• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

Actually, do we even have an estimate on an European and American release on Revelator? At £18 I'm tempted to actually buy this if the release gap for Revelator is significant...

K.Sabot

I don't like how all the characters have random bits of cursive on them... That can probably be modded out, right?

It would take an artistic and technically herculean effort to mod models in this game.

Actually, do we even have an estimate on an European and American release on Revelator? At £18 I'm tempted to actually buy this if the release gap for Revelator is significant...

Spring 2016

and Revelator is basically the same game with no real character or balance changes outside of new characters/systems, so you practice characters now without losing much transitioning to Revelator.

Don't fall into The ArcSys Cycle!

Durante

This looks really impressive.

376300_2015-12-11_00033kf3.jpg

Slygmous

Wow, I really suck at this game.
I actually resorted to button mashing against Sol on Beginner difficulty (playing as I-No at the moment).

Hard to be upset about losing when everything looks so pretty though.

Dinjoralo

It would take an artistic and technically herculean effort to mod models in this game.
I mean, all the textures are just flat-colored boxes. It wouldn't be too hard to just airbrush most of the text off, unless every single palette is its own texture.

TheRed

I'm not even good at fighting games but still have fun in them. This game has been on my radar since it first came out just because it looks so good, I'm very tempted to get this just to satisfy the graphics whore in me now that I can play it on PC in at least 4k res.

K.Sabot

I mean, all the textures are just flat-colored boxes. It wouldn't be too hard to just airbrush most of the text off, unless every single palette is its own texture.

Not sure how the data is stored, honestly. If they pull the texture from a single source, I can see that being somewhat easy to mod out.

I look forward to custom colors if they can.

Spring 2016

and Revelator is basically the same game with no real character or balance changes outside of new characters/systems, so you practice characters now without losing much transitioning to Revelator.

Don't fall into The ArcSys Cycle!

Nice to hear about a lack of character reshuffling between games. I recall Blazblue having an issue with move reshuffling, drastic character changes, and a bunch of other annoying shit. I only really got the latest version of Blazblue because I got it for 1 pence in a price error online!

A few questions for those who own the game on PC though before I whip out my debit card:

1. How's the port. Good resolution support, 60fps or above, etc. All the usual stuff.
2. Saw the PS4 version going for dirt cheap at a local shop. Is the PC version the only one getting those DLC characters for free with purchase of the game? If so, might be worth getting it for PC then!

K.Sabot

Nice to hear about a lack of character reshuffling between games. I recall Blazblue having an issue with move reshuffling, drastic character changes, and a bunch of other annoying shit. I only really got the latest version of Blazblue because I got it for 1 pence in a price error online!

A few questions for those who own the game on PC though before I whip out my debit card:

1. How's the port. Good resolution support, 60fps or above, etc. All the usual stuff.
2. Saw the PS4 version going for dirt cheap at a local shop. Is the PC version the only one getting those DLC characters for free with purchase of the game? If so, might be worth getting it for PC then!

1. Port is great so far, it runs well on my meager setup and the netcode seems fine. Only issue I'm having so far is that the game crashes when I try and type anything into the chat, and apparently only me and one other person have this problem.
2. PC is the only one with free DLC characters. You'd probably end up spending a lot more on DLC and Playstation Plus alone if you got it on PS4. 2 DLC characters that are $8 each if I remember, and you're missing all the colors and announcer packs so yeah it's a big value at the price.

Is there a way to minimize the text box during story mode? also during one cutscene in story mode i could tell elphelt's left eye pupil was superimposed over her eye/eyelids. :s

someone forgot to put it on a lower layer....

K.Sabot

Is there a way to minimize the text box during story mode? also during one cutscene in story mode i could tell elphelt's left eye pupil was superimposed over her eye/eyelids. :s

someone forgot to put it on a lower layer....

It's like when I got an HD television and HD receiver for the first time, I started to notice how bad everyone's skin was. The high resolution curse.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Glad to finally see this come to PC. I already have it on PS3 so I'll be skipping this round, but I'll be waiting on the PC version for Relevator. I hope it releases alongside the console version now that we're "caught up". :)

How do I get this into full screen? Hitting alt+enter just crashes it :(
Same, even if I try the in-game setting. Apparently it's a bug?

On another note, trying to learn elphelt since it seems nice, but usually when I find a character that I like I find out that they're hard to master.

NotLiquid

you don't love "Fight Fire with Fire." on sol's jacket/gloves??

edit:
with some heavier sharpening + downsampling the quality becomes fucking riiiiiidiculous holy shit

This looks gorgeous. Wow.

I'll probably double dip on this in spite of Revelator being on the way since my PS3 copy of Sign is an import one and it'd be a hassle to get DLC.

Shame that I can only play this game at 60fps on my machine with post processing off. But it still runs fine, which is more than I though it would do.

Moaradin

any way to turn off the in-game AA? It just lets you change which one you want but not disable it completely. I feel like I don't need it since this game runs really well downsampled from 4K lol

mdsfx

So the only thing keeping me from buying this is the new version coming out and they never seen to allow an upgrade, making you buy a whole new game.

I really want it, but not if it'll be obsolete in 3 months.

Purdy

Same, even if I try the in-game setting. Apparently it's a bug?

On another note, trying to learn elphelt since it seems nice, but usually when I find a character that I like I find out that they're hard to master.

Couldn't even find the in game setting.

Refuse to play without full screen :(

Seyavesh

How are you applying sharpening? With SweetFX?

the post processing in gedosato, haha
i just cranked the value quite a bit- it's at 2.35 for lumasharpen and that's it

edit:
I tried to see if I could downsample from 4k to 1080p and then this happened. 3200x1800 is fine but I have no idea what goes wrong with 3840x2160.

EDIT: Now 3200x1800 looks the same???
turn off anisotropic filtering in gedosato

Top Bottom