• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Kysen

I can't pull off Millia's far 5S -> emerald rain, this combo has stumped me in both games. Nothing I do makes the special attack come out.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
X4X5xHHh.jpg

put me out of my misery

Essay

I can't pull off Millia's far 5S -> emerald rain, this combo has stumped me in both games. Nothing I do makes the special attack come out.

Yeah, I finished every trial back in -SIGN- 1.0, and this was one of the hardest for me. Try repositioning and doing the combo from the P2 side, just in case you're like me and find 236236 easier to the left.

I wasn't able to pick up the game this weekend because all the Best Buy's in Miami are sold out somehow. Had to order it online, won't get here till Wednesday.

Oh welll

Kysen

Yeah, I finished every trial back in -SIGN- 1.0, and this was one of the hardest for me. Try repositioning and doing the combo from the P2 side, just in case you're like me and find 236236 easier to the left.

Yep, definitely better from the other side. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Played this for a good while today. I feel like I'm starting to understand the systems a lot better now, starting from being a total fighting game newbie.
Sol, Ky, Sin, Slayer, and Jack O' all feel good right now but I'd love to learn Jam just because I think she's fun. :p

Caim

Had my first Dramatic Finale and won.

I didn't even know that was a thing.

I had a lot of good matches today and I'm gonna upload some replays later.

Naite

Getting matched with mostly japanese players tonight who challenge me and then cancel out. Really fucking annoying.

The ones I have fought have been no worse than 7 frames too.

Nuszka

Coming from SF5 to this feels genuinely like a generational leap , so much stuff to do , trials combo challenges, cool tutorial, story and don't even get me started on the online section. Lobby system is amazing the way it works, so handy and adorable at the same time. Hope the game is not gonna be dead in a view months. Game is totally worth the asking price and i got the previous one day one as well.

Hutchie

Kum price in uk is £5.79! Arc are having a laugh (as per usual). As much as people bash sfv i wont have to pay for colours or characters.

Kum price in uk is £5.79! Arc are having a laugh (as per usual). As much as people bash sfv i wont have to pay for colours or characters.

Yeah, i don't like it either but the game is £30. SF5 sure wasn't.

As to colours, Revelator does it much better than SF5. 17 colours unlockable with no fuss, while in SF5 there's the hell of going through seriously unfun survival mode for every character and every costume.

I don't think Revelator is perfect at all, but let's be fair here.

Eolz

It still is pretty expensive for a character when you compare it to other games.
DOA5 F2P is 4£ per character if I remember well for example.

Hutchie

Yeah, i don't like it either but the game is £30. SF5 sure wasn't.

As to colours, Revelator does it much better than SF5. 17 colours unlockable with no fuss, while in SF5 there's the hell of going through seriously unfun survival mode for every character and every costume.

I don't think Revelator is perfect at all, but let's be fair here.

Sfv was £35 (excluding cashback) for me preordered, so not much difference. Its not perfect but given arc's mess up with xrd and its general releases in the region they could have given us a little back esp when kum is free in the us for a week. £5.79 is way too high. Eclipse colours are store exclusive arent they???

It still is pretty expensive for a character when you compare it to other games.
DOA5 F2P is 4£ per character if I remember well for example.

It is! I was hoping for 4-5 euro/3-4£ or the first month free like elsewhere. Would have been fair imo. Definitely not looking forward to spending another 7 euro for Dizzy later on, but i want to play her so... =/

Just don't think SF5 is a great comparison, that game seems intent to offer as little as possible for full price. I'd rather compare to KoF or something, which has 50 characters and launches at slightly under full price. Has a story mode and stuff too. Makes other games look bad.

While i'm making comparisons... Blazblue has better lobbies and matchmaking than Revelator. Why? Why make it worse in this game?

Sfv was £35 (excluding cashback) for me preordered, so not much difference.

Huh, that's cheap. Revelator was e45 and SF5 was e58 for me.

Hutchie

Not to keep banging on about sfv, but they did say content was coming and there is alot more in there currently. Even if u dont want to grind for characters they are cheaper than kum price.

As for revelator will finish arcade modes n story then off to challenges

Ps always check cheap gaffer europe for price advice

Manac0r

Funny how things work out.. Was eagerly waiting SFV (even got a TE2+ stick in preparation) and I have put more time this weekend into Revelator than expected. I m not bashing SFV as I love the game and mechanics but with GG:R there is so much to do, I been grinding M.O.M and training in the dojo, plus as I am new to the series, catching up on all the lore.

There really is a rush when playing GG and the rhythm just clicks - very happy with my purchase!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Funny how things work out.. Was eagerly waiting SFV (even got a TE2+ stick in preparation) and I have put more time this weekend into Revelator than expected. I m not bashing SFV as I love the game and mechanics but with GG:R there is so much to do, I been grinding M.O.M and training in the dojo, plus as I am new to the series, catching up on all the lore.

There really is a rush when playing GG and the rhythm just clicks - very happy with my purchase!
GG definitely feels less half assed

Top Bottom