ti...as for the halloween stuff so far,it's kinda boring and not explained very well,if at all,on what you are suppose to do...I hate when I have to go to the Wiki's and what not to find out how to do stuff in the game....no quest or anything to guide you a bit in game...

Ashodin

The new NVidia drivers fixed the ambient occlusion problem I had with the game with my 560 Ti...as for the halloween stuff so far,it's kinda boring and not explained very well,if at all,on what you are suppose to do...I hate when I have to go to the Wiki's and what not to find out how to do stuff in the game....no quest or anything to guide you a bit in game...

I'm not entirely sure, you think the game should just hand over the exact way to do things in the game? That's kinda lazy.

Ricker

I'm not entirely sure, you think the game should just hand over the exact way to do things in the game? That's kinda lazy.

It's not a question of lazy,I just want a little more guidance,in game...just take the jumping puzzles for example,I did about 6 or 7 maps with 100% completions and I never saw those so called puzzles...now I found out last week that if you go on your Hero screen and look at the achievement tab and scroll down to the explorer tab and from there scroll down the list,they are there,but even with that,how am I suppose to know where the puzzle the Sands of bla bla is in the whole GW2 world...I dont,unless I go to youtube or the Wiki or whatever...that's what I don't like.

etiolate

Banned
It's not a question of lazy,I just want a little more guidance,in game...just take the jumping puzzles for example,I did about 6 or 7 maps with 100% completions and I never saw those so called puzzles...now I found out last week that if you go on your Hero screen and look at the achievement tab and scroll down to the explorer tab and from there scroll down the list,they are there,but even with that,how am I suppose to know where the puzzle the Sands of bla bla is in the whole GW2 world...I dont,unless I go to youtube or the Wiki or whatever...that's what I don't like.

I think the JPs are meant to just be found. I found one of the ones in Brisband Wildlands and discovering it was pretty awesome. The pirate ghost one in Lion's Arch is normally found by doing the Vista by it. That was also fun. The other two in LA I did look up via google. One of the three JPs in Lion's Arch called Troll's End is so insanely random to get into that I wonder how anyone found it to begin with.

Retro

There's something to be said for mystery in the world. That's one of the reasons I love the mystic forge so much despite being completely averse to gambling; at any time somebody can throw a switch and something entirely new can be added to the world.

We live in a time when you can see datamined patch info leaked from internal betas and know exactly how to kill a boss and what loot he will drop weeks before the content goes live. It used to be that the strategy guide shipped with the game, or a day early. Now, there are no surprises thanks to sites like WoW/Guildhead and active Wiki communities. If they want to keep certain stuff hidden (especially cool optional stuff like JPs) then that's awesome. Same with mini-dungeons.

In that regard, ArenaNet has been amazingly opaque about content while somehow being the most transparent MMO developer I've seen in almost a decade of playing the genre.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hahahaha. No. Your CHARACTER's bday, not yours ;)

Woops beaten I am dumb... on way home though oooomg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so whats all these halloween doors i keep hearing about ?

Giard

Yeah, spawns change slightly, and the guide doesn't say that you have to check for sparkles, not ghosts when you activate the scanner. At least I didn't read that part.

so whats all these halloween doors i keep hearing about ?

There are mysterious doors that randomly appear all over the world, and if you interact with them, halloween monsters will come out and you can kill them for candy corn and trick-or-treat bags. They disappear after someone opens them or after a certain amount of time, so you have to be quick to get to them.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Has anyone else been getting disconnection errors sporadically? I'm not sure if it's the update volume, or the fact that I turned on 2-step authetication last night.

DarkSloth

Has anyone else been getting disconnection errors sporadically? I'm not sure if it's the update volume, or the fact that I turned on 2-step authetication last night.
Yeah. The Halloween patch seems to have messed up the mobile authentication. Turning it off will fix it. You can disable the authenticator at account.guildwars2.com

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kristen (that is Bornemann, of ArenaNet) mentioned to me that you should NOT TRASH OR USE THE "JUNK" YOU MAY HAVE GOTTEN FROM BLACK LION CHESTS IN TRYING TO GET THE HALLOWEEN SKINS

Again,
people who may have been frustrated with their lack of getting anything in black lion chests
HANG ONTO ANY STUFF YOU GOT FROM BLACK LION CHESTS.

that is all.

KingKong

So did everyone get that email from the NPC for beating the game? It said to go to the Fort and speak to some NPC but I guess the door to get there is bugged?

What is the reward, it sounded like a weapon

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So did everyone get that email from the NPC for beating the game? It said to go to the Fort and speak to some NPC but I guess the door to get there is bugged?

What is the reward, it sounded like a weapon
It's one of any kind of weapon you want, an exotic with a unique skin. Not sure how to get to him yet, though.

etiolate

Banned
Kristen (that is Bornemann, of ArenaNet) mentioned to me that you should NOT TRASH OR USE THE "JUNK" YOU MAY HAVE GOTTEN FROM BLACK LION CHESTS IN TRYING TO GET THE HALLOWEEN SKINS

Again,
people who may have been frustrated with their lack of getting anything in black lion chests

that is all.

There isn't much I would trash from there. I always keep the boosters. Unless you mean tonics...

but I still have those halloween tonics untouched from all two of my BLCs

edit: Also, the finale phase has been moved up three days to starting the 28th through 11/1. Smart move to give everyone three days to get the finale achieve.

markot

Banned
I opened 20 boxes >.<

I got one light shoulder armour and one medium.

I dont mind that, what annoys me is that I didnt get a single damn black lion salvage kit!

Also the stupid 15 use harvesting thingys that dont staccccccck... wtf.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There isn't much I would trash from there. I always keep the boosters. Unless you mean tonics...

but I still have those halloween tonics untouched from all two of my BLCs

edit: Also, the finale phase has been moved up three days to starting the 28th through 11/1. Smart move to give everyone three days to get the finale achieve.
yeaaah but you might use the boosters

markot

Banned
Ive got loads of boosters I never use >.< like the killstreak ones, I dont know 'when' to use them!

Crafting ones were nice though ^_^

I think black lion chests should have a chance to drop more items in general though, like pets, town clothes.... etc...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ive got loads of boosters I never use >.< like the killstreak ones, I dont know 'when' to use them!

Crafting ones were nice though ^_^

I think black lion chests should have a chance to drop more items in general though, like pets, town clothes.... etc...
I think what's cool about them is the more they add to them over time, the more you COULD get from them at any given time. The total chances to get something cool go up over time :p

Ashodin

Again,

that is all.

IF ONE OF THOSE ITEMS I DELETED ON ACCIDENT AND SHUTS THE WHOLE THING DOWN I WANT MY MONEY BACK ARENANET

Ashodin

"There is a one-time event in Lion's Arch on the 28th. Watch the progress bar in the Grand Piazza."

oooo

Mad King is gonna show up. Or we'll fight the fucking lion itself in lion's arch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom