• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Moraizen

try deleting the game and redownloading it.

They switched to Discord groups, which is a shame when it comes to info preservation, you can find links to those here:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12706-ggxrdr-character-discord-servers/

Maybe I'm just an old man screaming at the clouds, but why would anyone think this is a good idea? I just checked it on Discord it is just a mess of random messages and no good way to properly read important topics that were already discussed.

Am I missing something here? Sure, it's faster to interact than a typical forum, but I'm not sure if that advantage is even necessary for this kind of thing.

miku

Nr28wJe.gif

Posting some tier lists:

Tier list by FG (one of the stronger Jack-O' players), no order within tiers

Ck6kfhfWUAA7TLH.jpg

From Dogura few months ago

Strong: Johnny, Elphelt, Sin, Bedman, Zato, Millia, Chipp

Not bad: Characters not above and below

Normal: Potemkin, Venom, Slayer

mrmickfran

try deleting the game and redownloading it.

There isn't anything to delete, it's a disc.

Updates won't install, game won't even start sometimes, and I get an error whenever I try to install the game data. Unbelievable.

So I tried playing it on my brother's slim PS3 (I have a fat) and it works no problem. Apparently, my fat just won't play the game.

Anyone else able to play this on a fat PS3?

Maybe I'm just an old man screaming at the clouds, but why would anyone think this is a good idea? I just checked it on Discord it is just a mess of random messages and no good way to properly read important topics that were already discussed.

Am I missing something here? Sure, it's faster to interact than a typical forum, but I'm not sure if that advantage is even necessary for this kind of thing.

No you're not, it's really stupid. The other big one is Twitter, you just... follow everyone who plays your character I guess(?) and hope that they occasionally post a seven second video of a combo or something and you don't miss it. I knew people used Discord and Twitter for community stuff, but I didn't know everyone decided they would be suitable replacement for an organized and archived forum.

Anbec7

Hey I'm trying to find a song in the game but it doesn't appear as unblockable?
I think is called Sky should be high. Are there songs that simply don't appear at all for our choice :( ?

Moraizen

No you're not, it's really stupid. The other big one is Twitter, you just... follow everyone who plays your character I guess(?) and hope that they occasionally post a seven second video of a combo or something and you don't miss it. I knew people used Discord and Twitter for community stuff, but I didn't know everyone decided they would be suitable replacement for an organized and archived forum.

Good to know I'm not crazy after all haha
Well, from the looks of it GAF is actually a nice place to discuss the game, still it's hard to look at what Dustloop turned into. And the Twitter stuff... Wow, I had no idea about that. It is just as dumb as it sounds.

But I'm done shaking my fist in the air, this is about GG after all. Anyone know if there are any plans for changes to the older characters? I shed a tear everytime I see Potemkin at the bottom of every tier list, I wish they could throw a couple of buffs his way, since I take much enjoyment from burying his giant fist into other people's faces.

Spuck-uk

Banned
People use discord to find the tech that then gets compiled into wikis/docs etc.

Its working out well for me learning Raven at least.

The last time they buffed Potemkin he turned instantly into top tier, and FAB is still ridiculous with him in Xrd, so he's unlikely to get buffed.

Pompadour

Is there any trophy guides for this game? I've gotten about half of the trophies from just playing so I figure I could reasonably Platinum this game if some of the trophy descriptions weren't so cryptic. It also doesn't seem like anyone really bothered to make a guide.

Particularly, I have no idea how to get a "Brand of War" badge.

RoeBear

Wow don't even know where to start. Jack-o covers the entire screen with junk. I'm glad she does low damage. All that stuff stresses me out. Good games Platinum and Rhap.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs! And Jack-O's pretty scary to deal with, and a pretty hard learning curve on fighting her. Definitely stuff I expect to get changed for her in the future lol

Eolz

After some problems with my order, finally been able to play this week!
Registered on the gaf matchup list, still using I-No as my main, but having a lot of fun with Jack-O and Raven! :)

miku

Is there any trophy guides for this game? I've gotten about half of the trophies from just playing so I figure I could reasonably Platinum this game if some of the trophy descriptions weren't so cryptic. It also doesn't seem like anyone really bothered to make a guide.

Particularly, I have no idea how to get a "Brand of War" badge.

I got that badge yesterday, but I have no idea how I got it XD

YRC = Yellow Roman Cancel correct?

Yup

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah, I wouldn't say she does low damage either. Standard BnB might not be Johnny/Sol/Sin/etc, but she does quite a lot. Combos I did might've looked low in comparison to Leo's output, but it added up pretty quickly still.

Azure J

I am really enjoying Revelator with just my casual romps in training mode and a few scrubby matches to go by so far. At the same time, I feel like I need someone with a Ph.D to help me "get" Johnny somewhat. Should also finally properly learn Elphelt since I really do enjoy the game and want to git gud™.

Nr28wJe.gif

Posting some tier lists:

Ck6kfhfWUAA7TLH.jpg

No way May is that low

I know the Jack-O' matchup is bad for her and this is colored by being a Jack-O' players tierlist but that still seems really harsh for her.

Also cool I can post on gaf now :p. First post

I finally got the Lets Rock! edition yesterday, and I've been having a go of some combo trials with Jam, as well as trying the new characters out.

I have a few questions as someone who hasn't really played much outside of Guilty Gear X:

How does Jam's parry work; I don't remember her having one on GGX, and if she did I didn't use it because I had no idea what it did more than likely? Is it like Baiken's stuff where you catch a move with a block and then do the input, or do you actually have to catch it with the 4,6,P animation where she raises her hands?

Secondly, sometimes when I use a dust attack and follow up with a homing jump I can only follow up with one normal before they drop out of the combo. Am I hitting the button too late or too early or what?

Bebpo

Banned
Posting some tier lists:

Ck6kfhfWUAA7TLH.jpg

They really need to buff Slayer or give him some new moves. He used to be one of my faves back in XX era, and in Xrd he was the first one I gave a shot, but he feels so weak now. Haven't tried Rev yet, but it looks like he still lame.

Also is Potemkin like always on the bottom of the tier list? Life's hard for a big slow grappler in a fast paced high agility FG :p

They really need to buff Slayer or give him some new moves. He used to be one of my faves back in XX era, and in Xrd he was the first one I gave a shot, but he feels so weak now. Haven't tried Rev yet, but it looks like he still lame.

Also is Potemkin like always on the bottom of the tier list? Life's hard for a big slow grappler in a fast paced high agility FG :p

In Guilty Gear I think the tiers are always really close. Like everyone on the bottom is still good, they just have more significant faults than the characters at the top.

Like Slayer still does alot of damage, but he has to rely on hard reads using the unique properties of his moves to create openings, vs having safe pressure or guaranteed setups into damage like characters above him.

Pot too. Once Potemkin gets in he's explosive, but to do that he has to rely on his unique move properties to close the gap.

I don't think bottom tier means weak, but they're really advanced characters that have to work harder than the characters above them to get wins.

So I'm not really sure they're in situations where you can just say "buff them". I think at least in the case of Pot and Slayer the characters are working as designed.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Potemkin was top tier in AC iirc, he 's always been one buff or two away from being a complete monster.

No way May is that low

I know the Jack-O' matchup is bad for her and this is colored by being a Jack-O' players tierlist but that still seems really harsh for her.

Terrible first post.

I'm joking buddy, welcome to GAF and you're right about May

Spuck-uk

Banned
No way May is that low

FWIW the best EU May player reckons she has very few winning matchups, so even though she's a long way from a bad character, others are just better.

sephi22

Getting the game today. I'm on West Coast USA (LA). Barely played original Xrd despite owning it since launch (Venom too hard). Will practice during the weekend and hopefully can get some games in.

PSN: sephi22

Top Bottom