• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Ron K

They do require effort to handle some execution barrier, yes. In terms of critical thinking, there is no barrier. They are the Zero or Seth of the game.

That's just what those characters are. When they're good, that's how they work. If I-No, Leo or Chipp were on their level tier-wise you'd be saying the same of them. Millia in particular does not have a big execution barrier, she has a HUGE neutral barrier. Outside of hairpin everything she does at neutral needs to be very precise.

Astarte

If people learned matchups the game would be free of frauds.

WBMc3CO.jpg

Sayad

They do require effort to handle some execution barrier, yes. In terms of critical thinking, there is no barrier. They are the Zero or Seth of the game.
Have you actually played Millia? You can autopilot more with Faust than you could with Millia during neutral.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Entirely true for Milia and Johnny.

Elph? Get out son.
100% still true for elph. Shotgun loops and setups don't do themselves

lol at thinking Seth requires no critical thinking. Seth is one of the hardest sf4 characters not only because of execution but because you have to get into people's heads because one bad play cost you a round more than any other character. Zero is pretty dumb but good zero players are absolutely doing plenty of critical thinking.

If you want derp gg characters Faust is the number one contender followed by sol. If jam was her old version she be right next to them. But it's OK Leo has her place now

Kum KY and raven are all pretty derpy as well.

Type-Zero

Haha, this is awesome I get to fight Kum and Jack-O. I have never fight against these two yet so this will be great for experience!

Slaythe

EU lobby (france) was full today for the longest time !

Glad to see 1.02's delay didn't affect the player base. And now all EU players can play together :D .

Hadoukie

If only they removed Elph, Johnny, and Millia, the game would be free of frauds

Lol, you forgot Sin, who should be in place of Millia

I have less of a problem with them, than I do with Pot, Slayer and Jam being garbage. Fucking buff them, godammit

Zissou

I was thinking arcade edition Seth (though I stand by Zero). I probably shouldn't have said they 'don't require critical thinking' (and they certainly require execution) but rather 'people that win with them often win because their character carries them to victory (w/o necessarily having to outplay their opponent).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I was thinking arcade edition Seth (though I stand by Zero). I probably shouldn't have said they 'don't require critical thinking' (and they certainly require execution) but rather 'people that win with them often win because their character carries them to victory (w/o necessarily having to outplay their opponent).
This is a dumb mindset stop thinking this way if you want to get better

NEO0MJ

I was really hoping to play Kum but I'm not sure her style fits me. Kinda a shame, as I love the design of the old man. Gonna try messing around more with her later.

Astarte

OIU40vs.gif

That's certainly a mindset

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
also finished Leo's trials... only 2 left for Sol...

this is the best way to make fishing money if you're too scared to play online like me

ShinMaruku

I dunno where people think Elphelt does not need critical thinking, I still get dunked. :E

But soon I will get the unblockables and then lick shot.

I dunno where people think Elphelt does not need critical thinking, I still get dunked. :E

But soon I will get the unblockables and then lick shot.

People just don't like the character. and assume that having such favorable options in almost every situation = no skill.

That said launch pineberry was ridiculous and first impressions are hard to get passed lol

miku

also finished Leo's trials... only 2 left for Sol...

this is the best way to make fishing money if you're too scared to play online like me

lol I'm sure there are much better ways to earn money than doing trials and playing online

Top Bottom