• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

NEO0MJ

Finally shipped from PA! Game will arrive late due to free shipping but I'd rather save the money than get it a week early, at least this time. I'm not regretting it, really!

Gamesharing works too like we imagined. Person that got the game has to get their own online pass otherwise it's good to go.
Oh yeah, and to reconfirm, you can play the game on other accounts on your console but you cannot play online unless it's a JP account so you can buy the online pass.
Thanks for that. I didn't think it would make sense for them to bar the game from other offline accounts (how the fuck would they know?!?) so I purchased the PSN cards even before the good news. Downloading!

Which of the places to buy this at has the cheapest shipping to Europe? And/or is there anywhere in Europe reselling it so I don't have to wait for it to come all the way from Japan?
I worked out that downloading is either more expensive than retail disc version by ~£3 or cheaper by ~£15 (if hit by UK customs) if you're not averse to that kind of thing (factoring in ¥10,000 card, remaining PSN credit and fuzzy ebay exchange rates).

The Solaris Japan guy told me I'd have the code within an hour of purchasing.

I think I've been had.

In any case, I added my PSN to the big list and already sent requests to some of you under the guise of GoodKatarn. Can't wait to play, so excited.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

I think I've been had.

In any case, I added my PSN to the big list and already sent requests to some of you under the guise of GoodKatarn. Can't wait to play, so excited.

Weird that it should take an hour to get. Since you can literally get PSN cards at most convenience stores and unless the guy is living in the middle of buttfuck nowhere that shouldnt be an issue.

Dat day 1 Kapool and Ex-S gameplay from earlier today with GAF.

Kapool - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGeHcDCzpjw
Ex-S - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEYS_4ZnoWg

Kapool gameplay awesome as always. I just woke back up had been up for 36 hrs prior. D:

Parakeetman

So for the others here who have gotten in some game time, whats your thoughts on how this compares to the previous title? As in any major changes or other small things you noticed?

It's not in my junk folder.... T_T

Wonder if you got put into a 2nd run for units being shipped out or something? :eek:

Seishin

Woohoo. Shipped from P-A and is currently in transit via FedEx. I got scared that my order might have gotten held up because of the chinese new year holiday, but it seems like there was nothing to worry about. Hopefully I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, ha.

Can't wait for it to get here.

AZUMIKE

How to put custom soundtrack for non moon speakers dumb/lazy version:

1. Press circle at briefing room
2. Select the bottom
3. Select second one that says BGM
4. Go to song and press circle (press triangle to preview)
5. Find song you want and press circle

You can press R1 on custom song to adjust volume

Could you adjust volume with R1 in vanilla EXVS?

Beckx

I think I've been had.

I've never had an issue with Jacob. Got my codes there (and have also ordered expensive kit like the Framemeister). It usually takes a few hours to a day. Hope you get yours soon!

I've never had an issue with Jacob. Got my codes there (and have also ordered expensive kit like the Framemeister). It usually takes a few hours to a day. Hope you get yours soon!

Yeah, I'm just being overdramatic for the fun of it. Since it's my first purchase there he also asked for ID proof so I'm guessing it'll take a while longer.

Edit: Whoo, got it. Downloading now. Can't contain the excitement!

Danj

EDIT: Actually I take that back, I think Nippon-Yasan is in the EU and they sell the game.

Excellent, they're cheaper than Play Asia or Yesasia and they have cheap but decent shipping too. Thanks!

Fake edit: just checked bank account, it will have to come out of next month's paycheck not this month's so I can't order it until end of February :(

Parakeetman

no unfortunately, not big on digital

Granted I have the physical, my main reason for going digital on occasion is to save my drive in my OG 60G PS3. D:

Until get extra funds to get a 2nd JP PS3, will have to consider more digital for the future. I went digital for Dragon Dragoon 3. As bad as the game was, I kinda wish I had a physical copy to collect just because I have 1 & 2 in the closet here. But man what a disappointment that game was...but I digress.

Looking forward to mixing it up on the weekend :D

Parakeetman

GAF I don't know what to pick, I can only buy one this or the jump victory vs. :(

You know this is a good game from all the talk here. We all dont know how Jump Victory Vs. will turn out. So if you want to go with a title that has existing legit hype Id say buy this one. But thats just me.

Reborns Gundam > Reborns Cannon > Reborns Gundam > Reborns Cannon > Reborns Gundam > Reborns Cannon > Reborns Gundam > Reborns Cannon

GAF I don't know what to pick, I can only buy one this or the jump victory vs. :(

Full Boost is actually a great game with gameplay time tested in the arcades. Jump Victory Vs looks like jank in comparison and I was looking forward to that as well.

solomon

I've played the gundam vs games a lot on psp and I'm looking at jump victory vs gameplay and it does seem meh.
Also I play my fighters with a ps1 pad (none analog) you don't need the analogs judging from OP control's picture right?

Parakeetman

I've played the gundam vs games a lot on psp and I'm looking at jump victory vs gameplay and it does seem meh.
Also I play my fighters with a ps1 pad (none analog) you don't need the analogs judging from OP control's picture right?

No you dont need to use the analog sticks and the directional pads work just fine. Was doing that earlier today with my copy as was too lazy to set up the FS with my desk currently being a mess of papers.

Ah mah gawd you guys, dis game, sooooo good.

Playing until 2 am last night was great. Feel like I am scrub at the game again, screwing up melee rushes, running out of boost, dropping combos. Everything is so different, but the interface improvements and menus and everything else make this a much better console experience than EXVS.

andymcc

Banned
Thanks for the BGM help above, Jubern and Kincaido.

Played for two or three hours last night, got too sleepy & sloppy to go on.

I'm having loads of fun playing with Gyan for some reason.

solomon

Aight thanks guys, I'll order it soon. I don't know I single person who plays this, so I should probably start adding people from the GAF list. Haha now I'm sort of hyped.

Parakeetman

Aight thanks guys, I'll order it soon. I don't know I single person who plays this, so I should probably start adding people from the GAF list. Haha now I'm sort of hyped.

Am sure you will have a good time. The Gundam GAF group here are a great bunch of folks.

Yes even the ones who like Seed.

Thanks for the BGM help above, Jubern and Kincaido.

Played for two or three hours last night, got too sleepy & sloppy to go on.

I'm having loads of fun playing with Gyan for some reason.

It's because Gyan is awesome.

tumblr_mwhj2t50OU1ruzmn9o1_400.gif

Ken

Reading through the OP, I get that the game is built around 2v2. Playing offline is there an option for bots or only 1v1. Is 1v1 really no good?

Parakeetman

Reading through the OP, I get that the game is built around 2v2. Playing offline is there an option for bots or only 1v1. Is 1v1 really no good?

As someone else mentioned before the game really isnt designed for 1vs1 combat.

There is an option to play against AI in free battle and offline split screen.

Still the game is designed to be played 2v2 and you need to go online for that.

andymcc

Banned
Can someone translate this error? I can't play ranked or player match, these keeps showing up. I've reinstalled the game and pretty sure I have the online pass already:

You don't have the online pass.

Do you have the premium G pack? there is another download you need to get.

"Disc Only"

OK Hong Kong store, this isn't cool. I see the DLC but you need to update this shit right now.

Oh god oh god please don't let me have bought these HK codes for nothing oh god oh god.

Beckx

School is out today so I am doing the only thing a responsible parent can do: raising the kids on giant robots.

iyjLmNa81mKbn.jpg

You don't have the online pass.

Do you have the premium G pack? there is another download you need to get.

Can you elaborate? Last night I chose the option to let the 3 files download and install and went to bed. This morning I didn't have time to check whether online worked - is there a 4th file I'll need when I get home?

Parakeetman

Can someone translate this error? I can't play ranked or player match, these keeps showing up. I've reinstalled the game and pretty sure I have the online pass already:

It says

"The Data Download has failed."

Cant really help you past that considering dont know what the flow is which gets to that message.

Seems like you are not the only one. Others in Japan have reported it also. 2 separate questions in around the past 30 minutes give or take. But no answer yet. Hopefully this is just some sort of temporary issue and if its a more serious one we will see an announcement on the official PS3 page.

School is out today so I am doing the only thing a responsible parent can do: raising the kids on giant robots.

iyjLmNa81mKbn.jpg

Parenting Like A Boss

haha so awesome dude.

Top Bottom