• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with this: many dungeon changes to fix easy exploits are never documented. Like the changes to the Spider Queen today - that's not on the patch notes. The dungeon community is constantly complaining about dungeon changes that fix exploits/cheese tactics, not being in the patch notes. And the things being fixed, usually make the dungeons harder.

An example:

Not that I know what you're trying to prove anyway. I don't think dungeons have been explicitly made easier other than AC story. Most changes were fixes, adjustments, smoothing out rough edges, which when combined with stat creep (Ascended) and players becoming familiar with content, can make it seem like things have been made easier, but in reality, they've just been made *better*.

I love whoever named that thing the Clown Car. Most of those are downright exploit fixes tho.

On the bolded, potato potahto.

hythloday

Today's Jira's birfday.

KJgjfItl.jpg

Happy birthday dooooooood

BraXzy

Happy birthday Jira!

The boss blitz me and Vyrance are in at the minute is going alright, we keep getting gold/silver even though there's only like one tag on the map. Sometimes people really do listen!

My luck has been pretty good today, I've had a few rares and a couple Exotic's out of the bags so far. Feels good.

markot

Banned
I like that I almost never get into an arena with enough people to do a boss blitz attempt. And the one time we almost did it my internet went out for 2 days...

Goldrush

I think the key for me is understanding what you mean by "actually right click and use the mouse since I find it targets more accurately." I might be taking you too literally but one way of interpreting this is that you actually take your hand off of the gamepad and right-click on your mouse itself, do something with the cursor, and then go back to your gamepad. If this is actually the case, I'm not surprised that you run into issues with the profile... this solution is absolutely not meant for one to use both the actual mouse and controller during combat. But I may have misunderstood, so just let me know. If nothing else if we start from scratch we can make sure it's working the way it should be.

Old quote. Yes, that was what I was doing. So, yeah, I've been avoiding doing that. While I can't target individual player effectively with the gamepad, AOE isn't that bad anymore since I got used to moving the camera to move the AOE target.

However, is there a way to disable clicking on the right thumbstick? Trying out grenadier engineer right now and, probably thanks to the continuous need to mash buttons, I keep on accidentally clicking on the right thumbstick. I'm guessing I just delete F7 from X-padder, but I want to make sure before I mess anything up.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Old quote. Yes, that was what I was doing. So, yeah, I've been avoiding doing that. While I can't target individual player effectively with the gamepad, AOE isn't that bad anymore since I got used to moving the camera to move the AOE target.

However, is there a way to disable clicking on the right thumbstick? Trying out grenadier engineer right now and, probably thanks to the continuous need to mash buttons, I keep on accidentally clicking on the right thumbstick. I'm guessing I just delete F7 from X-padder, but I want to make sure before I mess anything up.

Just remove F7 from the binding on Xpadder.

F7 is the hotkey assigned in the script. You won't break anything by unbinding it from RS-3

Korten

Banned
Anet... Pls... When S2 of LS begins, stop putting all the skins in the gem store. It's really starting to suck that you can get like... one or two pieces of skins in content and the rest requires you to pay up gold to gems or just buy gems...

Or hell release more armor that you buy with Karma. I know that sounds crazy, but...

Ashodin

Anet... Pls... When S2 of LS begins, stop putting all the skins in the gem store. It's really starting to suck that you can get like... one or two pieces of skins in content and the rest requires you to pay up gold to gems or just buy gems...

Or hell release more armor that you buy with Karma. I know that sounds crazy, but...

That's how they make money bro. Make gold in game and transfer to gems. Otherwise, just wait I guess. I hope they have more skins attached to LS, yeah.

Korten

Banned
That's how they make money bro. Make gold in game and transfer to gems. Otherwise, just wait I guess. I hope they have more skins attached to LS, yeah.

I just don't like how it feels like the majority of new skins are gem-store locked.

It sucks because the "meta" or "end-game" for GW2 is supposed to be skin-collecting...
And it feels like it's becoming Pay-to-win in a different way than normal.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The p2 champion breeder being immune to traps doesn't make sense - isn't that how it's supposed to be handled to begin with?

BraXzy

Thanks to Kos, Callunah, Trey and Hawk for the dungeon runs! We all did pretty good I think, not that I know how quick they should be. I really wanna start doing more dungeon runs but.. besides when someone in the guild decides to run one, what is the best way to find a run? Ask in map chat or something?

Oh and I can't believe some of you fell for my Eternity drop prank.. mwuhaha!

Trey

Thanks to Kos, Callunah, Trey and Hawk for the dungeon runs! We all did pretty good I think, not that I know how quick they should be. I really wanna start doing more dungeon runs but.. besides when someone in the guild decides to run one, what is the best way to find a run? Ask in map chat or something?

Oh and I can't believe some of you fell for my Eternity drop prank.. mwuhaha!

LFG tool. It's in the friends tab, default shortcut is the 'Y' key.

It sucks because the "meta" or "end-game" for GW2 is supposed to be skin-collecting...

This is a fallacy propagated by people who don't like Guild Wars 2. Playing dress-up is an aside, a totally optional component to GW2's "end game", which is simply "the whole damn game". Nobody at ArenaNet ever said the "end game" for GW2 was skin collecting. That's something people in the community came up with themselves, because they didn't understand how GW2 doesn't have an endgame (which is good).

In other news:

Man, levelling up an alt when you're running an XP booster, Laurel XP Booster, the new Kill Streak Booster, a Guild XP Boost, and a Guild XP Boost Flag, AND some food for a smidge more XP per kill, is such a joy. The hour timelimit is perfect for a "session" of play - log in, pop all the boosters, and when they run out, log out.

BraXzy

I love how that ends on now kill her for me

I only just noticed that haha! A couple people said that, I don't think I want to do that fight again any time soon though. Actually I kinda do now, just to see if I could do it again.. But I think I'll give it a while :3

BraXzy

I missed it!! :(

Congrats Brax!!

Thanks, you can always see me do it again if I attempt the 8 orb achievement!

I just finished the Gauntlet meta with the "Kill a third tier champion with an active gambit" I went with the fire one against Deadeye Dunwell, I'd safely say this release overall has been a lot of fun and it well and truly lived up to the hype. I think I've tried absolutely everything it has to offer now :D

Thorgal

Speaking of Xpadder .

When playing a class that uses aoe for most of it attacks (necromancer) with a controller it is difficult to place those fields with a controller .
With a mouse you would just select the skill .place the field where you want it and execute .
With a controller i lose that ability to quickly place fields where i want them and just using the attack most of them appear right at my feet or on the opposite side where i want them .

The major problem is that without using a controller i truly suck at the game .
In fact , i would argue that i am incapable to play any game competently while using a M/K:p
I would love some sort of solution for this if possible .

Saw ArenaNet congratulating Wildstar on Facebook! Classy of them:)

They sent the WildStar team cupcakes, many of the Anet devs are playing WildStar (and WildStar devs play GW2), etc. The industry isn't as cutthroat as it might seem - not among the devs anyway.

The people that make the games are gamers themselves, after all.

It's only the tribalism inherent in the "communities" that play the games, that tend to devolve into an us/them dichotomy.

This is a fallacy propagated by people who don't like Guild Wars 2. Playing dress-up is an aside, a totally optional component to GW2's "end game", which is simply "the whole damn game". Nobody at ArenaNet ever said the "end game" for GW2 was skin collecting. That's something people in the community came up with themselves, because they didn't understand how GW2 doesn't have an endgame (which is good).

Yerp, i really love that about the game, how its "do whatever you want breh, it's cool" "endgame" structure is really just a lobby filled with activities to run solo/with your bros, and gear/rng wont hold you back.

Also grats to Brax! Your bindings freak me out, man. Running a two button mouse?

Shiokazu

They sent the WildStar team cupcakes, many of the Anet devs are playing WildStar (and WildStar devs play GW2), etc. The industry isn't as cutthroat as it might seem - not among the devs anyway.

It's only the tribalism inherent in the "communities" that play the games, that tend to devolve into an us/them dichotomy.

in the end we're all a big family, and we learn more and discover more together.

what wildstar made right, we can see how it applies to guild wars 2 and what we do here they can do as well. Leave the competition to the marketers, they like that kind of stuff.
btw, pretty offtopic i go myself here: is there a place were we can post demos or games/stufflikethat that we made here in neogaf? i made something small and wanted to get some feedback, so i can fail faster and improve faster.

Zeroth

Yerp, i really love that about the game, how its "do whatever you want breh, it's cool" "endgame" structure is really just a lobby filled with activities to run solo/with your bros, and gear/rng wont hold you back.

Also grats to Brax! Your bindings freak me out, man. Running a two button mouse?

I assume it's not too late, but congrats on becoming a full member femur!

Teggy

They're both NCSoft games, upper management probably made them pimp Wildstar ;)

spiritfox

Wow, those bindings are crazy. I just put all my non-weapon skills on ZXC, and Elite on V (dodge is on Mouse 5).

Also congrats all round to those who deserve it. =P

btw, pretty offtopic i go myself here: is there a place were we can post demos or games/stufflikethat that we made here in neogaf? i made something small and wanted to get some feedback, so i can fail faster and improve faster.
Put it in gaming forum unless you find a beta/demo OT.

BraXzy

What's wrong with my bindings? :3

I have a two (extra) button mouse yeah. I have dodge on one and weapon swap on the other. I should probably do something more optimal but I'm happy with what I have atm.

I guess following my advice helped you out quite a bit.

Running around and attacking her indeed did the trick, giving her a death stare wasn't working :p

BraXzy

thanks, im looking for it.

I'd PM a mod about it. I'm not sure if the rules would apply in regards to some personal work/demo but I know that promoting your own stuff isn't allowed in most situations. It isn't really promoting since it's just getting opinions, but I'd double check.

What's wrong with my bindings? :3

I have a two (extra) button mouse yeah. I have dodge on one and weapon swap on the other. I should probably do something more optimal but I'm happy with what I have atm.

Given that you've managed to clear the gauntlet, nothing. Dont worry be happy mang

But modifiers, man, they freak me out. If you're going for modifiers, unless you got dat pinky dexterity which i sorely lack, you can only use one finger for movement, and then diagonal motion is out, then there's that arcane "maximum simultaneous keypresses" criteria that varies from keyboard to keyboard.

It's really a horrendously minor quibble

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Grats Braxzy! I knew you could do it, and without the cheese too <3

I'm thinking we'll run boss blitz tonight at 8:30. Official post to follow.

You're using the tab targeting- hold RB and flick the right stick right or left? In most situations it works pretty well.

As mentioned, you should be able to remove that F7 from the R3 binding without issue.
Speaking of Xpadder .

When playing a class that uses aoe for most of it attacks (necromancer) with a controller it is difficult to place those fields with a controller .
With a mouse you would just select the skill .place the field where you want it and execute .
With a controller i lose that ability to quickly place fields where i want them and just using the attack most of them appear right at my feet or on the opposite side where i want them .

The major problem is that without using a controller i truly suck at the game .
In fact , i would argue that i am incapable to play any game competently while using a M/K:p
I would love some sort of solution for this if possible .
Whenever I read stuff like this I get worried because it makes me think that people have been using the solution without major components of it working. It's hard to tell for sure from your description but it seems possible that auto cursor-recentering aspect of the script isn't working. First, you aren't running Windows 8 are you? Second, when you press the Back button once, does the cursor reset to a certain position (it should be centered horizontally and about kind of halfway between your character and the top of the screen vertically. If this is functioning properly, you can easily aim AOEs by hitting the button, and then aiming the "crosshair" the skill is centered around, using the right stick/camera. If it isn't working, your cursor will be all over the screen and AOEs will be incredibly tough to aim.

In my opinion, this aspect of the script (which was a major contribution from Weltall) elevates the gamepad solution from just workable to awesome. I was doing AC with an underleveled Staff necro last nice and it was joyous. I was able to place all the marks rapidly and accurately. Essentially, any time you activate an AOE skill it should be centered on the same "point" on your screen for your to aim. If this isn't working as described, something is wrong and we can troubleshoot.

BraXzy

Given that you've managed to clear the gauntlet, nothing. Dont worry be happy mang

But modifiers, man, they freak me out. If you're going for modifiers, unless you got dat pinky dexterity which i sorely lack, you can only use one finger for movement, and then diagonal motion is out, then there's that arcane "maximum simultaneous keypresses" criteria that varies from keyboard to keyboard.

Well I do feel like some of my abilities would probably be better off on single press keys. I mean atm I have autorun on R which is a terrible waste of the nearby keyboard buttons so I might change it to my Elite or something. I've not had too many problems with it so far though so I might stick with what I've got.. but it's always interesting to hear how other people go about keybinding since there isn't really a right way to do it.

Hawkian said:
Grats Braxzy! I knew you could do it, and without the cheese too <3

I'm thinking we'll run boss blitz tonight at 8:30. Official post to follow.

Thanks Hawk, no cheese was needed! I wouldn't have been able to cheese my way through it anyway with the recent patch changes so it's a good job I managed to do it legit. I should be able to make that run tonight hopefully, it's always fun trying to go for gold. Me and Vyrance were in a pretty good Pavillion yesterday that got something like 4 gold and 4 silver runs without tags.

Thorgal

Whenever I read stuff like this I get worried because it makes me think that people have been using the solution without major components of it working. It's hard to tell for sure from your description but it seems possible that auto cursor-recentering aspect of the script isn't working. First, you aren't running Windows 8 are you? Second, when you press the Back button once, does the cursor reset to a certain position (it should be centered horizontally and about kind of halfway between your character and the top of the screen vertically. If this is functioning properly, you can easily aim AOEs by hitting the button, and then aiming the "crosshair" the skill is centered around, using the right stick/camera. If it isn't working, your cursor will be all over the screen and AOEs will be incredibly tough to aim.

In my opinion, this aspect of the script (which was a major contribution from Weltall) elevates the gamepad solution from just workable to awesome. I was doing AC with an underleveled Staff necro last nice and it was joyous. I was able to place all the marks rapidly and accurately. Essentially, any time you activate an AOE skill it should be centered on the same "point" on your screen for your to aim. If this isn't working as described, something is wrong and we can troubleshoot.

I think i found the problem i was having .

When pressing the right stick and you can move the mouse around .if you press the back button to make the cursor disappear and then press it again it resets to where you left the cursor last which in my case was dead center on the screen or wherever i left the cursor at making aoe 's appear everywhere except where i was expecting them .

Simply placing the cursor between my character and the top of the screen fixed my issue and fields now appear where i want them.

Just have to remind myself to not press the right stick during combat .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom