• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so I plan on buying Revelator in the current PSN sale, and I'm pretty damn sure I "purchased" Dizzy back when she was free (since people said she'll be there once you get the game even if you don't own it yet). Now she's showing as 7.99 in the store though. Anyone know what's up with that? Will I have her once I download a patch or something?

Slaythe

Okay so I plan on buying Revelator in the current PSN sale, and I'm pretty damn sure I "purchased" Dizzy back when she was free (since people said she'll be there once you get the game even if you don't own it yet). Now she's showing as 7.99 in the store though. Anyone know what's up with that? Will I have her once I download a patch or something?

Are you sure it's the right version of the game ?

The DLCs are not compatible with different regions (like EU for US version etc...)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure it's the right version of the game ?

The DLCs are not compatible with different regions (like EU for US version etc...)
Yeah. I'm in Austria (which is why I can't check my purchase history for the US account online), but I know I "purchased" her on the US store.
Was she even free in Europe?

Slaythe

Yeah. I'm in Austria (which is why I can't check my purchase history for the US account online), but I know I "purchased" her on the US store.

Well I can confirm that getting her while she was free even if you didn't have the game should have let you have her now.

But if it shows the price it's likely it didn't go through ?

Are you sure it's the same account ?

I'm in EU too but I didn't get the European version, I know that PQube has tried their best to match updates and DLC, outside of Kum.

So it's possible you got the EU dlc instead ? Double check.

She was free in the UK, and I'm guessing the EU PSN would have had the same offer if those are handled by PQube.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, all I can say is I didn't purchase her from the EU store (because she's not showing up in my transactions and shows as 6.99), and I definitely purchased her from some store - and I usually tend to do everything Guilty Gear on the US store. Weird. I think I'll still go for it, price is too good to pass up. Does someone maybe know if there's some way to check transactions for my US account from Europe? Browser always refers me back to EU PSN. Scratch that, got it to work.
Thanks for the replies y'all.

Slaythe

Welp, all I can say is I didn't purchase her from the EU store (because she's not showing up in my transactions and shows as 6.99), and I definitely purchased her from some store - and I usually tend to do everything Guilty Gear on the US store. Weird. I think I'll still go for it, price is too good to pass up. Does someone maybe know if there's some way to check transactions for my US account from Europe? Browser always refers me back to EU PSN.
Thanks for the replies y'all.

Just log in your US psn on the website. It will force the redirect to US.

i would also check your mail for that US account to make sure you did get that. If you don't have a confirmation mail, consider you never did "get" it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
fuuuu- turns out I purchased her on my UK account by mistake (? I guess? Why do I even have that? Maybe because I was planning to purchase the limited edition at one point?). Goddamn.
Again, thanks for the help everybody. Sorry to bother you.

Onemic

ASW really took it to Rams neutral in Revelator vs 1.0. Time to pick a new character :(

I think Im gonna play Zato.

Hopefully Im not making a huge mistake.

Got the game during a previous sale and I also tagged the free version of Dizzy back then but going to the PS4 PSN store to check the DLC I still saw a purchase option so I checked and found the free download from the archived purchases list; I don't even remember how I got the download to work anymore.

Kaibutsu

Got the game during a previous sale and I also tagged the free version of Dizzy back then but going to the PS4 PSN store to check the DLC I still saw a purchase option so I checked and found the free download from the archived purchases list; I don't even remember how I got the download to work anymore.

Yeah I just checked my email and found the purchase confirmation for Dizzy but in the store it shows up as $7.99. Looking through the download list I found the "additional character Dizzy" as one of the items but there is no download button next to it and when I click it, it takes me to the purchase page. Wtf??... This was from the store in the mobile app

Yeah I just checked my email and found the purchase confirmation for Dizzy but in the store it shows up as $7.99. Looking through the download list I found the "additional character Dizzy" as one of the items but there is no download button next to it and when I click it, it takes me to the purchase page. Wtf??... This was from the store in the mobile app

I just checked the web version of the store and I can't seem to find anything for the free Dizzy download anymore, a bit worrying since I will be upgrading to a PS4 Pro soon. I hope I remember how I got it working by then.

Maulik

How is the online community as Xrd just made me face the same 2 or 3 people that kept wrecking me. Is there a gaf comunity on PS4? I just dont want to by the game and have no one to play with regularly.

Essay

ASW really took it to Rams neutral in Revelator vs 1.0. Time to pick a new character :(

Count your lucky stars you didn't try to play her before the current patch, where her swords took longer to wake back up.

IMO she's very playable once you're proficient with microdash links in GG, and can put the time into getting comfortable with her combo routes. It then just takes one stray hit to combo them into the corner where she's capable of endings things in a flash.

I think Im gonna play Zato.

Hopefully Im not making a huge mistake.

The only problem with Zato is the eventuality of feeling touchy and defensive about the quality of your "fundamentals" — he'll let you win without learning any at all! ;)

How is the online community as Xrd just made me face the same 2 or 3 people that kept wrecking me. Is there a gaf comunity on PS4? I just dont want to by the game and have no one to play with regularly.

It's maintaining, but the standard of play might still seem high at first.

You'll find few westerners playing Ranked since the game had trouble early on with differentiating 4-bar and 0-bar connections (and Japan plays 24/7). However, if you make a Player Match room with a good, hardwired connection during reasonable hours, it often fills up. Just name it something like "Beginners only" and you'll avoid your initial complaint for the most part.

Maulik

Count your lucky stars you didn't try to play her before the current patch, where her swords took longer to wake back up.

IMO she's very playable once you're proficient with microdash links in GG, and can put the time into getting comfortable with her combo routes. It then just takes one stray hit to combo them into the corner where she's capable of endings things in a flash.

The only problem with Zato is the eventuality of feeling touchy and defensive about the quality of your "fundamentals" — he'll let you win without learning any at all! ;)

You'll find few westerners playing Ranked since the game had trouble early on with differentiating 4-bar and 0-bar connections (and Japan plays 24/7). However, if you make a Player Match room with a good, hardwired connection during reasonable hours, it often fills up. Just name it something like "Beginners only" and you'll avoid your initial complaint for the most part.

Thanks for the input. I am definitely now back to considering it as the price is really good. I also appreciate how they have an actual training mode as compared to the shitfest served by SF5.

Luigi87

Edit: Nevermind. Going into the in-game PS Store, then exiting the game and restarting it entirely re-unlocked Dizzy for me on my PS4 Pro.

Onemic

Fuck it, I'm just gonna stick with Ram. She has the only character design I really dig and is still the only character thats fun for me to practice with.

rpmboy

I actually have the same issue; I wanted to check I had actually bought all the DLC characters and Dizzy was appearing as $7.99. I checked my email and found a receipt showing I "bought" her. I don't know what will happen when I purchase the game. This isn't happening with the other characters that were free for a limited time; they are appearing as bought.

pgharavi

Banned
PSN will often still show a price, but if it says "Download to your PS4," then you already purchased it and you can download it "free."

Sayad

If any of the new players is from around the middle east, there's a sizable community(mainly GCC countries) and they play daily... Actually, they almost always have a room up with people playing in it. This goes for anyone on the fence and worried about finding people to play with too.

Tizoc

If any of the new players is from around the middle east, there's a sizable community(mainly GCC countries) and they play daily... Actually, they almost always have a room up with people playing in it. This goes for anyone on the fence and worried about finding people to play with too.
I should play this more often
I mainly play it offline with brothers and friends :p

Hey guys, so I'm tempted to pick this up in the sale, mainly because I think it looks gorgeous. How is it for a casual player that isn't going to be able to sink a lot of time to get good at it? Is the single player any good?

Deimo5

Hey guys, so I'm tempted to pick this up in the sale, mainly because I think it looks gorgeous. How is it for a casual player that isn't going to be able to sink a lot of time to get good at it? Is the single player any good?

There is a solid amount of single player content I think.
You have versus and episode mode (arcade) for your standard cpu fighting experience.
M.O.M (Medal of Millionaires) is like light rpg style where you can upgrade you character and use other characters special moves for yourself (where available) plus some unique ones and equip stat boosting/altering items.
Story mode is non-playable, you watch it like a movie. It might be hard to jump in since it follows on from the previous game but it has some cool action sequences regardless. That's where you can see the 3d models at their most...3d? Yeah. I think its supposed to be 5 hours long or something, split up into chapters. If you play through a characters episode you will have some idea of what they are up to in story mode.

The training type modes besides standard training itself include tutorial (which is based around minigame type activities this time), mission mode (specific technique/matchup stuff) and combo mode (reeling off preset combos). You can learn a bunch there, depending on how much you want to. Maybe these are a bit dry for a casual player but the tutorial is pretty jolly.

Also recently Digital Figure mode has been added which is like making your own diorama, choosing character models and adding expressions, poses, stage etc.
Progressing through these will give you in game money which you can spend on fishing. You can fish up all kinds of stuff like character colours, BGM and even a new character in Raven. Feel the hype of fishing.

I'm from Pakistan and just got the game. Would you happen to know which region this lobby is or how I can get invited?

There is a solid amount of single player content I think.
You have versus and episode mode (arcade) for your standard cpu fighting experience.
M.O.M (Medal of Millionaires) is like light rpg style where you can upgrade you character and use other characters special moves for yourself (where available) plus some unique ones and equip stat boosting/altering items.
Story mode is non-playable, you watch it like a movie. It might be hard to jump in since it follows on from the previous game but it has some cool action sequences regardless. That's where you can see the 3d models at their most...3d? Yeah. I think its supposed to be 5 hours long or something, split up into chapters. If you play through a characters episode you will have some idea of what they are up to in story mode.

The training type modes besides standard training itself include tutorial (which is based around minigame type activities this time), mission mode (specific technique/matchup stuff) and combo mode (reeling off preset combos). You can learn a bunch there, depending on how much you want to. Maybe these are a bit dry for a casual player but the tutorial is pretty jolly.

Also recently Digital Figure mode has been added which is like making your own diorama, choosing character models and adding expressions, poses, stage etc.
Progressing through these will give you in game money which you can spend on fishing. You can fish up all kinds of stuff like character colours, BGM and even a new character in Raven. Feel the hype of fishing.

Thanks for the breakdown. Posing and fishing you say? Goddamit. Gonna have to grab it now.

Are there any characters comparable to Rose or Guile from Street Fighter?

Thanks for the breakdown. Posing and fishing you say? Goddamit. Gonna have to grab it now.

The fishing is super simple, as in you press a button near the pond and choose if you want to fish 1 or 10 items, then press the button again to reel it in.
The diorama mode is really cool though, and it lets you appreciate just how crazy the artstyle actually is. The only problem is that you need to fish for everything to use for them. When you start the diorama mode it'll ask you to select a character, and you'll get that character's base model for free, but nothing else.

I've never played much Rose so I can't comment on her, but there aren't really any super turtle-y characters like Guile, due to the more offensive nature of the game. There are charge characters, including May and Venom, but they don't play like Guile. May uses her charge moves to summon (and can also ride on) dolphins and other aquatic creatures, and Venom sets up billiard balls with his, and can do trick shots with them. May has strong normals, and Venom is sort of like if Guile was focused on offence rather than defence. So if you want a charge character with attributes of Guile then they'll be a good place to start. Charge times are super short on Guilty Gear though.

Leo seems quite defensive, but I haven't played much of him so I can't really help you there.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realise you were a casual player. I'd probably recommend against Venom then, because he's fairly complicated (either that or I'm stupid, because I could never figure him out).

Sayad

Leo have both charged fireball and charge DP, but he's more of a rush-down character. He's one of the easiest characters to learn though despite having a stance.

I'm from Pakistan and just got the game. Would you happen to know which region this lobby is or how I can get invited?
Open lobbies are mostly made in UK 1 or France 1, those are the most active. When ever someone make a room, they share the room's code in a what's app group.
Add me on PSN: KefkaVI

We can check if our conecetion is good enough, though I doubt it, Pakistan to Bahrain might be too much for Middle East's crappy internet infrastructure and the game's delay based net-code. Worst case scenario we'd play some SFV. :D

Are there any characters like FANG from Street FIghter 5? A zoning character that has the mobility to do hit-and-run style play? Cause right now I am falling in love with I-No.

Also, is there a guide or a site with resources as to how each character plays and should ideally be played?

Leo have both charged fireball and charge DP, but he's more of a rush-down character. He's one of the easiest characters to learn though despite having a stance.

Open lobbies are mostly made in UK 1 or France 1, those are the most active. When ever someone make a room, they share the room's code in a what's app group.
Add me on PSN: KefkaVI

We can check if our conecetion is good enough, though I doubt it, Pakistan to Bahrain might be too much for Middle East's crappy internet infrastructure and the game's delay based net-code. Worst case scenario we'd play some SFV. :D
Cool, I'll send you an friend request when I get online. For whatever it's worth, I have played quite a few matches against UAE players including people from Bahrain in SF5 and for the most part, it was solid. There were a few stinkers though.

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Hol-ee Shit, just realized your avatar is I-No lol.

NEO0MJ

You joining this year, Sayad? I'll try to attend if I can.

Are there any characters like FANG from Street FIghter 5? A zoning character that has the mobility to do hit-and-run style play? Cause right now I am falling in love with I-No.

Due to the nature of the game there aren't really many true zoners in this game I feel.

Sayad

The closest thing to FANG would be Faust I think, in that he has good pokes, far range attack, projectile zooning/pressure/traps and a goofy character. He isn't a charge character though and really plays nothing like an SF character.

For resources, there are some good character specific youtube tutorials and general game mechanics, Guilty Gear Crash Course is a nice series. Dust Loop Wikki for character info, their character specific forums are kinda dead but the resources there are still useful depending on the character. Most of the community moved to discord with character specific servers, you can find them here:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12706-ggxrdr-character-discord-servers/

EDIT: Hol-ee Shit, just realized your avatar is I-No lol.
I-No is love, feel free to ask anything. :)

Slaythe

I mean, if he likes Fang, he should go for Raven.

Fairly easy character, ton of mobility, etc...
The others are a bit too hard for beginners.

Onemic

Also, is there a guide or a site with resources as to how each character plays and should ideally be played?

Everything Sayad said, plus the dustloop discord chat. If you go to the resources channel they have a collection of all the character discords, plus general info on GG. Most of the individual character discords also have their own resource channel that collects stuff like BnB's, character guides, etc. in one place just like how the forums used to do. If you dont see up to date info on the dustloop forums there's a very high chance therey're on discord. Plus you got good players you can ask directly for advice, so you probably wont have to wait eons like you would on a message board.

Waifu traitor. Before you were team Millia!

Ram is the ultimate waifu

Kikirin

Zoning in this game is generally more a means for getting in and mixing up safely than to do big damage, but the following have tools that can make getting in really frustrating:

- Faust: good pokes, various items, teleports.

- Venom: generally average mobility, but his billiard balls seem like they can cover just about anywhere with the right ball formations and/or normals to hit them. Can also teleport to balls that he previously set.

- May: her sea world friends (dolphin and seal) can make attempts to get in really annoying. Has a pseudo triple jump with her jumping Dust attack, and can ride dolphins to zip across the screen pretty quickly. Hits like a truck.

- Bedman: can control a lot of the screen between his boomerang trajectory projectiles, "deja vu" mechanic, and Necalli-esque ground spikes. Fast walk speed, relatively unconventional air movement, and anti-zoning teleport options.

- Dizzy: various projectile specials, can double air dash.

Thanks for the replies everyone, it's really helpful. I've been playing around with the cast and the characters I'm really liking are I-No, Johnny and Venom.

Venom because his projectile and set up game is incredibly fun.

Johnny because I love his moves plus he reminds me of Luong from KoF XIV.

I-No because she uses a guitar and is generally awesome.

Onemic

Thanks for the replies everyone, it's really helpful. I've been playing around with the cast and the characters I'm really liking are I-No, Johnny and Venom.

Venom because his projectile and set up game is incredibly fun.

Johnny because I love his moves plus he reminds me of Luong from KoF XIV.

I-No because she uses a guitar and is generally awesome.

If you're using Johnny be sure to check the dustloop wiki on how to properly play him. You have to be able to mist cancel normals consistently.

^ I will, thanks.

Gotta say this game is a lot deeper and tougher than I originally thought lol. But the game is just so freaking stylish and cool, I can't help but keep putting time into it.

Slaythe

^ I will, thanks.

Gotta say this game is a lot deeper and tougher than I originally thought lol. But the game is just so freaking stylish and cool, I can't help but keep putting time into it.

I would honestly just not recommend Johnny.

There are many characters in the game that let you be efficient despite being a beginner. With simpler set ups and combos. Where you can punish and defend yourself properly. It allows you to improve over time and not get too frustrated.

But Johnny, you kinda have to be great with him or it's done.

I would honestly just not recommend Johnny.

There are many characters in the game that let you be efficient despite being a beginner. With simpler set ups and combos. Where you can punish and defend yourself properly. It allows you to improve over time and not get too frustrated.

But Johnny, you kinda have to be great with him or it's done.
Well I mained FANG in SF5 despite it being my first "proper" street fighter game and I did all right. I've kinda noticed I tend to gravitate towards more lower tier, "requires more effort to win" type characters.

I do get what you're saying though, I'll most likely come back to him once I've gotten good at the game. Right now I am really enjoying I-no so I'll probably stick with her.

Onemic

Well I mained FANG in SF5 despite it being my first "proper" street fighter game and I did all right. I've kinda noticed I tend to gravitate towards more lower tier, "requires more effort to win" type characters.

I do get what you're saying though, I'll most likely come back to him once I've gotten good at the game. Right now I am really enjoying I-no so I'll probably stick with her.

Johnny definitely isnt low tier in any sense of the word. He's just really difficult to learn, like Zato.

HotHamBoy

HEY GANG I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU:

You still have her. When Dizzy was listed for free it was a seperate DLC listing from her paid version. They then delisted the free version, but if you claimed her then she is in your download history. You can check to confirm. The reason there is no download button is because it is an unlock key that was already registered to your account.

I went through this myself a few months ago.

Deimo5

The diorama mode is really cool though, and it lets you appreciate just how crazy the artstyle actually is. The only problem is that you need to fish for everything to use for them. When you start the diorama mode it'll ask you to select a character, and you'll get that character's base model for free, but nothing else.

I definitely think they made a mistake making it fishable only. Maybe they thought only people who play a lot would care about it?
I got all the items not long ago though if someone really wants it they could probably try through shareplay ha.
---
Suggesting characters based on street fighter is quite hard, but liking the varied posts. Sometimes elsewhere it's all just Sol and Ky lol.

Moyospeed

Neo Member
I picked this game up on the black Friday sale. I read in a couple forums this is a simpler guilty gear but I must say I'm a little overwhelmed with it lol. Maybe bc I've only ever really been into street fighter or mvc. Maybe I can find a solid beginner character. I tried chip and can immediately tell he's above my level to be good lol.

Top Bottom