• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiokazu

I'd PM a mod about it. I'm not sure if the rules would apply in regards to some personal work/demo but I know that promoting your own stuff isn't allowed in most situations. It isn't really promoting since it's just getting opinions, but I'd double check.

i think it is really time to know the mods that run the place. thank you sincerely brax

Moondrop

Banned
There have been many complaints about clipping and aesthetics of Charr gear, but I just had my own Can't Unsee moment for Charr wardrobe malfunctions. Almost all of the medium boot skins have the rear-facing toe extending through the sole of the shoe. Fortunately the cultural options are anatomically appropriate.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think i found the problem i was having .

When pressing the right stick and you can move the mouse around .if you press the back button to make the cursor disappear and then press it again it resets to where you left the cursor last which in my case was dead center on the screen or wherever i left the cursor at making aoe 's appear everywhere except where i was expecting them .

Simply placing the cursor between my character and the top of the screen fixed my issue and fields now appear where i want them.

Just have to remind myself to not press the right stick during combat .
This means a major feature of the script is not working for you. You shouldn't have to manually place the cursor in that spot, it should just be there. If you're on Windows 8, I'm not sure how to resolve it :( If you're on 7, disabling User Account Control and rebooting may fix it. Let me know if you need to know how to do that.

edit: But yeah, clicking the right stick isn't really useful anymore. For any mouse manipulation really you'll want to hold down the Back button instead then release when done.

spiritfox

There have been many complaints about clipping and aesthetics of Charr gear, but I just had my own Can't Unsee moment for Charr wardrobe malfunctions. Almost all of the medium boot skins have the rear-facing toe extending through the sole of the shoe. Fortunately the cultural options are anatomically appropriate.

Wait till you see the Asura shoes.

Vyrance

Yerp, i really love that about the game, how its "do whatever you want breh, it's cool" "endgame" structure is really just a lobby filled with activities to run solo/with your bros, and gear/rng wont hold you back.

Also grats to Brax! Your bindings freak me out, man. Running a two button mouse?

I only use two buttons on my mouse as well ;)

Thorgal

This means a major feature of the script is not working for you. You shouldn't have to manually place the cursor in that spot, it should just be there. If you're on Windows 8, I'm not sure how to resolve it :( If you're on 7, disabling User Account Control and rebooting may fix it. Let me know if you need to know how to do that.

I am using win 7
And if it can fix the issue i am willing to try disabling user account control.
Tell me how .

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Instructions! You want to drag it all the way to "Never Notify." Make sure to reboot afterward.

Easiest way to test it would be, once you get in game, hold the back button, move the right stick to move the cursor around, then let go of the back button. Press and hold it again and move the cursor and it should be starting out from the same spot on your screen as the first time, rather than wherever you "left it."

Goldrush

Speaking of Xpadder .

When playing a class that uses aoe for most of it attacks (necromancer) with a controller it is difficult to place those fields with a controller .
With a mouse you would just select the skill .place the field where you want it and execute .
With a controller i lose that ability to quickly place fields where i want them and just using the attack most of them appear right at my feet or on the opposite side where i want them .

The major problem is that without using a controller i truly suck at the game .
In fact , i would argue that i am incapable to play any game competently while using a M/K:p
I would love some sort of solution for this if possible .

Unless Necro works a bit different, this is what I'm doing for my grenade engineer. Hold back and put the cursor maybe a quarter body length above your character. That way when you move the camera forward and backward, your AOE field actually move with the camera and covers the whole range (from in front to out of range) pretty quickly. You can't shoot at an angle, but turning to face the direction you want the field to be is also pretty quick. Pretty much works like throwing a grenade in a FPS. Got pretty good at predicting where the field will be that I don't even need the AOE field to tell me where it would hit. Turned on the option to automatically activate the AOE skill when releasing the button so it's raining grenades for me.

Instructions! You want to drag it all the way to "Never Notify." Make sure to reboot afterward.

Easiest way to test it would be, once you get in game, hold the back button, move the right stick to move the cursor around, then let go of the back button. Press and hold it again and move the cursor and it should be starting out from the same spot on your screen as the first time, rather than wherever you "left it."

I guess mine might not be working correctly as well, but the method above wouldn't work if the cursor reset. If the cursor is centered and, therefore, too close to the player, the AOE field won't cover the whole range when moving the camera. :p

Moondrop

Banned
Wait till you see the Asura shoes.
Almost as bad, but I would argue there are a greater number of non-cultural skins for which it appears they took into account the Asuran spread toes. My ele uses the magician's shoes, I believe.

But if I interpret your point anatomically instead of quantitatively, Charr win without contest. You can cut a hole in the side of shoes for Asuran toes to stick out and I can use it on my character just fine. But a toe sticking through the sole of the shoe is so nonsensical (and so visible on my white Charr) it's unplayable for me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That way when you move the camera forward and backward, your AOE field actually move with the camera and covers the whole range (from in front to out of range) pretty quickly. You can't shoot at an angle, but turning to face the direction you want the field to be is also pretty quick. Pretty much works like throwing a grenade in a FPS. Got pretty good at predicting where the field will be that I don't even need the AOE field to tell me where it would hit.
This is how it should work natively, without having to position the cursor. It's like you have a "crosshair" that represents the center of the AOE skill.
Turned on the option to automatically activate the AOE skill when releasing the button so it's raining grenades for me.
I haven't switched that on, but many using the solution have and it works quite well, I might play with it one day.
I guess mine might not be working correctly as well, but the method above wouldn't work if the cursor reset. Being too close to the body and the AOE field won't cover the whole range when move moving the camera. :p
Yeah, it sounds like it's not functioning right :(

The reset position is such that it is ideal for aiming. Here's a detailed graphic depicting the relative position the cursor is on the screen even while invisible:
jBmWSMmI5dRLh.png

Goldrush

I am happy to report that disabling UAC fixed the mouse issue and the cursor resets itself automatically .

Cool. Have to try that.

This is how it should work natively, without having to position the cursor. It's like you have a "crosshair" that represents the center of the AOE skill.
I haven't switched that on, but many using the solution have and it works quite well, I might play with it one day.

Yeah, it sounds like it's not functioning right :(

The reset position is such that it is ideal for aiming. Here's a detailed graphic depicting the relative position the cursor is on the screen even while invisible:
jBmWSMmI5dRLh.png

Lol. Yep, that's pretty much where I position my cursor all the time.

Did do some weird crap with the non-reset cursor, though. Against some of the melee opponents in the Queen's Gauntlet, I was too lazy to respec to bomb so I just place the cursor on myself and created a "melee grenade," where I could attack close range and still see the entire arena.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
btw, pretty offtopic i go myself here: is there a place were we can post demos or games/stufflikethat that we made here in neogaf? i made something small and wanted to get some feedback, so i can fail faster and improve faster.

If it's a game you made that you're talking about, post it in the Indie Dev thread and you can get some feedback there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491431

edit: Didn't read this page. Double link powa!!

This is on par with the Mona Lisa,
and also exactly how GW2 looks on my laptop...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Offseason Event #4.43 - GAF Boss Blitz - Wednesday 6/4 at 9:00PM EDT

Time for GAF to run the table in the Crown Pavilion! I feel Gold in the air tonight!

We'll split the guild up and tackle every boss at the same time while keeping each other updated on the status of the fight. Feel free to read up on the bosses a little bit beforehand if you like (though it's not required to participate). Please do come on Mumble for instructions and tips even if you don't have a mic!

• Officers that can attend (and anyone else that wishes to help organize), let's find our map and start putting the strategy together at 8:30PM.
  • If you've got a commander tag, bring the character that has it to the Pavilion
  • The key to making the even as easy as possible is whittling the bosses down to kill them at about the same time. The longer that any boss is alive after any others die, longer the total event goes by a considerable amount. Be ready to back off damage if you hear calls for it in Mumble or map chat!
  • Instructions will be in Mumble and map chat rather than guild chat. We want not just to succeed on our own but do our best to guide any random players present to success as well and help them improve for future encounters.
  • Please do not feel pressured to attend if you do not enjoy the Boss Blitz event or are interested primarily in the associated rewards. We don't know how many people we'll have to work with or how the rest of the map will do at first. The community has adapted to be able to hit silver even without full coordination, which is awesome... but as in all content of this nature, it's about herding cats- our first couple attempts may be frustrating!
  • General strategy: those with tags will post up at each slice of the "pie" corresponding to each boss and we'll shuffle people around to have around the ideal number at each. Kuraii, Boom-Boom and Sparcus benefit from having the fewest. Frequently call out boss percentages in map chat and adjust your DPS to keep things as equal as possible.
    -Boom-Boom should always be the first to die. Only high DPS or condition damage builds should fight her, and prioritize the turret!
    -For Shurakk, have a few people dedicated to grabbing and tossing birdseed away from the boss to distract his swarms.
    -Best people to have on Pyroxis are those with high sustain, healing, HP/invuln. Mesmers and guards with reflect can hurt him from safety as well. He has undodgeable fire blade attacks (
    imagine that
    ) that will cut through squishies like butter.
Hope to see you there!

Thorgal

Offseason Event #4.43 - GAF Boss Blitz - Wednesday 6/4 at 9:00PM EDT

Time for GAF to run the table in the Crown Pavilion! I feel Gold in the air tonight!

We'll split the guild up and tackle every boss at the same time while keeping each other updated on the status of the fight. Feel free to read up on the bosses a little bit beforehand if you like (though it's not required to participate). Please do come on Mumble for instructions and tips even if you don't have a mic!

• Officers that can attend (and anyone else that wishes to help organize), let's find our map and start putting the strategy together at 8:30PM.
  • If you've got a commander tag, bring the character that has it to the Pavilion
  • The key to making the even as easy as possible is whittling the bosses down to kill them at about the same time. The longer that any boss is alive after any others die, longer the total event goes by a considerable amount. Be ready to back off damage if you hear calls for it in Mumble or map chat!
  • Instructions will be in Mumble and map chat rather than guild chat. We want not just to succeed on our own but do our best to guide any random players present to success as well and help them improve for future encounters.
  • Please do not feel pressured to attend if you do not enjoy the Boss Blitz event or are interested primarily in the associated rewards. We don't know how many people we'll have to work with or how the rest of the map will do at first. The community has adapted to be able to hit silver even without full coordination, which is awesome... but as in all content of this nature, it's about herding cats- our first couple attempts may be frustrating!
  • General strategy: those with tags will post up at each slice of the "pie" corresponding to each boss and we'll shuffle people around to have around the ideal number at each. Kuraii, Boom-Boom and Sparcus benefit from having the fewest. Frequently call out boss percentages in map chat and adjust your DPS to keep things as equal as possible.
    -Boom-Boom should always be the first to die. Only high DPS or condition damage builds should fight her, and prioritize the turret!
    -For Shurakk, have a few people dedicated to grabbing and tossing birdseed away from the boss to distract his swarms.
    -Best people to have on Pyroxis are those with high sustain, healing, HP/invuln. He has undodgeable fire blade attacks (
    imagine that
    ) that will cut through squishies like butter.
Hope to see you there!

Is there a chance we can also do this in the weekend ?

3o clock in the morning is a bit too much on a working day :p

Can do pyroxis with mostly mesmers and guards sitting at the special lava-spout free stone, popping reflects and pew pewing.

If we can spare about two-three of each (and then wahtever pugs we get), should be pie. Good use of mesmers and guardians without dps gear, to boot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I didn't realize there was a safe zone, I added a note about mesmers and guardians. somebody who knows what stone that is should command for pyro

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'll be there for the Blitz tonight.

I can help organize and strategize as well. No commander tag here though unfortunately.

FYI, regarding Pyroxis, here is a visual of the location discussed.
Green circle is the rock that is safe to stand on, red circle is the location that Pyro will usually sit. Reflects can easily cover the entire group then and make Pyro a piece of cake.

kHo7dH2.png

CrimsonN0

I'll be there for the Blitz tonight.

I can help organize and strategize as well. No commander tag here though unfortunately.

FYI, regarding Pyroxis, here is a visual of the location discussed.
Green circle is the rock that is safe to stand on, red circle is the location that Pyro will usually sit. Reflects can easily cover the entire group then and make Pyro a piece of cake.
I'm pretty sure some lava spots do hit you, around there, don't they? They just die fast due to the reflects.
The main point to that spot is that if everyone stays on it - Pyroxis remains stationary instead of moving around which allows reflect walls to be super useful and you remain just out of range of mobs being drawn to the group.
However, if somone falls from that spot and tries to run back(without dying and wping) then Pyroxis and the mobs will follow that person into the middle of the group

I'm pretty sure some lava spots do hit you, around there, don't they? They just die fast due to the reflects.
The main point to that spot is that if everyone stays on it - Pyroxis remains stationary instead of moving around which allows reflect walls to be super useful and you remain just out of range of mobs being drawn to the group.
However, if somone falls from that spot and tries to run back(without dying and wping) then Pyroxis and the mobs will follow that person into the middle of the group

Haven't seen that happen. I was under the impression that there is no path to that stone that doesn't break z-axis., given that it's at a different level from the stone directly behind it.

You can also get there aggroing only those tiny destroyers that are regular mobs. They count to the destroyer destroyer cheevo, tho.

And grats, ash!

BraXzy

You can do it!! Then you can beat Liadri for me.

You need to do it for yourself! You can do it, you just gotta try.. you managed Doobrush yesterday did you not? Keep going!

TFV2XQh.png

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Niceee! It's such a satisfying feeling to finally beat her isn't it! Everyone who hasn't yet done it should all get into the same gauntlet and have everyone cheer them on till everyone's succeeded.

CrimsonN0

Haven't seen that happen. I was under the impression that there is no path to that stone that doesn't break z-axis., given that it's at a different level from the stone directly behind it.

You can also get there aggroing only those tiny destroyers that are regular mobs. They count to the destroyer destroyer cheevo, tho.

And grats, ash!
I guess its more like some people fell off the stone we were all on and tried to run back.
Pyroxis followed and people that didn't know the strategy followed Pyroxis and tons of us died since we ended up all over the place.

Mxrz

Disappointing to see even reddit whine about boss health in regards to a FGS fix. Why the hell do people want stuff to remain brain dead easy? Why would you invest significant time into something like that.

9 years ago, stuff moved out of AoEs unless snared/stunned first. Now they'll just stand in lavafonts. Yeah, people wined back then for a week or two too. But it made for a more compelling game later on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I actually love that. Guessing it's heavy armor tho

Ah man I'm porbably gonna be playing softball when it's time for Lump's necro mob on Friday :(

Retro

We'll get to the bottom of this!

Disappointing to see even reddit whine about boss health in regards to a FGS fix. Why the hell do people want stuff to remain brain dead easy? Why would you invest significant time into something like that.

see even reddit whine about boss health. Why the hell do people want stuff to remain brain dead

reddit whine about boss health. people want stuff to remain brain dead

reddit people brain dead

Mystery solved!

Proven

Almost as bad, but I would argue there are a greater number of non-cultural skins for which it appears they took into account the Asuran spread toes. My ele uses the magician's shoes, I believe.

But if I interpret your point anatomically instead of quantitatively, Charr win without contest. You can cut a hole in the side of shoes for Asuran toes to stick out and I can use it on my character just fine. But a toe sticking through the sole of the shoe is so nonsensical (and so visible on my white Charr) it's unplayable for me.

It's because of how crappy the clipping is on Charr that I don't care about new armor sets. They're not going to give out more PvE grind sets if they don't even have the resources to make their gem store armor sets look good on all of the races. Not to mention all of the armor sets already in PvE that are horrible to use.

Retro

Jessica Boettiger said:
We have identified the issue and are working on a solution to distribute the proper tournament chests to all who should have earned them. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

Thank you.

(source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom