• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

School is out today so I am doing the only thing a responsible parent can do: raising the kids on giant robots.

iyjLmNa81mKbn.jpg

I wish you were my dad.

andymcc

Banned
Can you elaborate? Last night I chose the option to let the 3 files download and install and went to bed. This morning I didn't have time to check whether online worked - is there a 4th file I'll need when I get home?

Well, mine was giving me the same error message until I did that 3 file download and that seemed to fix it.

There is also another online pass individual download, maybe you need that too.

Ryuukan

Well, mine was giving me the same error message until I did that 3 file download and that seemed to fix it.

There is also another online pass individual download, maybe you need that too.

The store doesnt do anything when I click the online pass, no download or activation

JKTrix

Nope, and it was the reason the feature was pretty much useless.
This is pretty major, I might actually put some effort into custom soundtracks this time.

Playin this at 480p on a 19inch computer monitor at work with a DS4 plugged in, hohoho. Get like 30 second bits of time, but in a few minutes it will be lunch...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
weird. and it installed the other package?

maybe you should try redownloading the Premium G files and see if that helps.

The error seems to be MP related which means that its related to the online pass. With that being said all the Premium G files have is the music in it and should not be related to the online pass itself, which should be a separate item.

The store doesnt do anything when I click the online pass, no download or activation

weird. and it installed the other package?

maybe you should try redownloading the Premium G files and see if that helps.

from the OT said:
ONLINE PASS
Yes, this game does feature an online pass in order to access all the online features. This pass is also apparently region locked, so you will have to use a Japanese PSN account in order to play online. Because there are several ways to purchase the game, the following will guide you on how to set up the online pass.​

How to set up the online pass (from gamefaqs) http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641161-kidou-senshi-gundam-extreme-vs/68361375

In order to enjoy the online modes of this software, EXVSFB, it is now necessary to have an online pass for the game. The method for registering the pass is different based on whether you purchased the packaged version or the download version, so please refer to the following directions for your edition.

PACKAGE VERSION:
The first time you attempt to connect to any of the game's online modes, the game will ask for your product code. When this happens, please reference the included Online Pass ticket that came inside the game package and enter the code on the ticket.

DOWNLOAD VERSION (NON-PREORDER):
The online pass will automatically be registered to the Sony Entertainment Network account you used to purchase the game. No special procedure is required.

DOWNLOAD VERSION (PREORDER):
The EXVSFB online pass will need to be downloaded separately from the game software itself. Only the SEN account that has the preorder on file can download this pass at no cost. At some point on January 30th 2014 the Online Pass will be made available for download for these users.

Method 1: Navigate to "Kidou Senshi Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost Preorder Tokuten" in the PSN Store. Under 'accompanying content', the online pass will be available for download. (It is also assumed that this is where the Premium G Sound pack will be located as well)
Method 2: The first time you attempt to connect to any of the game's online modes, the game will ask for your product code. Select 'No' on this window, which will proceed to the purchase menu. If you are logged into the SEN account which preordered the game, the cost of the first online pass will be free.​

Hopefully that'll help somewhat.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've been playing multiplayer (team shuffle) with randoms for good 2 hours today and this is the best I could do:
h1g0c36.jpg

I was able to win only 3 games and twice it was because my partner was awesome.

Why am I so terrible at this game :(

To those people who ordered with NCSX:

Lunar New Year Update - January 30, 2014
We learned late yesterday that our building management decided to shut down the entire office building for the Lunar New Year tomorrow. Apparently, there were enough tenants reporting that they wouldn't be open for business on Friday that the management decided to not open the building tomorrow.

Our weekly Japanese import shipment is already en route for delivery but UPS rescheduled the shipment to tomorrow and as luck would have it, they won't be able to access the building on Friday. We'll check today if we can reschedule the delivery for Saturday but if that's not possible for a shipment that's already in transit, please note that preorders for this week's new releases will ship on Monday. Apologies for this unexpected issue.

I've been playing multiplayer (team shuffle) with randoms for good 2 hours today and this is the best I could do:
h1g0c36.jpg

I was able to win only 3 games and twice it was because my partner was awesome.

Why am I so terrible at this game :(

Heavyarms is a pretty quirky suit to begin with. It's all good. :)

andymcc

Banned
To those people who ordered with NCSX:

While it's cool their upfront with their customers, they always seem to have these circumstances that are out of their control in regards to pre-orders. I've had so many things delayed from initial shipment due to weather, misrouted packages, etc.

According to some dudes on GameFaqs, Sengoku Basara 4 had a "Disc Only", so maybe this shit with the Hong Kong store is temporary.

I hope. Gundam is my thing. I really want to play this game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Heavyarms is a pretty quirky suit to begin with. It's all good. :)
I've been cycling between Banshee, Unicorn and HA all night and in the end decided to just roll with the latter, because I've spent quite a lot of time with it when I re-bought ExVs two weeks ago.
The other and more important reason was me thinking "Okay, I'm terrible anyway. This way I can at least provide some long range support. Plus, since the suit is only 2k, me dying won't hurt the team so much."

At least using wired connection on my PS3 made my quality green (blue after restarting the router) compared to yellow on wireless.

Is the constant yammering and screaming of the characters necessary to the game in any way? Like are some of those tells for enemy attacks and stuff? I'm considering just turning them off from the get go.

Download faster!

Parakeetman

I've been cycling between Banshee, Unicorn and HA all night and in the end decided to just roll with the latter, because I've spent quite a lot of time with it when I re-bought ExVs two weeks ago.
The other and more important reason was me thinking "Okay, I'm terrible anyway. This way I can at least provide some long range support. Plus, since the suit is only 2k, me dying won't hurt the team so much."

At least using wired connection on my PS3 made my quality green (blue after restarting the router) compared to yellow on wireless.

Yeah the game does not seem to like wireless at all. Well the previous one anyways, with me having a red rating at the time. Wired brought it up to max.

Enron

Banned
No problems getting online here. I joined a random room via quick match, searched for and joined both a Team Hold and Shuffle room, and created my own room as a test. Still sitting in said room.

Ezalc

So I was just thinking, humor me for a second here. Everybody knows Del Toro loves gundam and some of the mechs in Pacific Rim shows this. Am I the only one who thinks Gipsy Danger DLC would be awesome?

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
No problems getting online here. I joined a random room via quick match, searched for and joined both a Team Hold and Shuffle room, and created my own room as a test. Still sitting in said room.

Really? I can't get online at all. It just gives me an error and kicks me out, so I just assumed the servers were slammed or something.

Parakeetman

So I was just thinking, humor me for a second here. Everybody knows Del Toro loves gundam and some of the mechs in Pacific Rim shows this. Am I the only one who thinks Gipsy Danger DLC would be awesome?

All of the robots in pacific rim looked pretty terrible personally. Great movie & think Guillermo del Toro is a fantastic director, but yeah they do not belong anywhere near a Gundam game sorry.

Too big, the scale would be completely off for a playable. It could be a mobile armor boss type, maybe. But that's some SRW scaling jankery there.

Parakeetman

Got my shipping confirmation yesterday from AmiAmi. I'm on the east coast so I have no idea when I'll see that thang.

If its via EMS its usually around a week or sometimes less. Though thats going off personal experience sending stuff to DC via EMS.

Beth Cyra

Wut? Naw, mang, the HA is totally a close-range, rushdown suit.

For reference.

But, nah, I'm just messing with you. Play it however you want.

Heavyarms RD is some of the most fun shit to watch in the game.

I tried to use him, but damn HA was just to much for me. My bro even dedicated him as his main and even after months of use he was never able to get full control over the suit.

Any Streams going currently?

MechaX

"Just order from NCS," Donkey said. "I've never had a problem with them before," Donkey said.

Fucking bastard planned this shit.

DONKEY, I swear to god when I get this game in my hands, the amount of Newtype Salt Discharges will be more intense and radiant than ten thousand fold of ZZ's CSb's!

Mecha: that's you like always, though.

I have ascended to a level beyond "Salty EXVS player." I call it "Salty EXVS Player level 2."

Ezalc

Aw man, I liked Gipsy Danger :(. It's not as agile as many of the Gundam units obviously but I think it'd be fun to play as. I guess I just really want a Pacific Rim game.

Parakeetman

"Just order from NCS," Donkey said. "I've never had a problem with them before," Donkey said.

Fucking bastard planned this shit.

DONKEY, I swear to god when I get this game in my hands, the amount of Newtype Salt Discharges will be more intense and radiant than ten thousand fold of ZZ's CSb's!

I have ascended to a level beyond "Salty EXVS player." I call it "Salty EXVS Player level 2."

lol god tier post.

Potential Sale in Progress.
Also the extra copy I had of EX Full Boost standard edition is back up on the market.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98974076&postcount=1882

Top Bottom