• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

miku

Done, time for another one

http://www.strawpoll.me/10445474

Previous poll results:
1. New Elphelt - 60 votes (30%)
2. Old Elphelt - 47 votes (23%)
3. Both - 94 votes (47%)

Forgot to post results:

Do you like Elphelt?

1. She is my waifu - 74 votes (33%)
2. Remove her from the game - 10 votes (4%)
3. Jam is better - 19 votes (8%)
4. I prefer Jack-O' - 47 votes (21%)
5. When's Dizzy? - 77 votes (34%)

227 total votes

Sayad

Forgot to post results:

Do you like Elphelt?

1. She is my waifu - 74 votes (33%)
2. Remove her from the game - 10 votes (4%)
3. Jam is better - 19 votes (8%)
4. I prefer Jack-O' - 47 votes (21%)
5. When's Dizzy? - 77 votes (34%)

227 total votes
I guess those 10 guys are just louder than everyone else, it feels like "delete Elphelt" comes up whenever she get mentioned, lol.

so tell me if i understood..
eu-gaf here: if i pre-order&buy the standard edition for revelator i'll *not* be able to unlock dlc characters (say raven and kum) and I'll have to buy them?
I hope they are 5 eur each tops...

not well played arcsys, really not well played..
0-day character dlc...
smh...

eu-gaf here: if i pre-order&buy the standard edition for revelator i'll *not* be able to unlock dlc characters (say raven and kum) and I'll have to buy them?

0-day character dlc...
smh...

Raven is unlockable with in game credits. Kum was free for PSN preorders, 7 euro otherwise.

Slaythe

0-day character dlc...
smh...

You can't pre order anymore.

Raven is unlockable ingame no matter what. Kum is about 7 bucks I think.

Zomba13

So does this game not have any English dub at all? I really liked the English dub and it made watching the story mode and such much nicer.

I mean, yeah, it's not really a massive deal because it's a fighting game but still a major disappointment and something unexpected because I assumed it'd have an English dub like the last one did. I was looking forward to the story.

Also sucks about the DLC guy only being free for PSN preorders (EU).

Tu101uk

I really don't get the fuss over Dizzy, is it just the ~*mai waifu*~ factor?*

*Baiken is best girl anyway
Aside from the waifu status, Dizzy usually ends up being one of the stronger characters in any game she's in.

I mean, could you imagine her plethora of long ranged projectiles (fish, arrows, bubble, spinny electric thing)... and then YRC :V I'm already having nightmares thinking about it and she ain't even in the game yet.

Anji next please ASW, he was fifth behind the waifus on your poll, you have
Japan and Baiken
in the story you might as well throw him in there, especially with him holding one of the sacred treasures as well as his interest in That Man... :/

Slaythe

Aside from the waifu status, Dizzy usually ends up being one of the stronger characters in any game she's in.

I mean, could you imagine her plethora of long ranged projectiles (fish, arrows, bubble, spinny electric thing)... and then YRC :V I'm already having nightmares thinking about it and she ain't even in the game yet.

Anji next please ASW, he was fifth behind the waifus on your poll, you have
Japan and Baiken
in the story you might as well throw him in there, especially with him holding one of the sacred treasures as well as his interest in That Man... :/

Lol what ?

Why should "he's 5th" be an argument ? What about number 2, Bridget ?

ShinMaruku

She was desgined to be loved by all the fans especially the pervy end which is why she was made looking how she was, but she's also a sly troll because she's 3.

Finally got around to buying Revelator yesterday. I haven't been following GG as much these last couple months because of time contraints and had a few questions. How is Faust in the latest patch? Any big changes that I should be aware of?

Big reason I was looking forward to this game was the return of Johnny since Testament is still nowhere to be seen. I am assuming he is still top tier based on some quick searching but he isn't OP top tier correct? I would feel almost bad using a character that is a cut above the rest when I have a genuine interest in him as opposed to trying to get wins.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Finally got around to buying Revelator yesterday. I haven't been following GG as much these last couple months because of time contraints and had a few questions. How is Faust in the latest patch? Any big changes that I should be aware of?

Big reason I was looking forward to this game was the return of Johnny since Testament is still nowhere to be seen. I am assuming he is still top tier based on some quick searching but he isn't OP top tier correct? I would feel almost bad using a character that is a cut above the rest when I have a genuine interest in him as opposed to trying to get wins.

No balance changes johnny is SS

Tu101uk

Lol what ?

Why should "he's 5th" be an argument ? What about number 2, Bridget ?
lol I meant it as a (half) joke, and apparently according to recent comments from Pachi (one of the people at ASW) they won't be using the poll as a basis for future characters going forward anyways (which is slightly frustrating for fans of anyone not named Dizzy in the top half).

Slaythe

Baiken in story mode is pretty much guaranteed as DLC / or sequel.

The only one really screwed over is Bridget, that got an Xrd redesign, yet never showed up in the story, and arrived 2nd in the poll, to be "ignored" because "we won't follow the poll". Lol .

Since there probably won't be any more dlc characters after dizzy, we'll probably be waiting for everyone the same amount of time

Hopefully they don't do another poll and actually do just follow the results from the last one for at least one of the characters

Baiken in story mode is pretty much guaranteed as DLC / or sequel.

The only one really screwed over is Bridget, that got an Xrd redesign, yet never showed up in the story, and arrived 2nd in the poll, to be "ignored" because "we won't follow the poll". Lol .

Yeah, seems like the next two up are Dizzy and Baiken.

Sigmaah

Someone explain to me, how to combo and how to get out of combos in this game. I did the tutorial. I see that it's P K S H then Roman cancel. What is D used for?

I have my stick setup as
P K S
H - D

Seems good for me but I don't know shit about this game and would like to.

Draga

Haha, holy crap. Just finished chapter 7A of the story and
Ariels
is completely batshit insane! So much ham, I love it.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Someone explain to me, how to combo and how to get out of combos in this game. I did the tutorial. I see that it's P K S H then Roman cancel. What is D used for?

I have my stick setup as
P K S
H - D

Seems good for me but I don't know shit about this game and would like to.
weird layout but if it works for you it works for you.

D is a universal overhead and 2D is a universal low.

Sigmaah

Only reason I have that layout is cause it reminds me of marvel in a sense. Plus I don't know shit about the game so that layout could actually be hurting me. I just don't know where to begin on how to learn this game lmao

Rutger

Banned
Only reason I have that layout is cause it reminds me of marvel in a sense. Plus I don't know shit about the game so that layout could actually be hurting me. I just don't know where to begin on how to learn this game lmao

The traditional arcade layout is
K S H
P _ D
The idea being that chaining normals typically goes P > K > S > H > D. There are plenty of exceptions, but it's true for the most part. I don't think it would really hurt you if you change it up though because you're not going to make any awkward button combos, so go with whatever works.

Start by finding a character you like and then go into training/challenge mode to get a feel for how their moves work, learn what can be canceled into what and so on. The Dustloop wiki is a great resource if you want a really indepth overview system mechanics and a character's attacks, but maybe it will be overwhelming to look at that first?

Don't be afraid to ask about your character here, people will say something if they have an answer.

Since there probably won't be any more dlc characters after dizzy, we'll probably be waiting for everyone the same amount of time

Hopefully they don't do another poll and actually do just follow the results from the last one for at least one of the characters
Looks like they have no intentions of using polls to decide characters past Dizzy anyway. I think Baiken has the most obvious chance and based off of their important roles in the story, Zappa and Robo Ky's chances seem pretty high too.

Without spoilers, why is
Zappa
normal in the story?

I'm just glad love prevailed over hate. :3
<3!

For me, it's a few things:
I really dig her design. I think she's like Mrs. Freud - one wing, the angel, is like her superego. The reaper is her id. Then she has a penis-shaped cutout on her outfit.

Nostalgia. I played her, Testament, and Zato a lot in the earlier games, even though I was just a spammer.

Maybe double air dash?... :-O

Without spoilers, why is
Zappa
normal in the story?

<3!

I really dig her design. I think she's like Mrs. Freud - one wing, the angel, is like her superego. The reaper is her id. Then she has a penis-shaped cutout on her outfit.

Nostalgia. I played her, Testament, and Zato a lot in the earlier games, even though I was just a spammer.

Maybe double air dash?... :-O
It seems like Zappa's haunting isn't a constant problem, he goes through episodes of itand seems to spend a significant amount of time normal before she haunts him again. It doesn't appear he's been cured or anything.

But yeah I agree with you on Dizzy, but I'd like to ad to it by saying I also like her because I'm a bit ofd a perv as well...

Dat double airdash is awesome though.

mrmickfran

I just got it on PS3, only for it to constantly have an error when downloading the patches.

I skip the patches, only for the install to freeze.

I'm never going to be able to start this fucking game.

Moraizen

So how long has Dustloop been a total ghost town? It's kinda bumming me out.

I don't know how things are on the BlazBlue side of Dustloop, but the Guilty Gear one has been a ghost town for quite some time now, which I admit is pretty depressing, since I learned so much from their wikis when Guilty Gear XX #Reload and Accent Core were being played a lot.

I don't know where all of those folks went, but if they are playing Revelator, they certainly aren't posting about it there.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Except for Jack-O, where 2D is her DP, because ???

I have my stick set up like

P - S - D - YRC
K - HS

but you probably shouldnt do that because everyone shouts at me when we switch places and they forget :3

Spuck-uk

Banned

Ah, see, I like the wings but haaaaate the rest of her design. Standard issue pretty girl in revealing outfit because fanservice, eh.

..and yes I know Baiken has her funbags hanging out there, I'm an awful hypocrite, but at least she looks tough!

Sayad

I just got it on PS3, only for it to constantly have an error when downloading the patches.

I skip the patches, only for the install to freeze.

I'm never going to be able to start this fucking game.
try deleting the game and redownloading it.

I don't know where all of those folks went, but if they are playing Revelator, they certainly aren't posting about it there.
They switched to Discord groups, which is a shame when it comes to info preservation, you can find links to those here:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12706-ggxrdr-character-discord-servers/

Top Bottom