• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Dambrosi

Banned
It's just that I heard from everyone that the story mode is wayy better in Revelator than Sign.

Edit: And sign isn't even from the beginning so your still confused.
It's from the beginning of this part of the story, so no, I'm not. Unless you count Guilty Gear 2 on 360 as the beginning of this arc? No, actually, GG2 IS the first part of this arc, so you're right. Um.

Unless you want to play the PS1 original for the real beginning (not a bad idea).

Bebpo

Banned
Just about done with the story, man this is getting good at the end again. I really wonder if this isn't the last Xrd game based on some of the story movements and the fact Revelator kinda sold bad worldwide on console and the story modes in these games ain't cheap to make.

If they do make another Xrd game, can we get the president of Zepp as a playable character? Dude has been totally badass in Sign & Revelator.

It's from the beginning of this part of the story, so no, I'm not. Unless you count Guilty Gear 2 on 360 as the beginning of this arc? No, actually, GG2 IS the first part of this arc, so you're right. Um.

Unless you want to play the PS1 original for the real beginning (not a bad idea).

Just go on a wiki. It's always the better idea.

So, uh, if I didn't really care about the gameplay part of these games, would starting from Overture be a good idea?

Bebpo

Banned
Finished story mode. I liked it overall. Thought the 2nd to last chapter had way better finale type epic fights and the last chapter was kind of weak tbh. Game itself is amazing, but just talking about story here.

Story spoilers:
-Venom & Robo-Ky vs. Bedman was fucking awesome. Straight out of good Shounen manga.

-The whole Chipp/Vernon setup to Chipp's save of Ky was awesome.

-The everyone fighting to save the city in one big rumble was great. Slayer + Vernon moment was fantastic as was the little story of the old man halfway up the mountain.

-Robo-Ky became my favorite character in the series with this game

-I actually thought Ariels was a good villain because when she went crazy, she did crazy really well.

-Final chapter was kind of weak because after all that great plotting by Ariels, her fight sucks in the final chapter and she gets shot by a beam. Kind of underwhelming. For all her plans she lost pretty easily.

-The Aria bit was kind of a nice finish to that story. The "that man" reveal and start of a fight was ehhhhh, would have been a lot cooler if it showed the fight while the credits played.

-Generally nice wrap up to all the GG story plots, but then there's still Ky's red GEAR EYE out of nowhere from Sign that appears when he goes FULL POWER here and the game doesn't make anything about it. I actually think it'd have been better if that's how they were able to be Ariels since apparently no one knows about Ky's secret red eye power.

-Oh the other subplot left for the next game is Raven's whole thing about wanting to become human again (they both wanted it, but Jack-O achieved it this game)

-Lots of vocal songs, good stuff. Story mode was pretty lengthy.

-Tuner subplot didn't really add much. Felt kind of tacked on for the non-fighters to have some scenes. Maybe next game they'll be more important.

-So I'm guessing Bedman died, but if there's another game his lost twin sister who looks exactly like him will replace him.

-If there's another game I really would like Zappa back playable, but wonder how they'll work the curse presence thing back since he's over it.

Zissou

I haven't seen hardly any Faust players lately, did he fall off or something?

I think he's firmly mid tier- he has some even match-ups, some good ones, and some terrible ones.
The terrible ones make you wanna pull your hair out though.

Bebpo

Banned
No mention of Ky's
slow realisation about his new relationship to Sol? That and every face Leo pulls was the highlight.

Yeah, those were both great. Leo is awesome, and he's a really fun character to play too. My main's are Slayer, Leo and Sin. I generally like slower ground-based characters as my reflexes have slowed as I've gotten older.

Deimo5

I would like to know what Bedman's situation is in Xrd 3.

If his sister replaces him that might be cool but he would have a pretty short game life if that was the case. Guessing they aren't removing the character completely, he has an interesting fighting style to me.

If his sister replaces Bedman
she'll probably look and play identically to him, just with a new VA

They pulled the same thing with Nu and Lambda in Blazblue before they eventually became separate characters

Sayad

If his sister replaces Bedman
she'll probably look and play identically to him, just with a new VA

They pulled the same thing with Nu and Lambda in Blazblue before they eventually became separate characters
Changing the human body in Bedman wouldn't be a lot of work since he's just a small part of Bedman's animation. I expect them to change the "machine" a bit too, like Elphelt's new dress.

Where's the best place to discuss GG and find people to play with?
Both this thread and Dustloop seem a bit vacant recently, and I'm not really sure where to look for info and stuff.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I wish they had been able to keep the English voice actors from Sign. Johnny for example isn't the same character with the different voice. I've also seen several typos in the arcade / episode mode dialog so far. :(
Game is still plenty of fun though, but it seems like AkSys is putting less effort into the localization these days...

Slaythe

I wish they had been able to keep the English voice actors from Sign. Johnny for example isn't the same character with the different voice. I've also seen several typos in the arcade / episode mode dialog so far. :(
Game is still plenty of fun though, but it seems like AkSys is putting less effort into the localization these days...

A few lines versus decades of old games lol.

Johnny is Cell from DBZ, the english voice actor was not anywhere as cool.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I've always liked the story in GG games, but this is probably the best it's ever been. They nailed the more down-to-earth moments, which is pretty admirable for such a zany anime-inspired series. On Chapter 2 now.
ROBO-KY!

I downloaded Dizzy when she was free but now its asking me to buy her again. Anyone got an answer for this? I don't own GG R yet but I was hoping I'd have her before I bought it.

lupinko

I played revelator with my friend this morning and it was only 7F delay, which was surprisingly awesome.

Mainly because I'm in Sendai, Japan and he's in Bronx, NY, USA.

Dont worry i got ggr with the flash sale and also downloaded dizzy when she was free. It also said i had to purchase her but when i started the game she was there ready to play

I have only one very important question:

will the tutorial of this game make me understand how fighting games work in a way that will enable me to auto-improve my skills at the genre? This is someone who could not get past the second story fight in Mortal Kombat IX.

I have only one very important question:

will the tutorial of this game make me understand how fighting games work in a way that will enable me to auto-improve my skills at the genre? This is someone who could not get past the second story fight in Mortal Kombat IX.

A lot of the stuff is GG exclusive, and anime fighters play different than games like MK and SF that don't have air dashes, but it'll teach you the fundamentals too.

I'm not sure what you're level of knowledge is, but it'll teach you things like blocking low, mid and high, tick throws etc. Plus, if you've not played it, the main tutorial is approached as a mini game, which helps make it easier to digest than reading walls of text. Then you have advanced tutorials which you need to get correct at least 3 times out of 5 to pass.

You won't get immediately better at the genre, but it's a solid starting point for the fundamentals.

Top Bottom