• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

miku

Colors 1-18 are unlockable in game

19-24 are DLC for every character

Basically if it was unlockable in Sign it's free in game, everything new is paid DLC

Colors 18-22 are the 5 colors DLC

Color 23 is Eclipse DLC

Color 24 is mirror match

Just some fixes :)

The work on some characters, but they're an eyesore for the most part. :3

Also, if anyone want to see some Middle Eastern Xrd:

Are you in the tournament :p?

Sayad

Didn't know the mirror match shit was still in. Arc, pls!
9ovvu0I.gif

Colors 18-22 are the 5 colors DLC

Color 23 is Eclipse DLC

Color 24 is mirror match

Just some fixes :)

Ah I see. Thanks for the corrections.

Yeah, there's a specific palette for each character you can only get if both players choose the same character and same palette. One player will be forced to use it.

Yeah. It sucks since some of them are really cool. Like Raven's Mirror palette is reminiscent of his color scheme in GG2

Slaythe

Is ranked match region locked ?

Only been able to get 0 bars in ranked despite people in my lobby looking for ranked matches.

I got the JP copy. -_-

Slaythe

I don't think it's region locked, I could play ranked with JP/NA players, JP copy also

Well we figured it out.

They never patched the EU version so EU can't play with NA and JP copies anymore.

They're one week late and have no ETA as of now. Awesome.

kewlmyc

Finished story mode, and while I enjoyed it, I have two issues with it.

1. Needing to play everyone's arcade mode to understand what is happening is silly. Stop that.

The main villain of the story isn't a playable character. Then they kill her off at the end so she either is never going to be playable or they're going to find some way to revive her.

Can't wait to Xrd 3 so Baiken and Robo-Ky can join the roster. Would also say Zappa, but if he was playable, either all of his character development would be reset or he would play completely differently.

Rutger

Banned

1. Needing to play everyone's arcade mode to understand what is happening is silly. Stop that.

The main villain of the story isn't a playable character. Then they kill her off at the end so she either is never going to be playable or they're going to find some way to revive her.

Can't wait to Xrd 3 so Baiken and Robo-Ky can join the roster. Would also say Zappa, but if he was playable, either all of his character development would be reset or he would play completely differently.

For the first one, the probably will not stop. It gives people another reason to spend more money when the game is only in arcades.

As for Zappa,
I just looked up his entry in the GG World section of the game, it ends saying that he still hasn't solved his possession problem. I don't know why S-Ko hasn't been bothering him for the past few years, but he will return.

Chase17

Few questions. I've recently been getting into fighting games (still completely terrible) in general and I've heard a lot of good things about the tutorial in this game (and the game as a whole). Was wondering if it covers fighting game concepts that could help carry over to other games.

Also was wondering how the online is. I don't know anyone who plays the game so I'd have to rely on online for any matches. Is there a decent number online or is it pretty empty? If it is empty would you still consider there being enough SP to justify the purchase?

Might take a flyer on the game regardless as it would put me over the number towards the psn deal this week. Anyways just looking for some gaf impressions and I'm sorry if these questions are asked a lot/easily found on one's own.

Slaythe

Few questions. I've recently been getting into fighting games (still completely terrible) in general and I've heard a lot of good things about the tutorial in this game (and the game as a whole). Was wondering if it covers fighting game concepts that could help carry over to other games.

Also was wondering how the online is. I don't know anyone who plays the game so I'd have to rely on online for any matches. Is there a decent number online or is it pretty empty? If it is empty would you still consider there being enough SP to justify the purchase?

Might take a flyer on the game regardless as it would put me over the number towards the psn deal this week. Anyways just looking for some gaf impressions and I'm sorry if these questions are asked a lot/easily found on one's own.

The tutorial and missions (and character specific mission) absolutely cover many basics that are common to fighting games.

It has a decent amount of single player, but know that the story mode is in fact an animated movie, non playable. A 5 hours one at that. It is also a sequel so you might want to check out the story mode of the first game (Xrd Sign) on youtube.

It has arcade mode, a stylish feature that does auto combos for you, to showcase what the characters can do basically until you pick a main, it has some mini games.

I say go for it if the aesthetics seem to be pleasing you. The art direction is stellar.

The online is pretty populated. If you're in EU I have to warn you that atm the situation is bad because of lack of updates.

Astarte

Welcome back Astarte!

Thank you, I'm glad to be back to rep pantysquad.

I can't wait for the cast of Xrd 3

Chase17

The tutorial and missions (and character specific mission) absolutely cover many basics that are common to fighting games.

It has a decent amount of single player, but know that the story mode is in fact an animated movie, non playable. A 5 hours one at that. It is also a sequel so you might want to check out the story mode of the first game (Xrd Sign) on youtube.

It has arcade mode, a stylish feature that does auto combos for you, to showcase what the characters can do basically until you pick a main, it has some mini games.

I say go for it if the aesthetics seem to be pleasing you. The art direction is stellar.

The online is pretty populated. If you're in EU I have to warn you that atm the situation is bad because of lack of updates.
This all sounds good to me. Thanks! Guess I'm lucky I'm not an EU though, hopefully they get it together soon. Will have to check out the Xrd sign cutscenes now.

Slaythe

This all sounds good to me. Thanks! Guess I'm lucky I'm not an EU though, hopefully they get it together soon. Will have to check out the Xrd sign cutscenes now.

The first one was a mix of movie and visual novel, but Revelator is full movie. (In case the slow parts of Sign bother you)

Also, Sign itself was technically a sequel, so maybe you should read into the lore a little haha.

Celcius

°Temp. member
*Sigh*
I don't have a PS4 but I do have a PS3 and a PC. It's hard passing up on the PS3 version for now to get the PC version in 6 months.

T-Rex.

Banned
I bought the US version and I tried to find a match in the UK casual lobby and couldn't find anyone, no wonder. Any UK people want to play kick my arse online? I'm fairly bad so you won't get a fun match, though :p

Seyob

I bought the US version and I tried to find a match in the UK casual lobby and couldn't find anyone, no wonder. Any UK people want to play kick my arse online? I'm fairly bad so you won't get a fun match, though :p
Add me (PSN: Seyob) I'll hook you up with fellow US/JP version players.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
DLC isn't free for EU either right, unless you bought one of the special editions? Get the feeling I should've just imported...

Top Bottom