• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

FYI, Nuuvem has this for the equivalent of around $12 right now. Does anyone know if the bonuses are provided on external sites, or only on Steam?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
seriously it's actually disgusting how much infinitely better this game looks vs. any other fighting game on the market, including sf5 and other stuff that's not released yet

Holy shit you can read Sol's textures.

I am SCREAMING.

Dizzy-4U

A few more screenshots just because...

GeDoSato at 3840x2160 (Can't go any higher, my 580s can't handle it).

guiltygearxrd2015-12-anu3e.png
guiltygearxrd2015-12-jcu52.png

guiltygearxrd2015-12-iyk2k.png
guiltygearxrd2015-12-eeze4.png

guiltygearxrd2015-12-4ar7r.png
guiltygearxrd2015-12-f2u7l.png

guiltygearxrd2015-12-i0jhb.png
guiltygearxrd2015-12-ocys5.png

guiltygearxrd2015-12-lrs37.png
guiltygearxrd2015-12-ffs52.png

PS: Sorry for the bandwidth killer. Won't do it again.

klaushm

FYI, Nuuvem has this for the equivalent of around $12 right now. Does anyone know if the bonuses are provided on external sites, or only on Steam?

On Steam it's almost at the same price. These are both prices for Brazil.

Steam: R$ 44,79 ~ $ 11.77
Nuuvem: R$ 43,99 ~ $ 11.56

Nezzhil

I'm having SO much fun playing this game.
Too bad that I'm really clumsy, hahahaha

I played a lot the Guilty Gear X, but I skipped the XX's saga. About the story, events and the world of GG, I'm really lost. I only remind that some people or monsters have or are Gears, but anything more. Any site or videos to know what it's happening?

Dinjoralo

I'm willing to bet there'll be a patch that fixes the resolution lock and unfiltered UI sprites. This is way too big of a release for ASW to just push out and abandon.

danmaku

Downloading right now (5 hours wait... *sigh*).

Holy shit, these screenshots look absurdly good. That's how I imagined future games when I was a kid.

Finally get to play this game! Love the way it looks, think its the first non-2D fighting game where I really dig the graphics. I also have a ton of nostalgia from playing a ton of Guilty Gear XX back on the PS2 when it came out, happy seein these characters again.

Skilletor

Trying to play this on my surface book, so when I try to play this full screen, it puts it at 3000 x 2000...and I get an average fps of like 15fps, lol. How do I do full screen at a lower resolution?

Renkax

I'm having SO much fun playing this game.
Too bad that I'm really clumsy, hahahaha

I played a lot the Guilty Gear X, but I skipped the XX's saga. About the story, events and the world of GG, I'm really lost. I only remind that some people or monsters have or are Gears, but anything more. Any site or videos to know what it's happening?

There's a feature on the extra tab on the game that tells you what's going on in the world of GG. Can't remember exactly where because I am not near the game at the moment :c sorry

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Game won't launch for me. Incredibly frustrating 00x00 solething error. Followed all the instructions I could find online, no dice.

K.Sabot

At least you aren't playing I-No in any other game but XRD lol.

Her most important move was a half-circle back > forward + a button and you had to know the exact frame timings to False Roman Cancel it to get any sort of real combo going.

Also the game allotted you absolutely no time to confirm when you roman canceled. When you started a combo with I-No you just had to go really fast and hoped you did everything right. She destroyed my hands in AC.

Dizzy-4U

At least you aren't playing I-No in any other game but XRD lol.

Her most important move was a half-circle back > forward + a button and you had to know the exact frame timings to False Roman Cancel it to get any sort of real combo going.

Also the game allotted you absolutely no time to confirm when you roman canceled. When you started a combo with I-No you just had to go really fast and hoped you did everything right. She destroyed my hands in AC.
Used to play I-No a little bit in #R back in the day. I was able to pull off all Baiken's frc 100% of the time but my execution with I-No was always terrible.

It was a nice surprise to see that they simplified the motion for Chemical Love.

jmga

I'm not able to downsample from 4K.

I have already tried three things:

- NVIDIA DSR 4K + Desktop Res to 4K + Game ini res to 4K and set to read only
- GeDoSaTo forceDownsamplingRes = true + Game ini res to 4K and set to read only
- GeDoSaTo forceDownsamplingRes = true and override 720p + Game res set to 720p and Alt+Enter during game

All I get is 1080p.

I'm reading on the mechanics of this game.

There's no way Jump Installs weren't originally a bug or something in a previous entry, that shit is so convoluted for nothing lol. Why even have the double jump/airdash jump cancel restriction if you can bypass it with jump installs.

You can but it's a little complicated.

You have to set:
forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes true
overrideWidth 1280
overrideHeight 720

Then in game change the resolution to 1280x720, confirm, after the game changes to window mode press alt+enter. it should downsample to the lowest renderResolution in your gedosato setting (default is 3200x1800@60) if you want to downsample to 4k or beyond, you have to disable the lowest resolution in the setting. (just type # in front of the resolution)

Maybe somebody else can find a way to make this a little simpler using different settings,
Where is this ini file located? Which one is it?

tariniel

How's the netcode/online play? Laggy?

Anyone know if my Madcatz TE Round 2 stick will work on it? The thing is probably 5 years old by now and the SFV beta didn't work with it.

I guess I could always try and refund if it's laggy or the stick doesn't work. What a time to be alive.

With Revelator around the corner, don't think I'll bother with this. Kind of wish they'd just release the latest version on PC the same time as the console version. PC's always 1 or 2 versions behind and it's annoying as fuck. Have a feeling the PC will get Revelator a loooong time after the PS4.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I played some matches from the UK with someone on the east coast with about 4 frame delay; seemed as good as it's going to get.

I'm reading on the mechanics of this game.

There's no way Jump Installs weren't originally a bug or something in a previous entry, that shit is so convoluted for nothing lol. Why even have the double jump/airdash jump cancel restriction if you can bypass it with jump installs.

Presumably because they regarded raw super jump/airdash -> double jump as being a bit too cheap/defensive. JI just allows for cooler combos whilst not screwing around with the neutral game.

I'm getting a GTX 970 through the post tomorrow. How high can I crank downsampling with it? Any ideas?

blackadde

that's not so bad. just try it slow. it'll become muscle memory really quickly.

the only thing i found difficult with i-no was midscreen jumpcancel HS -> immediate airdash into string into FFVCL, or the midscreen FDC to crossup junk, especially if you have burst stocked.

learning to do 66956 for hoverdash -> airdash was kind of a pain at first too, but it's pretty useful. you get like four overheads in a row if you want.

Top Bottom