• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Tayaya

Thanks for the updates on the NCS situation guys - I hadn't had a chance to hit up their site yet today but was wondering why they hadn't emailed me to let me know that my order had shipped. They've been my importer of choice almost exclusively since the early Dreamcast days when all of the Chicago area stores closed up shop.

It sucks that delays like this happen but they really are a good company and they have never done me wrong. When my PAL Shenmue II had a bad disc, they swapped it out no questions asked. When my Japanese PS2 died they helped arrange a repair even though I didn't buy it from them.

As eager as I am to get my hands on the game, I have many others I can work on in the meantime, so it's not a huge deal!

Finally!

Did a little practice match as Kshatriya already. Dualshock 3 probably is not the best way to play this game. It'll do for now but shielding and dashing doesn't come out perfectly as often as I would like to. Gonna have to check out what my options are for a better controller.

Also I already got three trophies for fuck knows what.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Finally!

Did a little practice match as Kshatriya already. Dualshock 3 probably is not the best way to play this game. It'll do for now but shielding and dashing doesn't come out perfectly as often as I would like to. Gonna have to check out what my options are for a better controller.

Feel proud, since one trophy is for starting up the game lol

Shouta

Finally!

With a bit more practice it should come out more consistently for you. I wouldn't give up on it too son especially if you look at the stick prices, lol.

Parakeetman

There is? I had no idea. I wish that somebody would make a Godzilla destroy all monsters type thing for Pacific Rim, but you know actually awesome.

Check my post below his, linked you to a YT vid of what the gameplay looks like.

NeOak

"Just order from NCS," Donkey said. "I've never had a problem with them before," Donkey said.

Fucking bastard planned this shit.

DONKEY, I swear to god when I get this game in my hands, the amount of Newtype Salt Discharges will be more intense and radiant than ten thousand fold of ZZ's CSb's!

I have ascended to a level beyond "Salty EXVS player." I call it "Salty EXVS Player level 2."

OMFG LOL

I ordered from NCS too ;-;

Parakeetman

So I was just thinking, humor me for a second here. Everybody knows Del Toro loves gundam and some of the mechs in Pacific Rim shows this. Am I the only one who thinks Gipsy Danger DLC would be awesome?

gipsy_gundam_by_kiatxkiat-d6e5qwd.png

KILL IT WITH FIRE & NUKE IT FROM ORBIT

Added my PSN info to the spreadsheet. I'm terrible enough that I'm not even the number one player in our household tournaments
(that would be my eight year old daughter, who mains Turn A)

Ezalc

Check my post below his, linked you to a YT vid of what the gameplay looks like.
Oh I didn't notice.

Here I thought these guys were slipping not to make something like this.

KILL IT WITH FIRE & NUKE IT FROM ORBIT

Amazing. If only SRW were more like these gundam games, having a bunch of awesome mecha fight it out like this would be sweet as hell.

BYp6OeICYAIgAJY.jpg

The day EXVS came in I got a whole five minutes before they took over. They are so excited for Full Boost I almost can't break the delay news to them.

remist

Great informative OP, this has definitely caught my interest, but I can't decide if I can justify spending $90. How high is the learning curve for online multiplayer if you haven't played any of the earlier installments?

Is this that bad?

Why can't we get awesome developers to work on these things? :(

I own it. It's HORRIBLE.

You'd think they would just take the Gundam Vs. engine and reskin the mecha with OG mobile suits... nope. The game is severely broken.

Last gen Another Century's Episode was all right. Not PS3's R though, avoid at all costs.

Gundam Unicorn on the PS3 is basically a spiritual successor to ACE. Same development team at FROM Software. Great game.

Beckx

BYp6OeICYAIgAJY.jpg

The day EXVS came in I got a whole five minutes before they took over. They are so excited for Full Boost I almost can't break the delay news to them.

Haha, this is great.

----------------------

Hey, since I can't play around with the Premium G soundtrack at the moment, does anyone know if the following two songs are in:

1) the one that plays during the battle for Jaburo in Gundam Movie II, and 2) the one that plays after Amuro kills Lalah (and several other places) in Gundam Movie III (which probably wouldn't be the greatest battle music ever but hey Just Love is in so....)

It's only $30 on Amazon right now with Prime shipping. Think it's worth it? I've watched video and it definitely looks cool.

It's one of my favorite PS3 games of all time and the only game I ever bothered to Platinum. If you like Gundam, it's definitely worth it.

Also gets some PSN moonbucks to pick up a good chunk of the DLC.

Ezalc

I own it. It's HORRIBLE.

You'd think they would just take the Gundam Vs. engine and reskin the mecha with OG mobile suits... nope. The game is severely broken.

Gundam Unicorn on the PS3 is basically a spiritual successor to ACE. Same development team at FROM Software. Great game.

How disappointing. That's basically what I mean though, get Gundam Vs engine and then let the crossover ridiculousness begin. It'd be glorious. Put in some Big O and Gurren Lagann in there too. Is the third ACE game any good? Looks like it's on ps2 and it has G Gundam units so that looks interesting.

I heard the Unicorn PS3 game was awful?

"Just order from NCS," Donkey said. "I've never had a problem with them before," Donkey said.

Fucking bastard planned this shit.

DONKEY, I swear to god when I get this game in my hands, the amount of Newtype Salt Discharges will be more intense and radiant than ten thousand fold of ZZ's CSb's!

x1l1emH.gif

x1l1emH.gif

x1l1emH.gif

I sympathize with those who are dealing with delays from NCS, and I will refrain from posting pictures of my copy out of respect.

but I did get my copy this morning, yay

Beth Cyra

How disappointing. That's basically what I mean though, get Gundam Vs engine and then let the crossover ridiculousness begin. It'd be glorious. Put in some Big O and Gurren Lagann in there too. Is the third ACE game any good? Looks like it's on ps2 and it has G Gundam units so that looks interesting.

I heard the Unicorn PS3 game was awful?

ACE 3 is probably the best game in the series, it also introduced Super Robots to the series with Shin Getter.

However it must be said that G Gundam isn't really in the game. It's only God and Master that are. They also don't really have much to do with the story and are side characters in the vain of Wing Gundam Zero EW.

As for Unicorn PS3, some really love it as demonstarted in this thread. I however found it to be pretty bad, and unlike others feel it's a major step back from ACE 1/2/3. When I started up Unicorn it never felt right in the way ACE 2/3 did and the links to the DLC made it nearly impossible to play with out it pissing me off. So many menu options are DLC and it's right infront of your face, not something you can turn off (or at least I never found it) and on top of all that it doesn't cover all of Unicorn.

Having a playable Delta Kai/Delta Gundam would have been awesome, but sadly I never made it past the second mission with Khys.

Ezalc

ACE 3 is probably the best game in the series, it also introduced Super Robots to the series with Shin Getter.

However it must be said that G Gundam isn't really in the game. It's only God and Master that are in the game. They also don't really have much to do with the story and are side characters in the vain of Wing Gundam Zero EW.

As for Unicorn PS3, some really love it as demonstarted in this thread. I however found it to be pretty bad, and unlike others feel it's a major step back from ACE 1/2/3. When I started up Unicorn it never felt right in the way ACE 2/3 did and the links to the DLC made it nearly impossible to play with out it pissing me off. So many menu options are DLC and it's right infront of your face, not something you can turn off (or at least I never found it) and on top of all that it doesn't cover all of Unicorn.

Having a playable Delta Kai/Delta Gundam would have been awesome, but sadly I never made it past the second mission with Khys.

I see, I will now one day buy ACE 3.

Yeah I heard some similar things about the UC game. That everything good you need to grind or something to be able to get enough money to buy or something like that.

Beth Cyra

I see, I will now one day buy ACE 3.

Yeah I heard some similar things about the UC game. That everything good you need to grind or something to be able to get enough money to buy or something like that.

Just be careful when you do. Admittedly I think G Gundam and by extension God/Master are garbage so I'm not sure of their load out, but if they are anything like Wing Zero be very weary of Unlocking Limiters. This takes a fun game and turns in to a snoozfest.

Wing Zero for example has an infinite supply of Rolling Twin Buster Rifle, and given it's strength you just fly into a zone and completely obliterate everything inside of it with a single attack. God and Master may be able to avoid this pitfall simply because I don't know if they have such a gigantic AOE, but even still you might want to avoid it.

I think I just ruined three matches for people. Some of the stuff that happens in the fights looks insanely cool - as if you have just pulled off some real newtype shit. In my case those were just out of pure luck but just imagining that some people have trained to be able to pull this stuff off makes me want to practice a lot as well.

I thought I could easily pick the suits I want to play but when you have 101 of them in your face you kind of can't.

Kind of surprised at how similar this is with Next Plus. Which I guess is a good thing because I'm at least somewhat familiar with what's going on. Otherwise it'd be like me playing Dota or something and being terrified of the whole ordeal.

Must get as much game time in as possible before the semester starts next week.

Edit: What's the deal with Alex? You have to wear down the armor with ranged and when it's shed you can melee it?

Jomjom

Banned
You go into the BGM Edit, chose a song and then press circle one more time to display the list of songs present on your PS3. There will be a "Premium G Sound" folder with everything in it. That's all you can do with those, you can't even listen to them out of the game or anything.

Wait... So it would actually be better to buy those songs off iTunes or something and just put them into your PS3's music folder then?

However it must be said that G Gundam isn't really in the game. It's only God and Master that are. They also don't really have much to do with the story and are side characters in the vain of Wing Gundam Zero EW.

Oooh what about ACER? I have that in my backlog, haven't had a chance to pop it in yet.

Ezalc

Just be careful when you do. Admittedly I think G Gundam and by extension God/Master are garbage so I'm not sure of their load out, but if they are anything like Wing Zero be very weary of Unlocking Limiters. This takes a fun game and turns in to a snoozfest.

Wing Zero for example has an infinite supply of Rolling Twin Buster Rifle, and given it's strength you just fly into a zone and completely obliterate everything inside of it with a single attack. God and Master may be able to avoid this pitfall simply because I don't know if they have such a gigantic AOE, but even still you might want to avoid it.

Some of the fun will come from playing non gundam units like the Nirvash and I think there's come units from Code Geass in it as well.

Beth Cyra

Wait... So it would actually be better to buy those songs off iTunes or something and just put them into your PS3's music folder then?

Oooh what about ACER? I have that in my backlog, haven't had a chance to pop it in yet.

Ugh god no. I would say avoid ACE R like the plague if you enjoyed ACE 2/3. The cast list is heavily reduced, many series being completely absent (Wing, EW, G Gundam, X) and while it does make up for that with some new stuff like Ful Metal Panic and Aquarion the balance of the game is terrible.

The whole thing feels like a rush job, and such a complete step back from ACE 2/3 that it's just impossible to tell people they should give it a shot over other much better games.

Sadly ACE Portable falls into this exact same problem. At least for me, FROM's ACE team has had one failure after a next since ACE R. R, Unicorn, and Portable all fail to live up to ACE 2/3.

Some of the fun will come from playing non gundam units like the Nirvash and I think there's come units from Code Geass in it as well.

Then you should be in for a treat. Not all units have the problem that Zero presents with becoming overpowered. I also greatly enjoy Macross Plus and never had an issue using Issamu's unit so it's likely you will be able to find one that has good balance of power/fun.

Top Bottom