• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

ALL of the issues I have with GW2's PvP is solved with the halloween pvp gametype. There is an actual goal, there are no capture points, you can have multiple roles (strike team and gather team, etc)....this is insanely fun. WHY ISNT THIS IN THE GAME NORMALLY?!

etiolate

Banned
Because ANet was trying to please too many different groups at once with Cap Point mode.

So, did they nerf the exotic drops from the Labyrinth chests? I haven't tried it since earlier, but it felt like something they would do. =|

Because ANet was trying to please too many different groups at once with Cap Point mode.

So, did they nerf the exotic drops from the Labyrinth chests? I haven't tried it since earlier, but it felt like something they would do. =|

I've gotten 2 out of them tonight, so doesn't look like it.

Is the labyrinth shared to all players or is it a personal instance like dungeons?

It's just a zone like any other, overflow and everything.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the labyrinth chests have same drop rate on items as before but they only give you a maximum of 2 items and can only be opened once per day now.

its also bugged so it goes away before everyone opens it.

theres a mad king set armor and you get the slippers from the clock tower, the rest you are meant to get from the chests in labyrinth but when u can only open them once per day ur pretty fucked at getting it

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's crafted armor with the mad king rune. Not realllly that worth working for, but you could get a lot of good stuff along the way.

finally got back to the game after a 2 week hiatus now...

Notice all these random halloween quests around, what's the point of doing em actually?

I tried one where i ran around in a graveyard, finding items etc and i guess i was supposed to survive til time ran out, well i didn't :( would that have gotten me something?

BrettWeir

finally got back to the game after a 2 week hiatus now...

Notice all these random halloween quests around, what's the point of doing em actually?

I tried one where i ran around in a graveyard, finding items etc and i guess i was supposed to survive til time ran out, well i didn't :( would that have gotten me something?

Yeah, that graveyard PvP event made no sense to me either. I had fun with it for a few minutes, but felt it went on to long. Found the most enjoyable thing to be just farming mobs and the chest in the middle of the Labyrinth. Got a lot more out of it for time invested.

Is there a place that explains what each Special Event achievement item is? IE, "It's a Mad Kings World", "Attend the Party", etc?

FillerB

Yeah, that graveyard PvP event made no sense to me either. I had fun with it for a few minutes, but felt it went on to long. Found the most enjoyable thing to be just farming mobs and the chest in the middle of the Labyrinth. Got a lot more out of it for time invested.

Is there a place that explains what each Special Event achievement item is? IE, "It's a Mad Kings World", "Attend the Party", etc?

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/27/gw2-halloween-achievements-guide/

Site has a lot of information on the different events.

Man, I'm really enjoying ranger. The game is finally clicking for me. Dunno how long it'll last, but it's worth the money at this point.

Now I'm going to go back and try thief some more. =P

(I'm a habitual alt leveler.)

Audioboxer

Man, I'm really enjoying ranger. The game is finally clicking for me. Dunno how long it'll last, but it's worth the money at this point.

Glad for you, I still suffer. I really want Engineer to click with me, as I love Charr and the lore behind them. I only find them suited to be an Engineer or Warrior though, and I got bored with a warrior. My necro Asura is doing well, but I have such an 'issue' with playing the small character :p Hated gnomes in WoW.

It just sucks that with an Engineer you only get to use two weapons, and of those weapons when using kits you don't get satisfaction of having decent looking loot.

I also simply don't know if I can sell myself on using kits, my engineer is a low level though, need to keep slugging along.

So i got my Thief to level 6 now (lol) what does initiative do exactly?

I notice once in a while i get blocked out of my skills so i have to wait for it to build i guess? but what can i do to make it build faster?

Other than that, pretty fun so far especially dual pistols rocks :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Clock Tower complete. Honestly, it's not that hard. The biggest challenge is dealing with the mob of people you're with. Once you get past the point where they all fail, it becomes much more manageable.

So what do I do next for more Mad King set?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's the camera that's my problem for the tower.

I notice once in a while i get blocked out of my skills so i have to wait for it to build i guess? but what can i do to make it build faster?

Thieves don't have cooldown in skills, instead they have initiative in which you cannot use a skill without the appropriate amount of initiative available.

I never had an issue with the camera I held down right and left mouse button to run and keep the camera circling with me, if you guys havn't tried that give it a try.

Edit: I also have strafe rebound to A and D

jersoc

try the FOV fix for the camera too. big, big difference.

doesn't help with the mob of people making you unable to see any platforms tho.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

If you have any questions about thief, after finally having fully inspected every weapon combo, feel free to ask as I have a ton of build ideas.

Init regen is a crucial part of the thief game. As awesome as it is to have no cooldowns (the first time you do a spike kill with the Executioner trait... nasty), being out of initiative makes you borderline stranded for a few seconds. Lots of weapon skills are doubling as movement skills and this is bad.

First, there's a level 15 passive trait called preparedness, in the trickery line. Crucial IMO- gives you 3 more initiative total. After that, there are a lot of good options found in traits. An extra 2 every 10 seconds; initiative gain on stealth, initative gain 7% per crit (I use this ), init on weapon swap (making a build around this trait is totally viable imo).

Finally beat the tower -- the first half seems harder than the last half. The last half had a couple of tricky parts, but once I knew what to do they were pretty straightforward to execute.

Now what to do with these dumb slippers...

ALL of the issues I have with GW2's PvP is solved with the halloween pvp gametype. There is an actual goal, there are no capture points, you can have multiple roles (strike team and gather team, etc)....this is insanely fun. WHY ISNT THIS IN THE GAME NORMALLY?!

Yeah, I hope these new PvP gametypes come back in some form. I like the hide-and-seek one quite a bit too (although it has some problems with villagers exploiting to "hide" in inaccessible locations).

Ashodin

Someone on Reddit said that likely these are tests for the future. They would have to balance the modes, add rewards, etc.

Ranger question: Companion's Might (Crits cause might to be cast on pet) or Sharpened Edges (CTC Bleeding on Criticals).

I'd go with Sharpened Edges unless you're doing a Beastmastery-centered build. Those extra stacks of bleed are nice to have, especially if you're heavy on the condition damage.

I never had an issue with the camera I held down right and left mouse button to run and keep the camera circling with me, if you guys havn't tried that give it a try.

Edit: I also have strafe rebound to A and D

Norns are Charrs are the worst, you might as well not play when you see them taking part...

etiolate

Banned
Reaper's Rumble is pretty fun. I can't tell if everyone has the same attacks or not. I saw a thief stealth on me once, but maybe that's just a trait that snuck through?

etiolate

Banned
How do I get to the Mad King jumping puzzle?

Find a haunted door in Queensdale, Metrica, Wayfarer, Plains of Ashford, Caledon, or Gendarren or whatever that lets you enter it. (There is a pre-event chain to open these up.) Once inside the Labyrinth lobby area, talk to the NPC Boatman and choose Clock Tower.

th3dude

Find a haunted door in Queensdale, Metrica, Wayfarer, Plains of Ashford, Caledon, or Gendarren or whatever that lets you enter it. (There is a pre-event chain to open these up.) Once inside the Labyrinth lobby area, talk to the NPC Boatman and choose Clock Tower.

Thanks!

Piecake

Kinda burnt myself out on GW2 and needed a break, so havent played in a week or so. That said, can i still do the first part or 2 of the halloween event or has that gone bye bye now that we are on the 2nd 3rd or 4th part of it?

Yaska

so many so close situations with the mad king jumping puzzle, all failures ended because my jump key didn't respond or I got the oh so nice slipping effect of character taking steps after landing a jump. Well break time, then to ace the damned tower finally.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

I have always played guild wars like that couldn't see myself changing it to any other way played the first one like it too

jersoc

Kinda burnt myself out on GW2 and needed a break, so havent played in a week or so. That said, can i still do the first part or 2 of the halloween event or has that gone bye bye now that we are on the 2nd 3rd or 4th part of it?

yes you can, the hunts won't go away til the whole event ends.

Ephidel

I thought I was somewhat passable at jump puzzles before I tried this... thing. For every good run I've had, I've balanced it out with countless terrible ones (half of which fail at that stupid little rock just after the first wait stop). It almost feels like I'm getting worse, rather than better.

Had quite a nice group of people in there though, with some pretty good camaraderie, even if only because we were all in the same situation. Quite fun to chat and mess around in there, and be joined on our climb by oakhearts.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That jump puzzle was tough, but the hardest part was dealing with the mob of folks and the dumb wait timer pre-puzzle. Once you figure it out, you can pretty much run without stopping.

Had quite a nice group of people in there though, with some pretty good camaraderie, even if only because we were all in the same situation. Quite fun to chat and mess around in there, and be joined on our climb by oakhearts.

Misery loves company.

I ended up having to run the tower twice. Once for myself, and then another for my girlfriend who got too frustrated with it. The things I do for love...

Yaska

In the end, even though incredibly frustrating, I really liked the mad king jumping puzzle. Was actually fun to get bit further and further every time.

massoluk

Banned
Well that was a punch in the guts, the one time I didn't mention I never did a particular CoF EXP route, we got a couple of wipeouts. After I said "please slow down, I never did the route", the whole group condemned me an idiot, the leader said he reported me, kicked me out of the dungeon. Jesus H Christ.

etiolate

Banned
Well that was a punch in the guts, the one time I didn't mention I never did a particular CoF EXP route, we got a couple of wipeouts. After I said "please slow down, I never did the route", the whole group condemned me an idiot, the leader said he reported me, kicked me out of the dungeon. Jesus H Christ.

Feel free to report them back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Was it route 3? Join me and Ash for it sometime soon. We'll take it slow, crack it, and kick the shit out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom