• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Bebpo

Banned
Speaking of colors, Sin's neon blue & black color 18 is freaking amazing looking. Man, I love Sin's character so much. His lines are hilarious and his design and playstyle is super cool. Glad to see ASW is still able to make great memorable characters in modern GG.

Slaythe

They confirmed after players insisted that 1.02 had no issues that the reason EU didn't get the patch is that "Japan" is slow and they are waiting for them to send them the patch. They have no idea when they will get it.

It's sign all over again. Sigh

They confirmed after players insisted that 1.02 had no issues that the reason EU didn't get the patch is that "Japan" is slow and they are waiting for them to send them the patch. They have no idea when they will get it.

It's not Sign all over again, because the publisher is actively communicating and actually gives a shit.

I do hope it's fixed soon, I'm with you on that.

Slaythe

Yeah lag fix + parity.

It's good for people that imported like me because I can't play with anybody from EU, besides the 10 dudes that also imported.

Took me a while to understand your post, but...you have a JP copy but you can't play with JP guys due to lag, so you're waiting to play with EU game owners 'cross-region'.

That's a shitty position to be in, yeah.

T-Rex.

Banned
Add me (PSN: Seyob) I'll hook you up with fellow US/JP version players.
Sweet, I'll add you tonight.

The tutorial is blowing my mind. It's a silly thing to get excited about, but I usually give up on fighters because I have no idea how to do..well, anything but this is so in depth. It's great.

Eolz

What the fuck? Why didn't they say that from the start?

It's not Sign all over again, because the publisher is actively communicating and actually gives a shit.

I do hope it's fixed soon, I'm with you on that.

But yeah, this at least. They didn't even care a iota for Sign.

Slaythe

What the fuck? Why didn't they say that from the start?

But yeah, this at least. They didn't even care a iota for Sign.

I only found out about the ordeal yesterday.

Basically last week they said that "there was an issue with patch 1.02" so they were waiting before rolling it out.

A week later, there was no such issue for JP and NA, so they came clean and said that they asked Japan to give them the patch and that they were waiting.

A few days later they said they "Japan was slow" and that they couldn't do much more.

Today they said that they are confident the patch might be coming tomorrow.

I am not sure I'm too happy about Arcsys basically in control of EU updates because the second they get annoyed with it they'll let it die.
Hopefully not.

Zetta

Just beat arcade mode with I-No and loved the fact that you learn what she is. This has to be my favorite arcade system in any fighter, it actually adds something to the story and your knowledge of the character.

Astarte

ok how about this buff for jam
jam's 6h is now fully invul and causes wallsplat regardless of status
this sounds perfectly balanced no problems at all guys

ShinMaruku

Somebody on the dev team hates Jam but loves booty.
CP0f41DUsAEftRh.jpg

Eolz

@Shin there's a girl for everybody in GG :p

For us EU players, apparently the 1.02 patch will finally reach us tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/745293539416875008

To be honest I'm not surprised Japan still treats Europe with mild neglect when it comes to things like this. At least PQube have been open to dialogue about it rather than put their heads in the sand...
Thank god.
Honestly I think Pqube has been doing a really good work considering what they have to work with...

Pompadour

Is the story aspect of Arcade Mode only in the ending? Curious if I can do a quick YouTube skim to save myself some boredom.

There's a little intro at the beginning, some dialogue between opponents on stage 7, some more of that on stage 8, and then the ending.

On an unrelated note, Kum Haehyun is so much fun. I feel like I can move around with him way easier than Slayer and string together combos intuitively whereas with Slayer I felt more limited. Jumping into the air to smack someone back down to Earth is immensely satisfying.

JayEH

Finished the story mode. It was a lot better than Sign's especially with the pacing. The humor was really well done especially when
Sol and Ky realize Dizzy is Sol's daughter (though I though that was obvious for years lol). Is Jack-O really just gone now? Seems a waste to just have her for one game unless them make Aria play like her/do some bs to bring her back to life. Also that like 5 second scene with Dizzy was so obviously a last minute addition lol.

ShinMaruku

Finished the story mode. It was a lot better than Sign's especially with the pacing. The humor was really well done especially when
Sol and Ky realize Dizzy is Sol's daughter (though I though that was obvious for years lol). Is Jack-O really just gone now? Seems a waste to just have her for one game unless them make Aria play like her/do some bs to bring her back to life. Also that like 5 second scene with Dizzy was so obviously a last minute addition lol.

Technically Jack-O was always Aria so they can do a bunch of silly stuff with her.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I bought the US version and I tried to find a match in the UK casual lobby and couldn't find anyone, no wonder. Any UK people want to play kick my arse online? I'm fairly bad so you won't get a fun match, though :p

I'm on the US version and in the UK as well. Theres a version mismatch they're working on that means you cant play people oon the EU version at the moment :/

LTWheels

For us EU players, apparently the 1.02 patch will finally reach us tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/745293539416875008

To be honest I'm not surprised Japan still treats Europe with mild neglect when it comes to things like this. At least PQube have been open to dialogue about it rather than put their heads in the sand...

That's the issue with these tiny publishers bringing over these games from Japan. They do not have the clout to force the Japanese devs to hurry up.

It's also in part an issue with how PlayStation treats games in different regions. I.e. Each region is its own version. Patches and dlc are region specific.

I vastly prefer the Xbox set up where everything is universal.

That's the issue with these tiny publishers bringing over these games from Japan. They do not have the clout to force the Japanese devs to hurry up.

It's also in part an issue with how PlayStation treats games in different regions. I.e. Each region is its own version. Patches and dlc are region specific.

I vastly prefer the Xbox set up where everything is universal.

That's....not entirely true though, is it?

Regardless, the patch is confirmed to release on Friday. It would've released today but apparently the PS3 version of the patch is slightly delayed and they don't want to split the userbase further.

LTWheels

That's....not entirely true though, is it?

Regardless, the patch is confirmed to release on Friday. It would've released today but apparently the PS3 version of the patch is slightly delayed and they don't want to split the userbase further.

Well once you own a game in one region you own it all in all regions same for the dlc. If this was the same on the PlayStation I could just swap over to the US version of the game without have to repurchase any content.

And mostly the international release of games on the Xbox is the same for Europe and US.

I had a go of the online mode for the first time last night and it was really stuttery during matches. It was saying it was around 3-5 frame delay, but it definitely felt a lot worse than that.
Is the game's netcode not that good, or was it due to my opponents?

I'm in the UK, and I'm wired with 90mb download/5mb upload, so it should be working fine. Street Fighter V is practically flawless online, but this isn't. I was in the France lobby because that was the most populated lobby; would that make any difference? Also, can I see where my opponent is from?

A few of the matches were OK, but when they were stuttering it was unplayable levels of stutter.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to make an actual effort to learn the game properly this time. Like Jam, Chipp and maybe Ephelt from doing the challenges. Does Chipp still have the relatively higher execution barrier?

Rutger

Banned
Trying to make an actual effort to learn the game properly this time. Like Jam, Chipp and maybe Ephelt from doing the challenges. Does Chipp still have the relatively higher execution barrier?

Yes.
Don't be discouraged by that though, a very simple chain into 2D will go a long way. You can learn the more complicated stuff at a comfortable pace, the main thing you want when starting out with Chipp is to get that knockdown and then go for a mixup.

maouvin

So I jumped back into Xrd with -R- launch and still struggle with I-no's 6P > 5H > IAD jK (on characters where it supposedly works, of course).
Sometimes I manage to land it by hitting 8 during the 5H and then 66>jK right after, but can't make it work going with 96 IAD. Is it impossible to do so with 96 or is it just timing?

Top Bottom