• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

I see.

Well, I might play that thing one time. Maybe. I took a look at the chronology and holy shit I'm overwhelmed. Can't be said that some thought has gone into this franchise's plot, that's for sure. I have beaten arcade mode with Sol, I don't even understand what happened. Thought he was going after a bounty...And suddenly end of the world shenanigans.

Yeah, the story of GG is pretty crazy and hard to follow. Especially since only a few of the games are canon (I think it's GG1 > GG2 Overture > Xrd. Don't quote me on it.) Still, it's not as hard to follow as Blazblue's story.

Yeah, the story of GG is pretty crazy and hard to follow. Especially since only a few of the games are canon (I think it's GG1 > GG2 Overture > Xrd. Don't quote me on it.) Still, it's not as hard to follow as Blazblue's story.
X and XX are canon too. Just not the story mode from AC.

Double edit. We actually don't even know if AC is noncanon.

FinKL

Crap, can't even boot the game, and it's listed as a bug. At least I know they are working on it.

・Unable to boot the game under specific configurations
We have confirmed reports on users being unable to boot up the game, and we are troubleshooting for the cause.

Puruzi

Banned
Can we ask for matches in here? I'm pretty bad, but it's fun and I wanna keep playing

Can't find anyone on ranked :/

X and XX are canon too. Just not the story mode from AC.

Double edit. We actually don't even know if AC is noncanon.

Ah, okay. Good to know.
Can we ask for matches in here? I'm pretty bad, but it's fun and I wanna keep playing

Can't find anyone on ranked :/

Definitely. I suggest you join the Xrd Steam group. You can find the link at the bottom of the OP. I would play with you now, but I got finals to study for.

Momentary

Banned
Anyone experience weird framerate jitter throughout the entire game? The framerate counter shows 60, but it's doing the same thing that Battle Fantasia did when it was first released. It toock them months to fix that. I hope it doesn't take months to fix this.

Edit: I set my monitor down to 60hz and it fixed everything. Crazy.

Any general tips to improve FPS? I can run MGSV and Witcher 3 no problem, the SFV beta was buttery smooth but this game chugs on the default settings at fullscreen. I mean sub 20 FPS chugs.

Win 10
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860M
8 gigs of ram

Game is basically unplayable right now.

Any general tips to improve FPS? I can run MGSV and Witcher 3 no problem, the SFV beta was buttery smooth but this game chugs on the default settings at fullscreen. I mean sub 20 FPS chugs.

Win 10
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860M
8 gigs of ram

Game is basically unplayable right now.
Switch to the dedicated graphics card (using Optimus or the Nvidia control panel).

K.Sabot

20k is very good considering its console sales a year ago

and absolutely 0 advertisement / time to get hype going into launch on PC.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Get crashes on start up with gedosato enabled unfortunately but glad to have this on my PC!
EDIT: Got it to work. :) Game looks great downsampled!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
...no, no its not. Piracy is getting ahold of software that you do not OWN or circumventing a paywall to get DLC you didn' t pay for.

That's what he's talking about. Putting Revelator's characters in -Sign- PC is piracy.

Dinjoralo

Oh, figured he was just talking about those model swaps people do in USF4PC all the time, not actual full blown characters and their movelists in tact

Speaking of, I can't wait for people to try and modelswap Xrd's characters, since all of them have crazy skeletons to make their hair and clothes work.

AllenShrz

My god, I really cant understand the timing with the simplest of combos on this game.

Arcade, PS4, PC, controller or stick I just fucking cant. Im about to throw the towel again with this game.

And thats coming from someone who plays takken on the arcade and console and can do EWGF.

Momentary

Banned
My god, I really cant understand the timing with the simplest of combos on this game.

Arcade, PS4, PC, controller or stick I just fucking cant. Im about to throw the towel again with this game.

And thats coming from someone who plays takken on the arcade and console and can do EWGF.

Don't give up man. I'm in the same boat. I put in a few hours on Sol and Ram in practice mode and doing their tutorials just to get a basic understanding of their movesets. Then I went to arcade and sucked and then online and sucked. I'm not giving up though. It sucks, because I used to actually be decent at this game, but the last time I was serious about GG was back when I play 3s too. That was a decade ago.

Good lord I'm getting old as dirt.

TheSeks

Mission mode is pretty shitty here compared to XX's. I get they're trying to use it to get people to learn the game, but sitting here trying to nail these perfectly for S-ranks is kinda stupid. I'm not even sure there's anything to unlock doing S-ranks, but showing those medals is just "why?"

Durante

Not saying that's how you say it but a lot of people when they say "it looks cool but I'm garbage at fighting games" seem to think you're either good or terrible the moment you pick the controller, and if you're bad "it's just not for me". This is such a huge pet peeve of mine. No one starts good at fighting games, we all start as pure garbage. The guys you see on youtube haave thousands of hour racked up in this genre. What I'm trying to say is don't give up because you think you weren't made for this genre, you will improve with time and practice, this genre is like learning an instrument.
Oh, I totally see that.

I just don't have the time to learn the game as well as its mechanics deserve, and that's a shame. I still appreciate its depth though.

demidar

Spam Volcanic Viper.

Winning isn't about beating the opponent, it's about throwing out as many flashy moves as possible :V

K.Sabot

itt being good at fighting games

Po0iY2E.png

Decado

With the online and memory leak issues I can't decide whether to bite. Really enjoyed gg on the ps2. Not into fighters as much now but would like one to play online.

A little worried revelator coming out so soon and the current lobby issues will crush the online player base of this game. PC gamers aren't always kind toward a rocky release.

demidar

Tried playing online but I couldn't connect to anyone. It's a problem that the devs know about and are trying to fix.

BasilZero

Played my copy yesterday.

Had no issues at all with anything and the FPS is solid 60 the whole time except for the cutscenes like the ending where its 30 FPS.

playing this game in 4k can be such an enormous hassle. GeDoSaTo doesn't work at all for me. I set everything up the way you guys say to and the game just doesn't boot at all with GeDoSaTo active. Activating it once the game is on and then changing res does nothing at all.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Mission mode is pretty shitty here compared to XX's. I get they're trying to use it to get people to learn the game, but sitting here trying to nail these perfectly for S-ranks is kinda stupid. I'm not even sure there's anything to unlock doing S-ranks, but showing those medals is just "why?"

All they do is unlock a dumb achievement as far as I know- they're only fluff otherwise.

All I remember from the Reload ones (though it's been more than a decade) was they were just single player stuff useless in an actual match- haven't finished Xrds but they seem night and day better.

At this moment there is currently 1600 people playing, but due to some online issues not everyone can play. They are currently working on a fix.
Feels weird to see a world where SNK handled this better than ASW. PC Betas seem to be a really good thing for fighters as SNK, Lab Zero and Capcom have demonstrated.

Momentary

Banned
Feels weird to see a world where SNK handled this better than ASW. PC Betas seem to be a really good thing for fighters as SNK, Lab Zero and Capcom have demonstrated.

Man. I wish I was from that world that you come from. GGXrd, BBCSE, and Arcana Heart netcodes only get beat out by Skullgirls for me. Capcom isn't bad at all either.

Only thing wrong with GGXrd are the wonky lobbies and the issue with rank matches, but once a match start it's buttery smooth as loong as you're not playing someone on the opposite side of the world. I'm in the South eastern US and playing Rookie from Canada and we have a 2F delay at most. Awesome.

TheSeks

All they do is unlock a dumb achievement as far as I know- they're only fluff otherwise.

All I remember from the Reload ones (though it's been more than a decade) was they were just single player stuff useless in an actual match- haven't finished Xrds but they seem night and day better.

XX's was: Here's specific requirements to play a match. Finish the match while doing nothing but Overdrives while your health is lowering for a mission.

XXX's is: Do these things 5+ times perfectly. OH AND WE'RE GOING TO MAKE YOU HOP BACKWARDS BEFORE DOING THESE TO THROW YOU OFF! *trollface*

Top Bottom