• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is it odd that the quality of this thread makes me want to buy the game just cause?

Its a pretty damned good fighting game that gets rather intense. Its interesting the 2 vs 2 gameplay. If you are into competitive type of games this is something pretty unique. Or if you liked stuff like Virtual On.

Jomjom

Banned
yeah impossible, there are online trophies :(

If you have a physical copy, it should be fine to play offline on your US account. But yeah, looks impossible to get that platinum though due to the online trophies.

Darn, kind of disappointed, but who am I kidding I never would have gotten all the online trophies anyway.

Anyone know if the Penelope is going to be in the DLC? How the heck can you have the Xi, but not the Penelope?!?!?

I need these two suits in the game!

MSN-04-2.Sh.GIF

20101208102730!Rx-104ff.jpg

Also this (would never happen but I can dream):

tumblr_ms1cwuwWGK1s5oxc0o1_1280.jpg

The 10 000 yen PSN card on Play Asia is calling me so hard.
But I can't even find Full Boost on PSN so I'd better drop it before I spend a lot of money.

I even typed in ガンダムlike a proper moron and everything.

Beckx

Two things to help:

Solaris Japan has a better price on PSN cards ($107 vs $114) & the listings aren't up on PSN yet. :)

alright im going to pick up the game when I get my paycheck in february. PlayAsia still the best way to get the disc version of the game?

Check where AmiAmi is on price before you order.

alright im going to pick up the game when I get my paycheck in february. PlayAsia still the best way to get the disc version of the game?

Parakeetman

If you dont mind the fact that you might wind up with the Asian version sure. If you want the actual Japanese one AmiAmi is your best bet.

Its not like it really matters, but some folks are picky about that.

Darn, kind of disappointed, but who am I kidding I never would have gotten all the online trophies anyway.

Anyone know if the Penelope is going to be in the DLC? How the heck can you have the Xi, but not the Penelope?!?!?

I need these two suits in the game!

Eww at the 2nd suit. It looks like a Gundam had a baby with a Mobile Armor and that came out.

Two things to help:

Solaris Japan has a better price on PSN cards ($107 vs $114) & the listings aren't up on PSN yet. :)

Thanks!

I feel like I'm going to bite the bullet tomorrow morning. Sucks that other local accounts can't play it at all.

Anyone have any good recommendations on what to use the leftover 2020 digital yen on?

Parakeetman

Thanks!

I feel like I'm going to bite the bullet tomorrow morning. Sucks that other local accounts can't play it at all.

Anyone have any good recommendations on what to use the leftover 2020 digital yen on?

If you play JP games a lot, there should be some cheap digital PSP games or PS1 classics.

Beckx

Thanks!

Hopefully other local accounts can play offline.

If you like old school JRPGs, get the Phantasy Star complete collection in the PS2 section. All 4 games, all with English language options. Some of the best JRPGs of all time. Ever. Ever.

Thanks!

Gundam: ExVFB DLC? Lacus waifu or waifu of choice?

That reminds me, shame on Bamco for not putting Marina or Louise for waifu DLC.

Parakeetman

Is there going to be Day 1 playable suit DLC? Is it free only on release day?
Don't care about the character portrait window dressing stuff.

Yes Day 1 DLC is this the free DLC that is. If you read the OT you would have seen the information posted...

January 30 DLC
MSV - Johnny Ridden Zaku II High Mobility (2000 cost)
Gundam Seed Destiny - Lacus piloted Infinite Justice (1000 cost)

Also yes the EX-S is first print / pre-order DLC.

---

As celebration of this coming out in a few hours or so, here is the Openings and Endings of all Gundam Shows/OVA/Movies.

Endings is more than twice as long as Openings so it will take a while to watch lol.

Openings

Endings

Parakeetman

Oh fuck. I have 2 copies of Full boost arriving...

One is my Premium one which is the copy Im keeping, the other is the normal version that will also have the S Gundam DLC with it.

How in the hell did this happen D: I must have forgotten I pre-ordered the normal one waaaaaaay before finding out about the premium... shit.

Looks like Ill be having a normal version for sale then lol

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Thanks!

We don't know that yet, as the content isn't activated until JPN noon time (about 3 hours from now).
Mind that it's the first thing I'll test when it's ready to play :)

only 3 hours left! YAY :D

I just noticed Cronicle Asher doesn't even have a suit in this game. That's pretty funny.
We don't know that yet, as the content isn't activated until JPN noon time (about 3 hours from now).
Mind that it's the first thing I'll test when it's ready to play :)

only 3 hours left! YAY :D
Oh, I wonder where I got that idea from. I'll be waiting your confirmation.

This thread will probably be a hundred pages longer by the time I wake up though.

Parakeetman

Gaf should I drop by the local yodobashi camera in a bit to pick this game up?

Be there right when it opens. I remember doing stuff like that back in the days before going to work lol.

If you are in Shinjuku usually Sofmap doesnt run out as fast as Yodobashi for whatever the reason.

Jubern

Just got my delivery :D
Gotta love post service in Japan.

Now to actually start packing up my stuff for my my moving on Saturday morning play the game until I need to GTFO for work.

The Premium G Sound package is 1795Mo big ang the ExS is just a 100Ko unlock key.

iori9999

Banned
I've been wanting to purchase and learn EXVS for awhile but the problem is that I live in Midwestern US.. How is the connection to people in Asian countries from my area? If I were WC, I probably would have bought the previous edition..

Parakeetman

I've been wanting to purchase and learn EXVS for awhile but the problem is that I live in Midwestern US.. How is the connection to people in Asian countries from my area? If I were WC, I probably would have bought the previous edition..

Yeah dont worry bout being a US player, since as stated above me lots of other folks in the US who play. I think there might be more US people than those of us who are actually here in Japan lol

Come visit me in Chicago and let's play some splitscreen Gundamn.

Parakeetman

Just arrived. So thats what basically both versions look like. Premium on Left, Standard on Right.

Will be selling the Standard for 68.00 USD + Shipping costs. Will send out by EMS so buyer will have a tracking number. Buyer pays in advance. Paypal only.

Heres the GAF buy / sell feedback list. Do a search function for "Parakeetman" Complete transactions should actually be 3 and not 2. Not sure why it didnt get updated. D:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApNQZQRILGpxdHJsQnJ0TzFYcWY3VHR6ZElucm5UR1E#gid=0

*edit
figured id mention it in here first before going to the GAF market directly. Also am shipping this out from Tokyo, Japan. *Sorry had not added this in earlier.

Jubern

There's a small day one update, 9 Mo, and this may have been known but the install is about 2500 Mo, just under 5 minutes for me.

Parakeetman

How nice the game actually comes with a color manual too. More rare than tits on a bull back in the US...

I'm tempted to get this.
but my language ability is .... ><

Unless you really need to know what the characters are constantly screaming about then that won't harm your experience at all.

And that shit can be turned off I presume. I hope.

Oh shit, it can be turned off, right? Right?

Parakeetman

Dear god the premium G download is 1.8 G apparently its not actually something on the disc itself since i had to input a code for it.

You digital download guys got it made for the most part besides being able to go live from 12 pm

I can't think of a single Japanese game I own that doesn't have a color manual.

I know right?

Top Bottom