• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

miku

Free GGXrdR EU PSN code if you follow and RT

Official Guilty Gear EU:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GuiltyGearEU/status/741266516344229889

HEY YOU! In celebration of the release of #GGXrdR, we're giving away a PSN code for the game! RT and follow!

PQube PR twitter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/NateHawke/status/741265926197288964

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is out TODAY! I'm giving away a PSN code for the game! RT and follow to win <3!

(&#3665;&#707;&#821;&#7447;&#706;&#821;)&#1608;

KRaZyAmmo

I'm seriously considering getting a stick. This game is making me wanna get better not just in this game but fighting games in general. I can't make precise movements with the pad.

Akibared

Kum Haehyun is super fun!

I'm seriously considering getting a stick. This game is making me wanna get better not just in this game but fighting games in general. I can't make precise movements with the pad.

I feel you on that Sign is why I rushed to get a PS4 stick you're lucky you have the option of getting a PS3 stick with this.

Have you tried blocking this? The cross up happen so fast, seems like the defending character will still be under cross up protection when the fireball hit, ie, looks like it could be blocked by holding either directions!

(._. )
I haven't even fought a Kum player. :p

Do it!

yes, the characters excluding the new ones of course, are basically the same, no changes were made.

Keep in mind that it's very likely in the steam summer sale in some weeks btw!
But yeah, good training for Revelator until it's on PC (it will).

Do it, just to enjoy the music. Online is pretty much dead.

I can't wait to play as Jam again (it's coming in on Saturday). WHOA-HO!

Thank you all. I'll keep an eye out on the sale too!

Eolz

So the next story arc will be completely new, am I the only one or were they hinting at I-No getting a bigger role next time(from both story mode and her arcade ending), probably more on the villainous side. She's like the only character we haven't seen her in action in both SIGN and Rev. :(

Despite what Miku is implying, I also like I-No and wonder what Revelator is implying for her. They could easily go in several directions with her
since she could basically reset a lot of stuff
, probably "evil for the greater good" or something like that...
I'm glad with how they presented her in Sign and Revelator, but yeah, she also deserved a lot more. It's weird.

Air combos aren't that hard though. Transitioning from Ground/Air or Air/Ground is hard because there is no buffer for attacks I think? But in the air everything can just be chained into everything else, it shouldn't really be that hard at all. Except for a like a few air characters with trickier air combos like Slayer with mutli hit normals and ones that knock people back into the air, or with I-No with loops and special cancels.

Well ok, Jump Install is probably a bit hard and requires practice, that's why I still didn't bother with it yet.

Unknown?

Finally got this, it's so good and better than sign. I originally wasn't going to get this because I thought it was essentially like a Super Card just an expansion with more characters, that is until I found out it was a full sequel.

Xrd is the best fighting game on PS4, imo. SFV is close, at least in mechanics.

Hubb

Air combos aren't that hard though. Transitioning from Ground/Air or Air/Ground is hard because there is no buffer for attacks I think? But in the air everything can just be chained into everything else, it shouldn't really be that hard at all.

Jump cancel is probably the hardest thing for me in terms of air comboing. 99% of the time I forget that I am even able to do it.

Moraizen

Some news just caught my eye at the Dustloop forums, so I'll share them here:

Initially said by Dustloop user heavymetalmixer:

To which user redsilversnake replied:
14 new lobby avatars will be added; they can be obtained through fishing.

Bugs affecting rematch in player match, fishing, the text in chat, dead angle attack, and how one of Raven's supers behaved against one of Axl's moves will be fixed.

All volume in the PS4 version will be increased; it is recommended to revert to the default settings once the patch is installed.

Important text will be adjusted to be more visible.

The news post announced it for today, but it was just announced on ASW's Twitter account that it's been pushed back to Monday. Furthermore, the patch will only be released for the Japanese version for now, with other regions getting updated later.

Dustloop link: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/10056-xrd-news-gameplay-discussion-2-console-is-out/&page=250

Air combos aren't that hard though. Transitioning from Ground/Air or Air/Ground is hard because there is no buffer for attacks I think? But in the air everything can just be chained into everything else, it shouldn't really be that hard at all. Except for a like a few air characters with trickier air combos like Slayer with mutli hit normals and ones that knock people back into the air, or with I-No with loops and special cancels.

Well ok, Jump Install is probably a bit hard and requires practice, that's why I still didn't bother with it yet.
Yeah, more specifically for me transitioning from ground to air is difficult for me right now.

I had a lot of fun playing Failed to Connect/Initialize REVELATOR tonight.

Wonder if they are going to patch this.

Out of the hour I spent trying to play I managed to get one match, and only one match with that person since it wouldn't let me connect with them again afterwards.
Yeah I am having the same problem trying to play people in my same region. Only could fight 3 people out of 20 attempts.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
offscreen pic of PS3 version in "performance mode"

yyDyoqch.jpg

if you are last gen trash like me or if you just wanna save $10, PS3 version is still really pretty!

ggs milk. I dunno wtf happened to the connection there. When it was good it was good, but it was inconsistent as hell. It was fine when we've played in BB so I'll blame Revelator for now.

That matchup is pretty fun. Jack-O is a neat character. Super momentum heavy though.

wow, that last match, yea ggs man. it's different playing someone that really knows their character lol

roe: search through player matches using the search id, in this case a1oy

and apparently there's a password for mine: boom

done playing for now though

wow, that last match, yea ggs man. it's different playing someone that really knows their character lol

just a heads-up since I caught you with it a lot, May's 6HS (the big-ass overhead swing thing) is air-unblockable unless you barrier. I use it a lot if people are trying to upback out of her pressure.

Yeah, I feel kinda bad since people are trying new characters and I'm just autopiloting combos from last year, lol. I rationalize it as not being bad since I just chain into sweep on the ground or mash air magic series while backed by a beach ball. Once there's some more optimized Raven stuff I'll probably give him a try. Maybe Jam if I feel like being a masochist (though Raven is probably better for that too.)

RoeBear

Okay did I have to go to a specific lobby? Cause I searched for that and never saw it.

just a heads-up since I caught you with it a lot, May's 6HS (the big-ass overhead swing thing) is air-unblockable unless you barrier. I use it a lot if people are trying to upback out of her pressure.

Yeah, I feel kinda bad since people are trying new characters and I'm just autopiloting combos from last year, lol. I rationalize it as not being bad since I just chain into sweep on the ground or mash air magic series while backed by a beach ball. Once there's some more optimized Raven stuff I'll probably give him a try. Maybe Jam if I feel like being a masochist (though Raven is probably better for that too.)

lol, it's all good. playing against the old stuff helps people improve too

Okay did I have to go to a specific lobby? Cause I searched for that and never saw it.

huh, i don't think the lobby matters when you search with a code

ShinMaruku

I-noes is not ebil, she's just old as hell and the old people in GG who never age all have their quirks.
Look at Aria and Fredrick or should I say Sol and Jack-o they are very off a time despite being scientists who became post human

KRaZyAmmo

not that
given that the game supports ps3 stick there's no reason to spend $70 on something without sanwa parts. get a TE or HRAP for ~$100 from someone in your local scene or off eBay or craigslist
I'm so confused because that was the stick that was recommended for me on the Scrubs to Master fighting game thread. Now I don't know which stick to get.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm so confused because that was the stick that was recommended for me on the Scrubs to Master fighting game thread. Now I don't know which stick to get.
the alpha is a low-cost PS4 option but because this game supports PS3 controllers it ends up practically costing as much as much superior sticks while low-cost PS3 sticks such as the hori V3 can be purchased for roughly half the price of the alpha.

there's nothing to be confused about: if you spend some time looking around you can find much better controllers for roughly the same price or equivalent controllers for half that price. you're paying extra for PS4 compatibility but XRD's support makes that moot.

MUCH better stick for slightly more money:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112023866910
no need for mods. beast out of the box.

similar quality stuck for less money:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272253434317

Has anybody made reasonably detailed character breakdowns (in written or video form) for Raven/Kum yet?
Haven't found anything yet. Dustloop is so barren :/

I figured there would be some more discussion or something right now. Probably all hidden in Discord chats now.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
it'd be nice if they patched the jp ver with english text, if only so people in the NA rooms could understand my avatar :p

Top Bottom