• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

iblRX00Vt5Lfbk.jpg

Bored and don't feel like working on research topic proposal paper. It's due in 13.5 hours.

Realm of the Mad King – The mysterious haunted doors can become portals to or from the Mad King’s realm. Your actions determine whether the mad bestiary is coming or going. Enter the Mad realm yourself, and you’ll find a macabre new map full of creepy creatures, Halloween events, and things that go bump in the night.

Lunatic Inquisition – All is not well in the Mad King’s realm. His subjects are once again rising up against him. Do you join them or defend the king himself? Lunacy is contagious, so be wary. You may find yourself on the wrong side of the battle!

Reaper’s Rumble – In the Mad King’s pumpkin field arena, harvest your victory. Reap what you sow in this dangerous game of tactics and trickery. After all, it’s just not Halloween until somebody gets hit in the head with a pumpkin.

Mad King’s Clock Tower – Only the Mad King himself could imagine up such a devious jumping puzzle. You’ll need nerves of steel and steady feet to claim the treasure at the top of the Mad King’s tower.

So we can go through the doors now?

I have a level 80 Ranger in full exotics so I'll do my best to answer.

Shortbow will give you the fastest dps, especially with the ability to stack bleeds (although nerfed heavily from beta) Quickening Zehpyr + shortbow is insane.

For a swap, I tend to use longbows for events mainly due to barrage and using it to make sure I get taps on mobs. For dungeons and solo I use sword + warhorn offhand. The buffs off the warhorn are nice for grouping and the sword is nice because it gives you the ability to roll around your target as well as leap back if you need to get away.

Pets are up to you, I tend to use a tanky pet, like a bear for when I solo. For groups and dungeons, any of the ranged pets work well. I tend to like spiders with the aoe poison fields as any combo field is always an added bonus to the group. Most pets are pretty similar, just look at their F2 skills and find one that meshes well with your group. Fern Hounds have a regen, and the Alpine Wolf has a chill (severely underrated condition)

Rangers are one of the hardest hitting single target classes out there because they can focus all their skills on one target at range and stack conditions through the roof. Focus on that and you will do well.

This is a great post, thanks!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
CLEARLY there is a zone you can go into and it sounds like that zone will contain a minigame where you throw pumpkins and a ludicrously hard jumping puzzle I am FLIPPING OUT

edit: Wanted to do a COF run as soon as I got home but I may have to check this stuff out and argh i have stupid family dinner tonight blehhh

Edit: just noticed the event (?) mentioned in the description appears to be factional
Do you join them or defend the king himself?
I stand with the Mad King!

Jetman

dulfy's blog already has a walk through for the Phase 2 Halloween stuff! Damn they are quick. It didnt mention anything about going through the Doors though. But all of the quest points are high level 30/40 area's :( - Dont think my noob level 30 will be able to do these.

KingKong

Ok, I got that custom skin/weapon thing for beating the campaign

Is there any way to get more of those tokens (short of beating the game with an alt)? I want my second axe :<

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok, I got that custom skin/weapon thing for beating the campaign

Is there any way to get more of those tokens (short of beating the game with an alt)? I want my second axe :<
Which skin you go for?

It's one of the few sets where I think I like how every single weapon looks.

edit: Reading comprehension... fail. enjoy your axe

Ricker

Do world transfers cost money now? Put the game on hold right before Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 hit, but would like to play again and might as well switch to where there is some community with you GAF folks. Was on Henge (do they still steamroll in WvWvW?) but don't really care about how successful a world is.

No but its limited to once every 24 hours now...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Good news, everybody! Comcast is still totally fucking over my internet 10 hours later! And because service has not been interrupted- just ridiculously slow- I'll be getting no credit or compensation!

:|

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I posted 3 days ago that later in acts u can go through the haunted doors that's where mad kings tower is meant to be from the source I had :)

Katoki

Good news, everybody! Comcast is still totally fucking over my internet 10 hours later! And because service has not been interrupted- just ridiculously slow- I'll be getting no credit or compensation!

:|

Give them a call and don't take no for an answer?

Lulubop

Warrior advance in terms of traits/ point allocation, weapons, sigils and runes? (For high level instances). Best heal?

I run sword/mace with a focus on bleeds and weakness. Rifle as my swap. As far as utilities I run two banners and a third skill I switch around, though I've been using "shake it off", recently. Warbanner as my elite.

I'll follow this up with more info when I get home. Also I got the wrong Koda armor set, feels bad.

Why no love for the mace? Love the offhand skill.

Warrior advance in terms of traits/ point allocation, weapons, sigils and runes? (For high level instances). Best heal?
Build I use (and most common because it is pretty decent) is 10 Str, 30 Def, 30 Tact.

Swap traits between either the shout or banner bonuses. (one you prefer)

Get the shield traits if you intend to use one.
(get the Sup rune of bloodlust for your 1-hand weap for that lack of dmg)

Good armor setup: Power/Vit/Toughness on each piece.

Prob more tips, but can't recall right now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they are only lootable once a day good luck getting the mad king set

jersoc

yessssssss omg at that FOV. fucking finally anet coming to their senses with that shit.

back to bitch about guardian scepter

Levyne

Banned
I logged in for a few minutes earlier. I can't see the difference in the FoV. =/

you have to add the text to the shortcut target, did you do that?

edit: Oooh, it wasn't mentioned here? lemme look up what it was

We&#8217;re ready to beta test a change to our FOV (Field of View) that should provide a better experience for those with widescreen monitors. We want your feedback about the change to help us decide whether to deploy it to all players.

To help test, you&#8217;ll need to add a special command line to your GW2 client&#8217;s shortcut. Here&#8217;s how:

1) Create a shortcut to your GW2 client (right-click -> &#8220;Create Shortcut&#8221;)
2) Right-click the GW2 client shortcut
3) Click &#8220;Properties&#8221;
4) Locate text field labeled &#8220;Target.&#8221; It should contain the file path of your shortcut, and will look something like this:C:GamesGw2Gw2.exe
5) Type -testVerticalFov at the end of the Target line
6) Once the command line has been added, click Apply -> OK.
7) That&#8217;s it! Jump in and play with this new setting, and post your feedback in the following thread:
If at any time you want to return to the old FOV, simply remove the &#8211;testVerticalFov from your target line and it&#8217;ll return to normal.

I like the puzzle and the process, HATE the mob of people and the annoying timer pre-event.

When you get to the first stop, and everyone is piled up, jump as soon as the disk comes out of the wall, it doesn't need to be laying flat for its collision to let you land on it. This can help give you a jump start ahead of pack as everyone else will be waiting for it to flatten out.

I did this the last few times before I finished it and it allowed me to go without having any gigantic charr butt in my way blocking where I was trying to land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom