• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed the last event just in time! Servers literally went down right after I completed Reaper's Rumble which was apparently the last event I was missing. Clock Tower took me nearly 3 hours. ._.

ibag3LcVAj3ydj.png

ioUY6DZi42uwZ.png

ibjPJvYw8uh0j.png

i6OqbstfTcj6H.png

iw88a8Gmtmww9.png

iAxaYH63qmhNz.png

ibea2VLheBnHnY.png

iBe8V5wcywlUZ.png

Lulubop

Is the Halloween stuff over? Disappointed I couldn't go to the party, but I been without power since Monday so it's the least of my worries. I was super close to getting that title as well.

etiolate

Banned
Is the Halloween stuff over? Disappointed I couldn't go to the party, but I been without power since Monday so it's the least of my worries. I was super close to getting that title as well.

From Patch Notes:

Unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy has made these past few days very hard for some of our players on the east coast of the United States. We would like to extend our condolences to all those affected by the storm. We recognize that because of power failures and the general situation, many players have been unable to meet Mad King Thorn in Lion’s Arch. One of the fake Mad King Thorn actors has decided to stick around until 11/15 to ensure that those who couldn’t play due to the storms still receive the “Attend the Party” achievement. If you missed the final event, you will be able to speak to him at the Grand Piazza in Lion’s Arch and receive both your achievement and a Halloween hat.

nataku

Patch notes for today:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-November-01-2012/first#post612798

nfortunately, Hurricane Sandy has made these past few days very hard for some of our players on the east coast of the United States. We would like to extend our condolences to all those affected by the storm. We recognize that because of power failures and the general situation, many players have been unable to meet Mad King Thorn in Lion’s Arch. One of the fake Mad King Thorn actors has decided to stick around until 11/15 to ensure that those who couldn’t play due to the storms still receive the “Attend the Party” achievement. If you missed the final event, you will be able to speak to him at the Grand Piazza in Lion’s Arch and receive both your achievement and a Halloween hat.

If that was all you needed, you can still get it. The other stuff though is gone.

EDIT: I didn't even notice I had an old version of the thread in a tab. A little late with this info, but oh well.

Jokab

So which class is considered OP at sPvP at the moment? It being an MMO, surely there is a majority who agree on one of them.

Playing a guardian myself, what is everyone running as their sPvP build? I use this:
Explanation (the build) except that I use shield instead of focus and switch Stand Your Gorund for Save Yourselves. I'm doing reasonably well, but it feels like I always get owned by thieves and mesmers 1on1. Most other classes I can handle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The lost shores teaser content is an interesting mix of Borderlads-esque hilarious nonsense and disturbing, unsettling occurrences.

Here's the easiest summation of the stuff we've found: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/02/gw2-the-lost-shores-pre-events-and-teaser/

(Dulfy gives Ash a shoutout in that article for the translations, yeah boyyyyeee)

Spoilers about the 16-18th event:
Kristen said the lighthouse in Lion's Arch will play a starring role (I can see it coming down permanently :()

Concerning Lost Shores, what do they mean by "one time only event" or something?

Is this new content/areas that will be permanently available after they introduce it or only DURING a one time event which will last say, one evening? somehow their page isn't opening for more info in my browser!

edit: nevermind, it says on the teaser link :( Content is for Level 80 only DAMNIT :((( i really need to get going to get to 80... then again wish Anet would make some lower level content as well but you can't have it all i guess.

edit 2: lol just read some more and apparently you're SCALED to 80, so i guess that's that ;)

Concerning Lost Shores, what do they mean by "one time only event" or something?

Is this new content/areas that will be permanently available after they introduce it or only DURING a one time event which will last say, one evening? somehow their page isn't opening for more info in my browser!

That's what I took from it. They did something similar in Rift when they opened a new raid way back when. Basically had giant zone wide events for an entire day that lead into the raid finally being opened.

I'm guessing we will probably have an event where maybe you can join an expedition force to check out the island, bad stuff will ensue, something wakes up, after that the island is open for good.

Do you meana new playable race? I really REALLY doubt that, there would be so many assets involved.

Most people expect the Tengu to be the next playable race, especially if the islands keep coming. What's weird is, if you watch the Tengu near LA, you can see a lot of their animations are in place, even down to little things like idle animations.

edit: nevermind, it says on the teaser link :( Content is for Level 80 only DAMNIT :((( i really need to get going to get to 80... then again wish Anet would make some lower level content as well but you can't have it all i guess.

edit 2: lol just read some more and apparently you're SCALED to 80, so i guess that's that ;)

one time only event - could it mean the opening or initiation of the zone? i think the area will remain as its made to extent end game content (solo). hopefully there will be end game mats (omno, ori, ancient wood).

I would get my butt to 80 if I was you because even though your scaled, you really want the survivability of the exotic end game armors.

I imagine we'd have to wait for a full expansion for a new race. Adding new personal story stuff from the ground up would probably be a big undertaking.

the new race needs to be Quaggan.

They would be the most unique addition to the portfolio. birdmen Tengu are okay, and they were loved in GW1 as a part of Cantha, but they dont got nothing on Quaggan.

downsides;

1) Quaggans are so different that their skeleton would make them incompatible with a lot of the gear in the game.

2) Quaggans spend a lot of time underwater. I think most of us dont want to do underwater content more than 5% of the time.

3) quaggans arch enemies the krait are annoying to kill.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Most people expect the Tengu to be the next playable race, especially if the islands keep coming. What's weird is, if you watch the Tengu near LA, you can see a lot of their animations are in place, even down to little things like idle animations.

I heard that the Tengu was practically "finished" but were cut.

the new race needs to be Quaggan.

They would be the most unique addition to the portfolio. birdmen Tengu are okay, and they were loved in GW1 as a part of Cantha, but they dont got nothing on Quaggan.

downsides;

1) Quaggans are so different that their skeleton would make them incompatible with a lot of the gear in the game.

2) Quaggans spend a lot of time underwater. I think most of us dont want to do underwater content more than 5% of the time.

3) quaggans arch enemies the krait are annoying to kill.

Cooo~

Moondrop

Banned
So which class is considered OP at sPvP at the moment? It being an MMO, surely there is a majority who agree on one of them.

Please, let's not talk in terms of "OP." That's scrub speak.

The top tier in sPVP is generally acknowledged to be thieves, mesmers, and guardians. Thieves and mesmers for the reasons you've already figured out and guardians for group utility.

But the meta is still young, particularly as it relates to team dynamics.

Lulubop

From Patch Notes:

Thanks a ton, good stuff to Anet.

I must say, about two or so months in and I really love this game though not without issue. I'm super excited for the content areas, I wonder if they'll add The Underworld and FoW similarly. Maybe 80-90 zone, and 90-100.

Also yea, I hope these new ones aren't like Orr.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My money is on:

1) Not Risen/anything having to do with Zhaitan
2) The island in question not yet being on the map (erupting out of the ocean)
3) Either a new type of dragon minion or other major enemy previously unseen (Keoni advises aqua-Titans which I could totally see)

I am not expecting anything having to do with the Dominion of Winds or Tengu (mostly to keep from getting my hopes up.)

My money is on:

1) Not Risen/anything having to do with Zhaitan
2) The island in question not yet being on the map (erupting out of the ocean)
3) Either a new type of dragon minion or other major enemy previously unseen (Keoni advises aqua-Titans which I could totally see)

I am not expecting anything having to do with the Dominion of Winds or Tengu (mostly to keep from getting my hopes up.)

If they don't include the Tengu, it could be something revolving around the Largos. I am certain we will see them get flushed out as a race as time goes on. I just really hope they update the texture on their wings, looks so low rez compared to the rest of their bodies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Largos are my bros. I would probably have to make another thief each for those two races if they were ever added, unless there were new classes simultaneously.

Boss Doggie

Largos are my bros. I would probably have to make another thief each for those two races if they were ever added, unless there were new classes simultaneously.

Eh, I never really felt largos, if only because they're only involved in Risen areas. Also they looked more like sylvari with underwater breathers.

Boss Doggie

That doesn't sound quite right. The only quest I've done with one involved was in Snowden Drifts.

Also they have giant blue and black wings.

Is it a world event? I don't seem to recall seeing one there. Most of my largos encounters are in Orr areas.

Deitus

There is also one in Mount Maelstrom (I think) that you have to fight for a skillpoint, and one that assists you in a story quest in Straits of Devastation.

There is also one event where you have to help a Largos fight a Krait Witch (can't remember if it was a Risen Krait or not), which I think was in either Mount Maelstrom or Straits, but I can't remember exactly.

Whales in LA and using buckets of water on them:

awesome i wasn't aware there were events involving whales in LA lol!

I randomly saw a humpback while diving around the edges of LA and thought it was great, so i swam a little next to him, took some pics etc but this is even better :)

Atrophis

Whales not dead! Phew, done some bucketing but nothing seems to happen. Kinda silly how happy I was when I saw a beached one moving :D This damn game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom