• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

miku

Real or fake? Any experts?

Cuvkyx6WAAEDejG.jpg:orig

Cuvkyx6XgAQ85_m.jpg:orig

ms1lDPz.gif

Rutger

Banned
Real or not, Baiken is the most likely returning character to be added to Xrd next.

We'll probably find out at the end of Arc Revo.

Slaythe

I don't think I can be counted as an expert, lol, but as an artist this is A) of a very high quality and B) it fits the art style of the game perfectly. I don't think this is a fake. Or there is someone seriously talented and he should work for Arc System Work asap.

Well as an artist you should know that

A) 2D and 3D are two different things, so him being great at 2D doesn't mean he could be of any help for Arcsys

B) the entire character model + her existing moveset were a thing, the game has also been out for months, so a talented artist had all he needed to create a fake

Let's hope it's real though, but I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing ! ! !

The only thing that makes me doubt it's real is the shadows on the hair. It's far too clean, beyond anything that'd been done on the current character models.

But they did up it a notch with Dizzy, so maybe Baiken puts all of them to shame.

Sayad

The screenshots look good, but the gif looks fake... insanely non dynamic

Also, weirdly, Guilty Gear is the only fighting game on the market that it still feels weird to see a woman gets a boob job on a new game !
If they didn't increase I No's bust size ... why would they double's baiken ?
Gif isn't from the leak, it's from the game's story mode where Baiken makes an appearance.

Also, Baiken have always been huge, it may not show much because she isn't wearing a bra, but, yea:
hqdefault.jpg

She's just lifting them up more now.

Also, I-No already has the biggest bust in the game, but no bra, so they're not held up in your face like Elphelt's. Not sure if they got bigger compared to older titles though.

Nyoro SF

They didn't double her bust, they just made it more cartoony looking. Breasts in the Xrd engine are really weird looking sometimes.

I'm more interested in seeing the weaponry attacks. I think that tatami mat looks kind of ugly....

vulva

Also, weirdly, Guilty Gear is the only fighting game on the market that it still feels weird to see a woman gets a boob job on a new game !

lol this is such a you post

Platy

Gif isn't from the leak, it's from the game's story mode where Baiken makes an appearance.

...really ?
Only played versus at a friend's house and the animation and posing in those "cutscenes" are SO MORE DYNAMIC !
Did the money dryed out in the story mode cutscenes ?

ZgEZLDk.gif

Also ... how did she lift them without a bra ? xD
Where is the space between ?

lol this is such a you post

Good to have fans =D

Told ya ! xD

FluxWaveZ

I was mostly 50/50, but leaning towards fake because leaks like that don't seem to happen with ASW games.

...really ?
Only played versus at a friend's house and the animation and posing in those "cutscenes" are SO MORE DYNAMIC !

She's just standing and opening her eyes while the camera slowly pans. I don't think every story mode scene needs to be 110% dynamic with explosions everywhere and crazy camera angles.

Sayad

...really ?
Well, it's few seconds for each character close up during game play vs 4 hours of story mode, surly

Also ... how did she lift them without a bra ? xD
Where is the space between ?
Her dress is now tied above her chest to bring them together vs the complexly open dress in the sprite!

Narroo

Also, Baiken have always been huge, it may not show much because she isn't wearing a bra, but, yea:
hqdefault.jpg

She's just lifting them up more now.

Also, I-No already has the biggest bust in the game, but no bra, so they're not held up in your face like Elphelt's. Not sure if they got bigger compared to older titles though.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that something is up with Baiken's chest. It looks a bit off and unnatural. It also doesn't seem to really fit her character. But really, from a design point, the shapes don't really match the rest of the design and kinda stick out; the rest of the design is rather lax and the lines on her flow downwards. (Just look at her old sprite.) Now, she's got a pair of giant spheres that clash with that.
I for one don't mind the baiken buff.
Eh, there's more to life.

cj_iwakura

I'm about nine chapters into GG2 since I want to play the story before starting Xrd, and while I like the story and love the boss fights, the troop battles are an absolute mess. I have no idea how to parse the triangle system or how to keep track of what troops are in play and what to send over, I usually just throw an army at them and hope they die.

The Raven fight was amazing.

wwm0nkey

It's a possibility since arcsys is on the Switch confirmed developer list :)

I think it will happen and would be great exposure for the brand too if it hits near launch. The social aspect of just saying "Hey man want to try this fighting game?" and then giving them a controller could be soooooo good for the FGC

Kuksune

There's a tournament in sweden soon that features GGXRD rev, and i'm just wondering if anyone would be willing to train/spar with me?

Kuksune

Sure add me and we'll do some sets over the week-end. Hopefully I'll be somewhere near your level ;-)

I think i already have you on my PSN friend list. And don't worry, i'm pretty new at guilty gear i just wanna support the tourny scene here in sweden. But i would like to win atleast one round in a tourney :)

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
How active is the Revelator community now?

I find lobbies whenever I hop on in EU in the evening; it seems healthier than KOF at any rate, but obviously not as busy as SFV. It has died down a lot from earlier in the year, but that's to be expected.

Top Bottom