• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Azure J

Got the game yesterday and scrubbed it out in solos because once again PS+ is out of my reach. That said, just casually messing around with it reminded me of why I wanted to get good at it from the -Sign- days. Johnny is fucking wonderful but I definitely need to put more time into him. Elph gonna Elph as always.

And because it can't be stated enough, this game is a visual feast holy shit.

Nuszka

Kum price in uk is £5.79! Arc are having a laugh (as per usual). As much as people bash sfv i wont have to pay for colours or characters.

I life in EU and got the game from the US psn, he is free on that store lol. Think its more the publisher issue then developer.

bobohoro

I'm total ass. I mean, I wasn't that good at Blazblue and it's been a few months since my last fighting game, but Guilty Gear still feels so much stricter in terms of execution to me and it's kinda overwhelming.

Still fun, but it will be quite some time before I will get anywhere with anyone I guess.

OVDRobo

Huh? I'm in UK and got it on UK PSN and Kum was free.... maybe pre-order bonus?

If you got it digitally, you get Kum free. Physically and you have to pay. PQube said through twitter that you could unlock him/her in-game if you got it physically, but they were wrong.

I'm total ass. I mean, I wasn't that good at Blazblue and it's been a few months since my last fighting game, but Guilty Gear still feels so much stricter in terms of execution to me and it's kinda overwhelming.

Still fun, but it will be quite some time before I will get anywhere with anyone I guess.

I think blazblue is still harder. The lastest iterations were very complex which pushed me away from the franchise. Central Fiction is even more convoluted.

This is my favorite trophy screenshot that I received for the overload of clutter
Cko1bI_WUAEvT_7.jpg

Essay

Looks like patch 1.02 actually just dropped for me on NA PS4. Guess it's time to start fishing for that Zappa head. :D

Essay

what is the changelog?

From the previous page:

Some news just caught my eye at the Dustloop forums, so I'll share them here:

Initially said by Dustloop user heavymetalmixer:

Patch v1.02 for Revelator, any translation please?
https://twitter.com/ARCSY_Event/stat...571584/photo/1

To which user redsilversnake replied:

14 new lobby avatars will be added; they can be obtained through fishing.

Bugs affecting rematch in player match, fishing, the text in chat, dead angle attack, and how one of Raven's supers behaved against one of Axl's moves will be fixed.

All volume in the PS4 version will be increased; it is recommended to revert to the default settings once the patch is installed.

Important text will be adjusted to be more visible.

The news post announced it for today, but it was just announced on ASW's Twitter account that it's been pushed back to Monday. Furthermore, the patch will only be released for the Japanese version for now, with other regions getting updated later.

Dustloop link: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/10056-xrd-news-gameplay-discussion-2-console-is-out/&page=250

Moraizen

Looks like patch 1.02 actually just dropped for me on NA PS4. Guess it's time to start fishing for that Zappa head. :D

That was unexpectedly quick, I imagined it would take at least a couple of weeks.
I see this as a first test to see how well the new publisher does at keeping Revelator updated for me and my fellow european fighters. Don't let us down PQube!

miku

So they fixed the DA bug in less than a week!! That's really nice, meanwhile, after four months, we're still waiting for Capcom to "discover" a proper way to deal with rage quitters.

It's a service game, game is still early, Capcom is working hard on it, please understand!

Their in-game stats doesn't even work properly, Capcom pls

Naite

I seem to be having a harder time finding ppl in ranked since the patch. Player matches seem fine from what I can tell.

Naite

Having way more success playing Haehyun like Slayer (but with a fireball and dp) than I have been with Slayer in the past few days. I don't know how to handle getting pressured with her though.

Spuck-uk

Banned
For people that are finding the game overwhelming,

Ky
Leo
Faust

are probably the easiest to get your head around while you're learning.

Moraizen

Euro folks, a new patch just went live. It says 1.01, so I don't think it is the same as the US one, unless they somehow combined both in the same patch, which I doubt. Either way, patch notes:
The following features have been added/updated in this patch:
(1) Additional scenarios after clearing STORY mode.
(2) Added a "Sort by Battle Date" to the REPLAY THEATER mode.
(3) Optimized the ONLINE features.
(4) Other miscellaneous fixes and usability tweaks.

Can somebody in the Americas confirm if these were the same patch notes as the US 1.01 patch? The only thing that I find weird is that we were able to play online with other regions before, but that shouldn't be possible if we were v1.00 while the rest of the world was v1.01 already.

bobohoro

I think blazblue is still harder. The lastest iterations were very complex which pushed me away from the franchise. Central Fiction is even more convoluted.

I never got up to Central Fiction, but reading about it I can see where you're coming from. Still, wraping my head around options and stuff comes a bit easier for me, execution and timing is what throws me off more. I usually stuck with Hakumen, kept it to 4-hit combos and tried to play defensively (mind you, all on a total noob level).

For people that are finding the game overwhelming,

Ky
Leo
Faust

are probably the easiest to get your head around while you're learning.

Thanks, will try Leo and Faust today. Ky was the one I felt most comfortable with out of the 5 characters I tried up until now.

miku

Slaythe

The public arcade haven't worked ONCE since release in EU btw, on my side. Kinda shitty.

Ranked matchmaking is also the absolute worst.

Essay

Ranked matchmaking is also the absolute worst.

I noticed some improvement in this last night after the 1.02 patch. Paired consistently in Entry with 2-5f delay people, once every few minutes. This is a step up from launch where no matter what I chose, it would hassle me with overseas 0-bar connections 4 times out of 5.

EDIT: Hmpf, tonight seems worse. E3 press conferences sapping netplay dry :O

Tornix

Mostly personal preference. I found stock Hayabusa to be too loose. So much so that I would get accidental jumps all the time.

Top Bottom