• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Wow kum is freaking amazing, sadly I don't have the execution for her. She has to be one of the hardest fighting game characters I've seen in a long time

I haven't gone through all her advanced stuff so far but the only thing I ran into so far that is real awkward is comboing into a charge dp+k then hold back (I am only about half way through advanced combos though). Is there any advance stuff you know with her that she needs to know to be optimal? She seems have to have a nice and straightforward ok with the controllable fireball, which you can set up off sweeps. I don't know if I would main her since I love Johnny and Jam but she is definitely catching my interest.

I would love to play with some of you guys but I probably can't until after the weekend. My TV seems to be acting funky and after playing around with it, its board might be going out, since it changes channels randomly, buttons on it don't work, and menus keep popping up by themselves (I even try to cover the sensors to see if it was some interference). So I bought a new tv and I am just going through single player stuff till this gets sorted out, since I can pause when shit goes wrong.

FYI, you get $20,000 for finishing an entire character's tutorial series.

Edit: Going through Kum's moveset. ROFL @ Aerial Falcon Dive being controllable. Such a good troll move.

Edit: You're right, Q. It took me 5 tries to get Kum's second basic combo down lol.

What tier is Leo considered? Also what are his strengths and weaknesses?

I'be been considering mining him after watching tons of Tomo footage.

Every time I make a room, only PlatinumMilk joins. :(

Kum's missions are easier than the character is, haha.

What tier is Leo considered? Also what are his strengths and weaknesses?

I'be been considering mining him after watching tons of Tomo footage.
Everyone is either A or S tier in this game. It's extremely well balanced. You don't have to worry about who you pick. Except maybe the new guys, who are still getting figured out.

Fandangox

GUILTY GEAR ROOM IS UP!

Search gvsb

You play Guilty Gear? Dude, add me up! Let me guess, you play Sol?

It was a joke on your 100% and I play the other GG games, but but I have no ps3 atm, don't have a ps4, and my PC can't run it :[

I mained Johnny since X, so if he plays the same or close enough to the previous entry I would main him too.

It was a joke on your 100% and I play the other GG games, but but I have no ps3 atm, don't have a ps4, and my PC can't run it :[

I mained Johnny since X, so if he plays the same or close enough to the previous entry I would main him too.
All the characters in Sign are mostly based off of their XX#R versions.

Did I miss anybody who wants invite into the Gaf community on PSN?
Me please. Blackatt66

JayEH

So not all of the characters in episode mode have story content? I just beat Jam's and was surprised there was nothing there.

Naite

So not all of the characters in episode mode have story content? I just beat Jam's and was surprised there was nothing there.

Jam came after the initial arcade release so she never got one. Just her and the dlc characters don't have one.

Man, PlatinumMilk and I must have played 100 matches since release, and no one else ever joins the room! Stop being lame, GAF!

K cool.

Sayad

when you set it to one thing but the game decides it wants to do something else, that's variable.

the "new twist" is shit
It's definitely shit, I just thought "variable" is overselling it. ;p
Make me think of something like Left 4 Dead's system!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm definitely picking this up soon. Thinking of learning Zato since Slayer slayer seems like he's ...not great.

Slaythe

Reviews and feedback have been great so far.

You can really tell we're in a post SFV disaster world.

I think it would be smart for Arksys to adopt a new system and provide updates.

A third final game will come, but they should actually wait 2 years before making that.

In the meanwhile they should just balance REV and add some characters. They implied they could do that with more DLC characters. BAIKEN pls

KiteGr

Now the 70 euro question.

DOES IT HAVE A CLASSIC ELPHELT SKINN?

She and Leo never reache EU shores so I'll be really mad if they dont at least include her old skinn.

Slaythe

Now the 70 euro question.

DOES IT HAVE A CLASSIC ELPHELT SKINN?

She and Leo never reache EU shores so I'll be really mad if they dont at least include her old skinn.

No. And good riddance, awful loli pink suit. She looks better now.

Did they change some of the Overdrive camera angles? I thought I saw some new camera work during those moves.

Also, can't really spot any differences between Elphelt old and new...It's just the colour that's different, isn't it?

And if it is different, why did they only change Elphelt?

Slaythe

Did they change some of the Overdrive camera angles? I thought I saw some new camera work during those moves.

No.

Also, can't really spot any differences between Elphelt old and new...It's just the colour that's different, isn't it?

No.
foBaWis.gif

9TBI3Hi.gif

And if it is different, why did they only change Elphelt?

Story.

KiteGr

No. And good riddance, awful loli pink suit. She looks better now.
That's your opinion...
...and your opinion is wrong. You have any right to have it, but sadly it's wrong!

Elphelt whole design was based around her being to much of a lovefreak to fit in with the rest of the cast. If they make dark/goth as well, the franchise already has about a dozen other characters with that color palette, plus it no longers maches her character.

Regardless her's and Leo's absence on the EU Sign version is sue-worthy material as her presence is and being advertised everywhere in that game.
I ported Sign from the US since it took them 10 months to release it in Europe, and because I couln't get them from the American version, I bought the game again when it finally got released in here, even if it is in a digital-only format that I Despise.

Arc Owns me money, and with their ridiculous european delays, overpriced Dlc characters and being the only company that region lock their games, I'm beginning to form a vendeta against them similar to the one I have with EA.

No.

No.

Story.

Oh right, the collar, you can see her legs now and she has the Potemkin X things on her dress now. I like the old design better, I think. The collar is too much.

Also: how is the new design less Loli than the other one? :S (disregarding colour schemes)

Edit: didn't see your gif comparison edit. Thanks for that!

Slaythe

That's your opinion...
...and your opinion is wrong. You have any right to have it, but sadly it's wrong!

Elphelt whole design was based around her being to much of a lovefreak to fit in with the rest of the cast. If they make dark/goth as well, the franchise already has about a dozen other characters with that color palette, plus it no longers maches her character.

Blah blah blah, at the end of the day, it's pointless to argue, that awful design from sign is GONE.
So I guess my opinion is wrong, but my senses are spared in Revelator. Enjoy being right.

Regardless her's and Leo's absence on the EU Sign version is sue-worthy material as her presence is and being advertised everywhere in that game.
I ported Sign from the US since it took them 10 months to release it in Europe, and because I couln't get them from the american version, I bought the game again when it finally got released in europe, even if it is in a digital-only format that I Despise.

Arc Owns me money

1) You can buy PSN credit cards on websites, or use paypal to buy american DLC, usable on your EU account.
2) Get informed, if you had the game already you could have waited for feedback. There is no way buying a game is cheaper than buying psn cards ? (assuming you couldn't paypal it)

I'm european. I had the DLC and I didn't buy the EU version. Region Free heh.

and with their ridiculous european delays

3 days after NA for REV.

overpriced Dlc characters

Be smart and most of them are FREE...

and being the only company that region lock their games

Hey remember that whole about being wrong ? You sure are a master.
They did not region lock any of their games.

ATLUS made them region lock the first Persona 4 arena. Never happened again and that was out of Ark's control.

I'm beginning to form a vendeta against them similar to the one I have with EA.

With your thoughts process, I'm surprised you don't have a vendetta against more companies.

1) You can buy PSN credit cards on websites, or use paypal to buy american DLC, usable on your EU account.
2) Get informed, if you had the game already you could have waited for feedback. There is no way buying a game is cheaper than buying psn cards ? (assuming you couldn't paypal it)

3 days after NA for REV.
There's a new EU publisher for Revelator. What happened with Sign is not relevant for Revelator and vice versa, but that doesn't make it right what happened with Sign. There was no way to 'inform yourself' that they'd never release the character DLC for Europe or release the new patch.

What happened with Sign was disgusting and that's not KiteGr's fault for going with the PAL version (buying it twice was silly though, because you can buy US DLC easily).

However, it's a fresh start for Revelator so here's hoping it will be better from now on!

Edit: Also, on Elphelt's design: you're fully entitled to hate Sign's design and like Rev's design, but....they're not that different, are they? I can't really see how your problem with Sign's design would be fully remedied by these minor changes...

I love the concept of "literal waifu". So while you can argue that her design is very dumb and fan servicey or whatever, I personally think it worked great for what they were going for.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with at least getting an option to play the original Elphelt. Kind of like what their doing with Noel in BlazBlue (you want her with the hat, or not?).

Slaythe

There's a new EU publisher for Revelator. What happened with Sign is not relevant for Revelator and vice versa, but that doesn't make it right what happened with Sign. There was no way to 'inform yourself' that they'd never release the character DLC for Europe or release the new patch.

What happened with Sign was disgusting and that's not KiteGr's fault for going with the PAL version (buying it twice was silly though, because you can buy US DLC easily).

Why would you buy a full priced game that is released 8 months later when you already have the game ?
I'm EU too. It wasn't hard to see the scam, ESPECIALLY if you had the game. Remember Us Sign was discounted at 20 bucks too long before EU release at full price. And no mention of Free DLC on the EU version was fishy.

I never said the Sign situation was acceptable, but in his particular case, he did not think it through.

However, it's a fresh start for Revelator so here's hoping it will be better from now on!

It's already better than any game Ark has made in the past 5 years, in regards to EU situation, but he is not acknowledging that at all.

Edit: Also, on Elphelt's design: you're fully entitled to hate Sign's design and like Rev's design, but....they're not that different, are they? I can't really see how your problem with Sign's design would be fully remedied by these minor changes...

Nobody said anything about a "full remedy".
I still don't like it, but at least it doesn't take me out of the game whenever I fight her any longer.

Those minor changes actually make it a more practical design for battles and also is more in tone with the rest of the game's aesthetics.

I'm not gonna complain about them doing that given I didn't expect any costume change in the first place.

KiteGr

Blah blah blah, at the end of the day, it's pointless to argue, that awful design from sign is GONE.
So I guess my opinion is wrong, but my senses are spared in Revelator. Enjoy being right.

I'm european. I had the DLC and I didn't buy the EU version. Region Free heh.

3 days after NA for REV.

Be smart and most of them are FREE...

Hey remember that whole about being wrong ? You sure are a master.
They did not region lock any of their games.

ATLUS made them region lock the first Persona 4 arena. Never happened again and that was out of Ark's control.

With your thoughts process, I'm surprised you don't have a vendetta against more companies.
The part about you being wrong is in prefering the new Elphelt over the old one.
The rest is my personal pain.

I'm with them since their late ps2 Guilty Gear games and nearly all of them got released only after THEIR SEQUELS WHERE ANNOUNCED and just a few months before THEIR SEQUELS WHERE BEING RELEASED IN THE REST OF THE WORLD. They have a grand tradition of late releases here so don't point at the exception.
Speaking of exceptions, I have to admit i didn't know the region locking was outside their control. I chose the PS3 instead of the X360 precisely because of the lack of region coding (thanks to Namco's even more fucked release scedule of their Rpgs in Europe), and that thing was kind of a betrayal.

Releasing a recent game as they should have for once can't make me forget about the 2 generations of crap I got from them, and that's what I call a vendeta.
I have my honor sir.

The part about you being wrong is in prefering the new Elphelt over the old one.
The rest is my personal pain.

I'm with them since their late ps2 Guilty Gear games and nearly all of them got released only after THEIR SEQUELS WHERE ANNOUNCED and just a few months before THEIR SEQUELS WHERE BEING RELEASED IN THE REST OF THE WORLD. They have a grand tradition of late releases here so don't point at the exception.
Speaking of exceptions, I have to admit i didn't know the region locking was outside their control. I chose the PS3 instead of the X360 precisely because of the lack of region coding (thanks to Namco's even more fucked release scedule of their Rpgs in Europe), and that thing was kind of a betrayal.

Releasing a recent game as they should have for once can't make me forget about the 2 generations of crap I got from them, and that's what I call a vendeta.
I have my honor sir.

Yeah, I don't agree with Slaythe's opinion on you being burned on EU Sign somehow being your own fault.

The EU Sign release was a travesty.

Not everyone has the opportunity or insight to be able to buy from the US PS Store or to import. You shouldn't have to be able to 'see the scam' coming. There was no legit reason to assume it would turn out that way; plenty of games have had delays between JP/US release and EU.

Hell, even Persona 5 is still up in the air for EU as we speak.

Anyway, PQube is here to save the day, we hope. Let's see how they handle Rev's DLC when it releases tomorrow.

They're still being very vague/inconsistent on Kum's release.

Top Bottom