• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Rutger

Banned
So I jumped back into Xrd with -R- launch and still struggle with I-no's 6P > 5H > IAD jK (on characters where it supposedly works, of course).
Sometimes I manage to land it by hitting 8 during the 5H and then 66>jK right after, but can't make it work going with 96 IAD. Is it impossible to do so with 96 or is it just timing?

While I can't say for sure with I-no, when I want to IAD mid combo with Chipp, I have to delay the 9 a little after I press the button for the attack I want to jump cancel, otherwise I will not get the air dash when I input the 6.

Try that?

Astarte

Just watch that reload video more and cry

I did that like three times and I'm still on the floor

Pachi's going to laugh at me. Dude just doesn't like Jam.

Just got this. I loved Jam in Accent Core. Sad to hear she is terrible here.

She's not terrible. She has a great air to air game and her mixups can be pretty hilarious.
She's just not as good as she previously was.

Tornix

So I jumped back into Xrd with -R- launch and still struggle with I-no's 6P > 5H > IAD jK (on characters where it supposedly works, of course).
Sometimes I manage to land it by hitting 8 during the 5H and then 66>jK right after, but can't make it work going with 96 IAD. Is it impossible to do so with 96 or is it just timing?

It's all timing. I input 9 just as 5H hits.

It's all timing. I input 9 just as 5H hits.

I accidentally do that too, sometimes.

:(

S7XOQFU.gif

vg260

What's the fastest way to earn game currency after completing the main story, tutorial, and story modes for all characters?

I know you can get 20k for clearing all of a character's combo trials, but the later advanced ones are impossible. Any characters with really easy advanced combo challenges?

I guess replaying character story mode is the fastest.

Seyob

What's the fastest way to earn game currency after completing the main story, tutorial, and story modes for all characters?

I know you can get 20k for clearing all of a character's combo trials, but the later advanced ones are impossible. Any characters with really easy advanced combo challenges?

Or playing tons online ;-)
MOM also gives you W$ which is linked to the number of medals you collect if i'm not mistaken. Provided you're on a long winning streak, this could be quite rewarding also

Naite

Kum, Raven, Millia, Sol, and Leo's are fairly easy. I found Slayer's easy as well, but maybe because he's my main. I get about $2000 from doing a couple 2-3 starred fights in M. O. M mode too.

You can also use a turbo controller and leave it fighting the cpu in versus mode, but you wont earn a whole lot.

vg260

Kum, Raven, Millia, Sol, and Leo's are fairly easy. I found Slayer's easy as well, but maybe because he's my main. I get about $2000 from doing a couple 2-3 starred fights in M. O. M mode too.

You can also use a turbo controller and leave it fighting the cpu in versus mode, but you wont earn a whole lot.

Sol's last one is literally impossible for me. No way I'll every get that one.

If the others are anywhere as tough, I don't stand a chance.

Naite

Sol's last one is literally impossible for me. No way I'll every get that one.

If the others are anywhere as tough, I don't stand a chance.
Is that the one with the double Gunflame? Its much easier if you input 2366P to time the dash before the first gunflame.

Mr. Hyde

How is the PS3 version of this game? I just picked up the newest version of the Fighting Commander controller and I feel like getting back into Guilty Gear for the first time in years. I won't have a PS4 until next year.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
How is the PS3 version of this game? I just picked up the newest version of the Fighting Commander controller and I feel like getting back into Guilty Gear for the first time in years. I won't have a PS4 until next year.
good

vg260

Is that the one with the double Gunflame? Its much easier if you input 2366P to time the dash before the first gunflame.

Yes, but it's still not doable for most humans and the couple before took an embarrassing amount of time for me. If Sol is easy, it's probabky quicker for me to play arcade mode multiple times to earn the same amount as it would to clear the combos, if I ever could.

Appreciate the tips, but sadly, I don't think I can clear most of the later advanced combos.

Sayad

You have to understand what's happening here, you can't air dash until you reach a certain height, so you have to delay 96 as long as possible so when you press the 6 you're high enough in the air so the dash would come out. Two things that helped me with this:

- For simple 96, wait until the effects from I-No's guitar hitting the ground disappear, ie, at the very end of the hit stop.

- The other way is to do a super jump into IAD(296), this make the input timing more lenient since you travel to the height where you're allowed to air dash faster(I think so at least, I just use this more because I find it easier), also, this works on all characters unlike the 96 one.

That being said, I-No's IAD is bnb is one of the harder bnbs in the game, and you'd see even pro I-No players dropping it regularly.

Essay

- The other way is to do a super jump into IAD(296), this make the input timing more lenient since you travel to the height where you're allowed to air dash faster(I think so at lest, I just use this more because I find it easier), also, this works on all characters unlike the 96 one.

Fun fact: When you do the sj IAD, you're actually airdashing at a higher height, which means that you can't land and recover as early after the ffVCL (whose recovery is already affected by your cancel timing). This actually limits your potential follow ups in some cases, but is, of course, what is helping keep the combo from dropping on high juggleboxes like Sol, May, I-No and Millia-in-the-corner have.

Pompadour

Anyone willing to help me get the M.O.M. Player Match trophy? I set up a room in District 1A New England #2 with the room name "jon_oneal".

Much appreciated.

Edit: Got it.

SephLuis

I came back to play online and I am pretty bad. I got so used to abuse meaty in SF V that here I am taking a lot of grabs. Also, any way to do a grab in a reliable way ? I play Elphelt and I am not sure she has a OS with grab.

Rutger

Banned
I came back to play online and I am pretty bad. I got so used to abuse meaty in SF V that here I am taking a lot of grabs. Also, any way to do a grab in a reliable way ? I play Elphelt and I am not sure she has a OS with grab.

You will have to space things properly to avoid getting thrown out of a meaty. You'll get used to it soon enough.

Everyone can OS their throw. Press 6H plus any other button, the game will read the weaker button, so any normal you can get while holding forward will be the normal that comes out when you whiff your throw. This can also be done in the air but in either case it can only be done with a forward throw, because holding back and any two buttons will give you Faultless Defense instead. I don't play Elphelt, but c.S is probably a good normal to OS throw with.

Zissou

You're throw invulnerable on wakeup.

You can OS grab with 6P/5K/c.S/6HS/4HS by doing 6P+HS, 6P+K, 6S+HS, 6HS, and 4HS respectively.

Pompadour

Does anyone know how to get the "Wicked Sick Time, Bro!" trophy? I don't know what's it referring to when it says I need to complete the second round of tutorials within the time limit.

T-Rex.

Banned
Scrub question; what's the best way to combat people who just sit back and spam projectiles? I played a Raven yesterday (I think) and that's all he did, and whenever I dodged it aerially and got in close I got rekt.

Deimo5

Does anyone know how to get the "Wicked Sick Time, Bro!" trophy? I don't know what's it referring to when it says I need to complete the second round of tutorials within the time limit.

I would assume its the same deal as Radio Edit from Sign, where a timer shows up after you complete the tutorial for the first time and you need to complete the full tutorial again within that time limit.
Can't say for sure since I haven't tried it yet...but I will soon since my import arrived today, yo so hyped.

Kuksune

Scrub question; what's the best way to combat people who just sit back and spam projectiles? I played a Raven yesterday (I think) and that's all he did, and whenever I dodged it aerially and got in close I got rekt.
Potemkin,flick projectiles with 63214 S, slide head them, then just get in range.

Seyob

I would assume its the same deal as Radio Edit from Sign, where a timer shows up after you complete the tutorial for the first time and you need to complete the full tutorial again within that time limit.
Can't say for sure since I haven't tried it yet...but I will soon since my import arrived today, yo so hyped.
Yes that's it.
10 minutes for the whole thing. Tedious...

LTWheels

I'm making an attempt to actually learn this game. I've always enjoyed messing around with fighters, but never properly learnt.

One issue I'm having is transitioning from air attacks to ground attacks (or such as the air dash combos in the beginner trials).

Can anyone give me some advice on the timing? Most of the time the ground attack doesn't come out or it comes out but does not combo.

I'm making an attempt to actually learn this game. I've always enjoyed messing around with fighters, but never properly learnt.

One issue I'm having is transitioning from air attacks to ground attacks (or such as the air dash combos in the beginner trials).

Can anyone give me some advice on the timing? Most of the time the ground attack doesn't come out or it comes out but does not combo.

With the beginner air dash to ground combos (that usually end in a 2D) you want to air dash as close to the ground as possible while still allowing room to pull off the air attacks.
If you pause the game you can play a sample, which'll show you how to do it, along with the inputs.

FACE

Banned

Different characters have different ways of dealing with projectiles, who do you play?

Essay

A lot of air normals can actually gattling (aka: chain, transition) later than you'd think and still combo. Try dialing in an airdash string while airdashing as low as possible, just barely letting yourself combo into a ground move. Then, try the same string from higher off the ground, but with a bit of delay between your button presses to achieve the same result (when you normally would've been too high).

Not every jump normal will let you cancel late though, so sometimes the answer can be to chain backwards to unintuitive buttons. For example, with I-No, there are times when I can connect my j.K so early that I can't combo with a ground normal, but also late enough that j.S won't come out before I land. In these cases, the answer is to gattling backwards into j.P.

Chase17

Took me a while but I was finally able to beat that wake up dp mission. Really had trouble with the timing for some reason. Wonder if I'm approaching missions that are going to be too much for me soon. Luckily I can just skip past them if it happens though.

Rutger

Banned

I'm still testing the characters out, but I've done better playing as Millia than any of the others so she'll be my main most likely.

Millia is very fast and has a double air dash, she will be hard to keep pinned down with projectiles. Keep in mind that Raven's daggers will slow you down for a very short time if they hit, you will just have to carefully wait it off. He has three angles for his daggers, forward on the ground, and two different down forwards in the air, so if you're above him those mean nothing. He has some good Anti-Airs though, so don't be too obvious with your approach. If he is in his stance that absorbs hits, you can try to throw him out of it, just be careful because he can YRC it or cancel into a super if he has the meter.

You will want to learn how to best use Millia's pin, it will make her air approach a lot more difficult for your opponent to deal with.

Edit: I say this as someone who subs Raven btw, if there's a Millia main here they might have some better info.

Top Bottom