• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
How do I downsample it

Been asked and asnwered a lot of times in the last few pages.

But you need GeDoSaTo
and then do this stuff in the settings
You can but it's a little complicated.

You have to set:
forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes true
overrideWidth 1280
overrideHeight 720

Then in game change the resolution to 1280x720, confirm, after the game changes to window mode press alt+enter. it should downsample to the lowest renderResolution in your gedosato setting (default is 3200x1800@60) if you want to downsample to 4k or beyond, you have to disable the lowest resolution in the setting. (just type # in front of the resolution)

Maybe somebody else can find a way to make this a little simpler using different settings, but this works for me.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=639

Trickster

Anyone else that can't find any multiplayer matches? Like, I can set all the settings to any, and get no players found...

Seyavesh

does sweetfx work for this?
yeah, it does- gedosato wasn't capturing it and it wasn't capturing the full size screen so i ended up not using it since i was only really using the contrast and sharpen functions (which are in gedosato's built in postprocessing thing)

Downsampling mostly, I think.
correct

bpCb.jpg
cpCb.jpg

dpCb.jpg
epCb.jpg

yeah, it does- gedosato wasn't capturing it and it wasn't capturing the full size screen so i ended up not using it since i was only really using the contrast and sharpen functions (which are in gedosato's built in postprocessing thing)

correct

Downsampling is working fine here, but how to work the postprocessing options?

Demise

Downsampling mostly, I think.

Ok, I think we should precise it each time those gorgeous screenshots are shared. Neogaf is read a lot, and it would be pretty sad if every person reading the thread would think the game will look like this just by running it on modest configuration.

Downsampling is very demanding, even on games like guilty gear.

jett

D-Member
Just did the tutorial.

2RMOh.jpg

I hadn't played Guilty Gear game since the Dreamcast days, but even then I never really took the time to learn. Street Fighter fundamentals seem utterly useless in this game, I played arcade mode for a bit with Sol and I felt like a dirty, unwashed button masher LOL.

Gonna have to get gud.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
PC players finally understanding the greatness of GGXRD

Its a beautiful sight. This game is without a doubt the best looking fighting game on the market bar none. Hell, and its a lower spec arcade game originally, that can even run on PS3.

You could confuse it for a native current gen title. Art style and technical talent combined make amazing things.

jett

D-Member
This is what it looks downsampled from 3200x1800. I think the game's in-game AA is contributing to a less than stellar image.

screenshot_2015-12-1083phm.png

BTW jesuschrist the HUD is absolutely hideous. How could ArcSys not remake it for 1080p when they made the PS4 port? At least slap SOMETHING on it good lord.

edit: actually it does look better on PS4. :/

Alright GAF, I'm in due to 4K and GGXX Reload nostalgia. Online seems to work fine, had some matches with 1 frame delay. Then I had some with horrible delay, but that's probably just due to regular bad ping due to distance.

Anony

i have gedosato running in the bg
not sure if it's doing anything for xrd

anyone have further instructions? or good settings they're using

Dinjoralo

Yeeeep. Lappy can barely run smoothly in the menus. Not much to expect for a not-gaming machine.
And apparently, ASW has confirmed there will be a patch to replace the UI with the right resolution, but I don't have a good source on that. There's also a memory leak issue? I'm sure they'll fix that too.

Momentary

Banned
Yeeeep. Lappy can barely run smoothly in the menus. Not much to expect for a not-gaming machine.
And apparently, ASW has confirmed there will be a patch to replace the UI with the right resolution, but I don't have a good source on that. There's also a memory leak issue? I'm sure they'll fix that too.

I can't even be mad at the UI right now because everything else is so good, but it would be awesome if they fixed that soon.

Mohasus

About the fullscreen resolution, it is the same as your DESKTOP resolution, not the native one.
So if you want 720p fullscreen because your computer sucks and your monitor is 1080p, you can simply change your desktop resolution.

Why am I talking about this? Maybe it works to downsample without Gedosato.

Anony

Did you add it to the whitelist?

k, now i think i got it working
I'm getting the same red line aliasing that someone posted in this thread before though
also, AA still looks like ass, what settings are people using to get it so smooth

Seyavesh

Wow, I didn't even know the buttons on her hat had text!

yeah apparently some guy's been making notes of that kinda stuff for awhile. though idk how the hell he could make out those details in ps3/4 resolution. almost everyone in the game has text on all their shit- venom has text on the crotch of his pants that reads "lasting elegance" or something like that

Gear Project said:
The only information we have so far on Ramlethal’s Swords is the barcode:

1212110002-45-5-11-5 RATTLE Since whenever (and a currently unknown Kanji-like symbol)

There’s also a quote on her sword: “Right Here is Where I’m Left”

Ramlethal also wears pauldrons and a cloak that have specific quotes:

Just West of Wherever Here I Reign
Far East of Elsewhere There You Remain
Here in the Middle of Nowhere I Shall be Slain

Her Lucifero familiars also have labels:

White: What is Right When all that’s Left is Wrong
Black: What is Left When you Lose all your Rights
Black+White (During her Overdrives): No Rights are Left for y

p.s. you could not convince me these were 3d if i did not already know myself

TheRed

So just got the game, trying to use Ds4, anyone know why in the menu and training mode the icons keep changing back and forth between keyboard and controller prompts? It's pretty annoying.

Momentary

Banned
So just got the game, trying to use Ds4, anyone know why in the menu and training mode the icons keep changing back and forth between keyboard and controller prompts? It's pretty annoying.

I wish you could lock it to one only. It is annoying. Especially when doing the training modes.

It's intentional, Arcsys didn't want to change the typography to add both keyboard and controller prompts so they just did switching. It's like that for Blazblue too.

You can change the prompts in training mode to the attack prompts though.

I wish you could lock it to one only. It is annoying. Especially when doing the training modes.
Arcsys probably did that for the local players who used both a pad and keyboard.

But they still should've made space to add both.

Chindogg

Anyone else getting an issue after about a half hour the game slows everything on the computer down? The game runs slow, the music's slow and choppy. Hell I played my playlist off Winamp while the game was running and it slowed my music down.

What's going on here?

Anony

i changed the
ResX=3840
ResY=2160
in the basesystemsettings.ini file

does nothing, how are people downsampling?

K.Sabot

Anyone else getting an issue after about a half hour the game slows everything on the computer down? The game runs slow, the music's slow and choppy. Hell I played my playlist off Winamp while the game was running and it slowed my music down.

What's going on here?

Try unplugging your USB controller and plugging it back in.

Memory leak it seems.

Seyavesh

What's going on here?

some weird shit involving controller stuff. unplug/replug your controller. if you've got dual mod or an xbox stick, use it instead (maybe?)

efb here's ram eating a burger

Top Bottom