• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

Well the thing is, I'm not finding very many rooms if any. Every search besides like 1-2 has been "no rooms found." Ranked or unranked, any mode.

I just wanted to try M.O.M. player matches out to see what it is. :/

I just googled it out of curiosity. Apparently M.O.M. player matches are just lobbies where you can use characters you've leveled in that mode. Maybe the reason there aren't any is because no one has really done that yet? I dunno. I tried M.O.M. once and entirely forgot about it afterwards.

Naite

Well the thing is, I'm not finding very many rooms if any. Every search besides like 1-2 has been "no rooms found." Ranked or unranked, any mode.

I just wanted to try M.O.M. player matches out to see what it is. :/

It takes the items you collected and equipped from the M.O.M. single player mode into online matches. Balance is thrown out the window and turns pretty gimmicky. A fully leveled character would have multiple lifebars, insane stats, and multiple meterless supers than run on cooldown. You're not missing anything besides an achievement.

I'm playing on a DS4 and Circle is confirm and X is cancel. Is there anyway to switch it so X is confirm and Circle is cancel?

You can use DS4Windows to map it to xinput but I really hope they patch the game so it matches the xbox controls by default.

Young Magus

Yo my machine is running this ok but the fights are in around 35fps.

I think its the anti aliasing thats calsing the problems, how do I force it off?

Keby

Game runs like a dream on my machine at 1080.
It's been wonderful to get back into GG after so many years. I quit after AC.

So ranked matches seem really unpopulated. After searching multiple times the most I ever found were 3 rooms.

So ranked matches seem really unpopulated. After searching multiple times the most I ever found were 3 rooms.

They died fairly quickly on PS3 too. Most people tend to stay in player matches or lobbies in ArcSys games.

wwm0nkey

There are some connection issues, its being worked on for the first patch

They died fairly quickly on PS3 too. Most people tend to stay in player matches or lobbies in ArcSys games.

Yeah. P4A managed to keep their ranking mode going. But the new lobby system in Ultimax and Xrd kinda gutted the mode. Players just do player matches now. Way more convenient if you just want to get into some fights, but kind of hurts the competitive nature.

Yeah. P4A managed to keep their ranking mode going. But the new lobby system in Ultimax and Xrd kinda gutted the mode. Players just do player matches now. Way more convenient if you just want to get into some fights, but kind of hurts the competitive nature.

It doesn't bother me in Ultimax or BBCPEX since they have the color ranks to still give you a metric to base your ability on. All Xrd has are those weird arrows that indicate if someone is better than you or vice versa, which doesn't have nearly the same appeal imo.

It doesn't bother me in Ultimax or BBCPEX since they have the color ranks to still give you a metric to base your ability on. All Xrd has are those weird arrows that indicate if someone is better than you or vice versa, which doesn't have nearly the same appeal imo.

Xrd's online stucture in general is stangely lacking compared to Ultimax. I thought so at launch, and this late in I really find it weird. Though to be honest, both games would be immensely benefited by a large increase in players.

K.Sabot

According to the OP the story mode is console exclusive...?

It was introduced in the console version and is in the PC version. The OP is just an edited version of the console version's OT, so I missed it. Don't really know why it was said to be console exclusive in the first place lol, I guess compared to the arcade.

Also the original OT was pre-Leo Whitefang so he didn't even exist in the character list, we just changed a trailer thread into an OT because we had no real place to discuss the game since it was released on such short notice.

Xrd's online stucture in general is stangely lacking compared to Ultimax. I thought so at launch, and this late in I really find it weird. Though to be honest, both games would be immensely benefited by a large increase in players.

Well, they were technically made by two different teams at ArcSys. Xrd was made by Team Red, while BB and P4A are by Team Blue I believe. At any rate Team Red could've taken more cues from their coworkers when it comes to online.

petran79

Banned
game runs at full 60 fps on laptop (i5 2540m, nvidia gt555m, 4 gb ram).
Have to set gfx to processing mode and aa to option 1 and turn off vsync.
Tried running it on intel hd 3000 igpu as well but it was very slow.

PS4 GPU slightly better than nvidia gt555m and much better than intel 3000 confirmed!

The memory leak is quite annoying, but the optimization is great otherwise. I hope they're able to get the patch out soon, because I'd love the online to be active at least until Revelator is announced. I really feel like they should have done some public and/or closed beta tests to get these issues ironed out before release, as most of these bugs were reproduced and reported by tons of people on release night. Less people on wireless connections means that the online will be better on PC by default. I also hope they throw us a bone and give us an upgrade path to Revelator, if nothing else. Xrd on PC is a big deal, and I hope they don't intend to put four different versions of it on Steam like they've done with Blazblue.

Uzzy

4k? Try 7680x4320 instead. Here's the album, and I'd say 56k warning but I don't think that's enough of a warning. These pics are huge.

23589687192_decc59c50b_o.png

Durante

I just read a review on Steam which describes my experience so far perfectly:
Fire up the game, oggle all the cool character models, do the tutorial, and then realize you're garbage at fighting games.

I regret nothing though, beautiful game.

patapuf

As someone that felt that way yesterday, and is usually only casually into fighting games (but really likes them anyway), it does get a bit easier once you've put a bit of time into it.

Difference is that instead of just glancing at the move list you need to put the hour into the training mode to get the basics. Whereas other fighting games are more pick up and play.

But there's quite a few beginner lobbies now, where the fights last long enough to have fun. :p

I wish they had the original/instrumental soundtrack available. It's a bummer how it's only available in the limited physical edition. Has there been any word on if they'll release it digitally?

arit

I wish they had the original/instrumental soundtrack available. It's a bummer how it's only available in the limited physical edition. Has there been any word on if they'll release it digitally?

<your steam root dir>\SteamApps\common\GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-\GUILTY GEAR VOCAL COLLECTION Soundtrack\

At least that was the one which was included in the japanese first print.

petran79

Banned
Now that the game uses UE4 I wonder if it is feasible to extract Revelator characters from PS4 or Arcade version and make a PC mod. Unless they port Revelator too in the future.

Similar thing happened to SSF4:AE when prior to USF4 we had seen characters and stages from SFxTekken added through mods to SF4

wwm0nkey

Now that the game uses UE4 I wonder if it is feasible to extract Revelator characters from PS4 or Arcade version and make a PC mod. Unless they port Revelator too in the future.

Similar thing happened to SSF4:AE when prior to USF4 we had seen characters and stages from SFxTekken added through mods to SF4

We will probably get Revelator. They are all caught up now and PC sales are looking good

Azure J

I thought Xrd was UE3?

First it's UE3 and second that's piracy.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Are all the challenge rooms' stuff like bread and butter combos and the like? Because I'm starting to hit a wall around the late 20s with Ephelt and Chipp, let alone the later ones.

Are all the challenge rooms' stuff like bread and butter combos and the like? Because I'm starting to hit a wall around the late 20s with Ephelt and Chipp, let alone the later ones.

The challenge combos are generally not optimal and are better used to practice your execution. If you want to some good combos for a character I suggest you check dustloop.

Not saying that's how you say it but a lot of people when they say "it looks cool but I'm garbage at fighting games" seem to think you're either good or terrible the moment you pick the controller, and if you're bad "it's just not for me". This is such a huge pet peeve of mine. No one starts good at fighting games, we all start as pure garbage. The guys you see on youtube haave thousands of hour racked up in this genre. What I'm trying to say is don't give up because you think you weren't made for this genre, you will improve with time and practice, this genre is like learning an instrument.

FinKL

Went ahead and bought this. Game looks even more amazing and PC and I'm glad I supported them. Hopefully this holds me over until SFV. I have it for PS4 but haven't played it as much as I should.

jett

D-Member
What's the deal with this game's story. What is it even going here.

And is story mode literally storytelling time with no interaction at all? ArcSys sure have some kooky people.

Guilty Gear is just super complex, much more technical than any other fighter, barring ArcSys's other fighters. I feel like I have to spend hours on this thing just figuring how to play before actually feeling like I know what the hell I'm doing.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I can't seem to downsample this. VSR doesn't seem to work. It goes to 'Fullscreen' after hitting 1920 x1080 in the options menu. Any tips?

Akiller

Not saying that's how you say it but a lot of people when they say "it looks cool but I'm garbage at fighting games" seem to think you're either good or terrible the moment you pick the controller, and if you're bad "it's just not for me". This is such a huge pet peeve of mine. No one starts good at fighting games, we all start as pure garbage. The guys you see on youtube haave thousands of hour racked up in this genre. What I'm trying to say is don't give up because you think you weren't made for this genre, you will improve with time and practice, this genre is like learning an instrument.

Yeah, i'm kinda in the same situation but only because i've never found the chance to spend a good amount of time to learn them, though i'm sure i'll like this game once it'll click me. As you said it is like learning an instrument or a sport.

wwm0nkey

And is story mode literally storytelling time with no interaction at all? ArcSys sure have some kooky people.
You pretty much need to read the timeline that they have when you pause the story mode to get a grasp on what's going on. I personally liked my 3 hour anime without BS boss fights and random excuses to get into a fight

The story mode is basically just a 5 hour long movie. It follows the events of the Arcade mode so be sure to play through that first.

jett

D-Member
You pretty much need to read the timeline that they have when you pause the story mode to get a grasp on what's going on. I personally liked my 3 hour anime without BS boss fights and random excuses to get into a fight

The story mode is basically just a 5 hour long movie. It follows the events of the Arcade mode so be sure to play through that first.

I see.

Well, I might play that thing one time. Maybe. I took a look at the chronology and holy shit I'm overwhelmed. Can't be said that some thought has gone into this franchise's plot, that's for sure. I have beaten arcade mode with Sol, I don't even understand what happened. Thought he was going after a bounty...And suddenly end of the world shenanigans.

Well, just had my first crash due to the memory leak in the middle of a match. That's was fun.

Yeah, the story mode was pretty nonsensical as someone who didn't read into the lore aside from visiting a wiki a few times. I mostly just skipped through so I could grab Sin without spending Guilty Bucks.

Top Bottom