• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dries

Interested in joining the guild?

Hey sure, sounds like fun. How do we make this happen?

Dxtory definitely works with GW2, it just used to crash GW2 if you don't have the overlay enabled when starting you hit Play on the launcher. Maybe it still does going by Dries issue, but I haven't had the problem since I updated to version 2.0.120.

I've been using dxtory for all my screens and what little video capture I do. It does still have issues if I alt tab out of GW2, though. It quits working completely then until I close dxtory and re-open it with GW2 running in the background.

Well, I've never bothered to update Dxtory for a looong time, so I don't know. The funny thing is that Dxtory does work in combination with the game as long as I run Dxtory after GW2 has booted up.

Also wondering: is there an online stats and/or character viewer? Something like the Battlelog for BF3.

That would be a great idea actually. I'd honestly consider spending real money on that long before anything for myself, as crazy as it sounds. If I had a friend I knew really wanted something from the cash shop but didn't have time to earn the gold, it'd be a great option.

Describe the bug. It might not be.

It is actually in Gendarran fields, the cavern to the north where you need to use that magic ball radar thing to detect a "suspicious place", so i do that, then the ghost appears, i talk to him and he's supposed to go towards a wall and stand there to open up a door or something i believe, and he just vanishes at that spot and remains gone.

the end

:( several people stood there dumbfounded as well so i assume it's a bug.

I wonder whether that new patch with "haunted doors" has anything to do with this though, might give it a shot later hmm

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I used my 50% karma booster upon drinking 10 jugs of karma. I still have 40-ish mins of the effect, do you think the labyrinth is good enough for it? I'm still low level for the risen areas.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I used my 50% karma booster upon drinking 10 jugs of karma. I still have 40-ish mins of the effect, do you think the labyrinth is good enough for it? I'm still low level for the risen areas.

Yes. If you still have time left, go for it. Find the zerg and go door hopping!

Fishious

I've got a question about Halloween crafting. Will the items made through crafting professions still be craftable after the event ends? Obviously they'll be constrained by the availability of Halloween mats, but will they otherwise still be craftable? How about mystic forge recipes?

Taffer

It is actually in Gendarran fields, the cavern to the north where you need to use that magic ball radar thing to detect a "suspicious place", so i do that, then the ghost appears, i talk to him and he's supposed to go towards a wall and stand there to open up a door or something i believe, and he just vanishes at that spot and remains gone.

the end

:( several people stood there dumbfounded as well so i assume it's a bug.

I wonder whether that new patch with "haunted doors" has anything to do with this though, might give it a shot later hmm

He did this to me, he walked into the side of the door I came in through and disappeared. He was standing outside the room, invisible, but I got the 'Talk' prompt and managed to finish the quest.

Retro

I've got a question about Halloween crafting. Will the items made through crafting professions still be craftable after the event ends? Obviously they'll be constrained by the availability of Halloween mats, but will they otherwise still be craftable? How about mystic forge recipes?

I would imagine if you have the materials both regular crafting and Mystic Forging will remain in place. I don't see any reason why they would take either out.

Boogdud

Damnit i just did this 5 part event where you have to go and collect those pages of a book from the ghosts all over the world and the one in Gendarran fields cavern is BUGGED :(

Now i can't finish the event!

I'm assuming this won't be fixed until they patch it right? Tomorrow's the last day for Halloween events isnt it? :(

Make sure when the ghost runs away you follow him (he'll run towards the door). He's in a little nook around the left side of the door (still inside the room). Sometimes you have to use the thinger to show him again as he'll disappear when he runs.

Hopefully that helps, I thought the same thing.

Edit: yup, just trace the wall around the door, he's probably in that little nook to the left of the door. Just use the thingamabob again to make him show up.

So I've finally been able to invest some real time in this game with a friend (after owning it for over a month) and goddamn. This game really seems at it's best when it's just you and a couple friends wandering about trying to 100 percent a zone. It's a damn good time.

Any openings in GAFGuild?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I've finally been able to invest some real time in this game with a friend (after owning it for over a month) and goddamn. This game really seems at it's best when it's just you and a couple friends wandering about trying to 100 percent a zone. It's a damn good time.

Any openings in GAFGuild?

I miss this from the initial release. One of the most fun times I've EVER had in a game were wandering in GW2 while chatting in Mumble about random shit.

Regarding the Halloween stuff - how long do I have to finish carving those damn pumpkins? And what time do things kick off today?

I miss this from the initial release. One of the most fun times I've EVER had in a game were wandering in GW2 while chatting in Mumble about random shit.

I think it's probably the biggest success of the game (and it succeeds in a LOT, so that's saying something). It's the first MMO in which I feel like it's a social thing; where I actually feel like I'm having a few adventures with some friends. Other MMOs are so technical that you feel like a cog in a machine, rather than a group of explorers. That's how I always felt, anyway.

Vossler

Finally received my first two exotic drops from the MK chest last night. Made some decent money off of them. Anybody here know how/where to do the LA jump puzzles/and or the name of them? I may have to check those out tonight while enjoying the partayyyy.

Lyonaz

I did the Mad King Says event with a lot of people and it was hilarious when everybody fell to the ground when he didn't say Mad King Says.

Also the reward was a Witch Hat, already had one :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally received my first two exotic drops from the MK chest last night. Made some decent money off of them. Anybody here know how/where to do the LA jump puzzles/and or the name of them? I may have to check those out tonight while enjoying the partayyyy.
I know them and I'll do 'em with you if you like!

Can't wait to get on and check out the party. Boo, Witch hat, I already bought one. I want punkin helm!
I got Witch Hat too.

All left to do is carving and tower. :/
Same! And I wanna play lunatic inquisition. Reaper's Rumble is actually damn fun too, don't have all the time in the world though.

Vossler

I know them and I'll do 'em with you if you like!

Can't wait to get on and check out the party. Boo, Witch hat, I already bought one. I want punkin helm!

Same! And I wanna play lunatic inquisition. Reaper's Rumble is actually damn fun too, don't have all the time in the world though.

Looked them up, found out I have done one. Going to do them all tonight.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gah, I hate the server lagging in clock tower - you made the jump but it doesn't registers in the server side, so you are sent back even though you made the jumps.

Achtius

I know this weapon exist, but how do we get it

gw520.jpg

what is this "party" about anyway? Is that a real event where you need to do something or just something happening in the background while you do other stuff?

on a sidenote: I just played some more of my Thief alt and holy shit, so far i like this class even better than my Ele! SO FUN to start off a fight with dual pistols and when the enemy's getting closer with less than half health left, i finish him off with one or 2 quick dual dagger skills! This might be the quickest way to kill em of all classes combined that i've tried so far hmm

Only thing i am afraid of as a Thief right now is survivability with a couple mobs at once

I know this weapon exist, but how do we get it

It reminds me of the AC dungeon greatsword, but doesn't quite look like it.

what is this "party" about anyway? Is that a real event where you need to do something or just something happening in the background while you do other stuff?

on a sidenote: I just played some more of my Thief alt and holy shit, so far i like this class even better than my Ele! SO FUN to start off a fight with dual pistols and when the enemy's getting closer with less than half health left, i finish him off with one or 2 quick dual dagger skills! This might be the quickest way to kill em of all classes combined that i've tried so far hmm

Only thing i am afraid of as a Thief right now is survivability with a couple mobs at once

Thieves survivability goes up heavily as you level. Especially when you unlock more of the skills that will stealth you. Look at the trickery tree and spec into skills that regain initiative when stealthed and stealing.

Retro

top160sdv.png

eventsunl7j.png

baz6qs4q.jpg

schedulecoy59.png

Quick Links to alternative times;
Eastern | Pacific | Central | GMT+1 (Madrid) | Hawaii

guildipyf9.png

NeoGAF is represented in-game by Gaming Age Force [GAF]. Though you can join the guild regardless of server or region, the majority of the guild plays on the Stormbluff Isle server.
You can guest to Stormbluff Isle by clicking "World Selection" and choosing the "Guest" option. Unfortunately, guesting between North American and European servers is unavailable.

How do I join?
Whisper or send an in-game mail to any of the Guild Leaders or Officers:
Ashodin, Ferny, Gojira, Hawkian, Katoki, Kos Luftar, Levyne Lesník, Lucrezia Stone, Professor Retro or Wallach.
Alternatively, you can post your username ("name.####") or a character name in the thread, but because the thread tends to move fast we cannot guarantee we'll always see it.

Who can join?
Anyone; friends and family are more than welcome to join GAFGuild, but we ask that they be made aware of our guild policies, which can be viewed here: GAFGuild Policies.
Our policies are based heavily on GAF's own terms of service. Be aware that guild chat is often PG-13 in tone.

What resources does GAFGuild have?
  • GAFGuild.com
    To allow for more in-depth discussion, clearer event announcements and better organization, we currently have a separate site and forums located at [B]www.GAFGuild.com[/B].
    The site has a wealth of features not available on GAF, such as an events calendar, gallery and shoutbox. Images can be quickly posted directly into the forums as well.
    Though we'll usually cross-post, the best way to keep track of what GAFGuild is doing is to visit our site.

• Mumble
    GAFGuild also maintains a private Mumble server for members.You can download Mumble here.
    The server/port information can be found by quoting this post (it will appear at the top, embedded in the e-mail tags).
    Please use your GAF name if possible, so we know who you are.

• Twitter
    We will often tweet upcoming events and retweet GW2-related news.
    Follow us at @GAFGuild.

miscviy3t.png

GAF Guides
Written a guide or have a useful link you want to share? Send it via Private Message to Retro and I’ll add it to the list.
Useful Links
Previous OTs

Jetman

Ah, crap - I thought these events were going on until this Sunday. So, I did the first two phases of the Halloween events but didnt get a chance to do the Ascent to Madness/Mad King Boss fight (Phase 3), so I cant even finish it out with doing the Attend the Party portion right?

_woLf

Emissary to the Mad King title get. All Halloween events complete -- got the witch hat too, though I'll never use it as it makes my character bald.

Shambles

I was under the impression that the Halloween items would disappear after the event ends but the Dulfy guide makes it sound like they will no longer drop but are still permanent items. Which is the case?

Morokh

I was under the impression that the Halloween items would disappear after the event ends but the Dulfy guide makes it sound like they will no longer drop but are still permanent items. Which is the case?

the ones you buy from the vendor in Lion's Arch (staff / Bow / shield ) will vanish after 4 hours as stated in the description.

Everything else, candy/tonics loot halloween back items .... should stay.

The three items that the vendor sells also exist in a permanent version that can be crafted with the mystic forge , but they cost as much as legendary weapons (seems like they were in the loot-list of the mad king's dungeon too)

Dries

So today I'd thought I'd check out Lion's Arch for the first time.

:')

Within seconds I was a walking candy corn monster. I love this game.

Deitus

The jumping puzzles are permanent right? They won't be going away with with event will they?

The only jumping puzzle that is going away is the Clock Tower, since you need to enter the Mad King's Realm to get to it.

As far as I know, no items will be removed from your inventory after the event ends. You should keep all candy corn, tonics, and skins from the event. All Halloween recipes should remain active as well, and you should still be able to sell the items on the trading post.

The only thing that is going away is the ability for these items to drop from enemies, mining nodes, chests, and events.

So today I'd thought I'd check out Lion's Arch for the first time.

:')

Within seconds I was a walking candy corn monster. I love this game.

A candy corn elemental. An important distinction.

stone128

Buying a new gaming pc, getting it in 2 weeks time... can't wait to finally play an online game on a setting other than "low" ... lol :)

So i finally managed to finish that 6 part book hunt only to find that it is the NOOB version of that book/back armor i get as a reward :((( oh well it was fun anyway!

Atrophis

So i finally managed to finish that 6 part book hunt only to find that it is the NOOB version of that book/back armor i get as a reward :((( oh well it was fun anyway!

Have you done the second set of pages?

Ive got all achievs except tower and pumpkins. Gonna miss out on monthly achieve too, not gonna be able to salvage 300 items in 2 hours :/

Lyonaz

Have you done the second set of pages?

Ive got all achievs except tower and pumpkins. Gonna miss out on monthly achieve too, not gonna be able to salvage 300 items in 2 hours :/

Buy scraps on TP and salvage away, you will need around 2 gold I think

Just finished my Monthly Achievement, had to grind 36 events in Mad King Labyrinth today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom