• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Shouta

IEdit: What's the deal with Alex? You have to wear down the armor with ranged and when it's shed you can melee it?

Consider the armor an extra life bar that comes at the expense of some of your moves and your mobility. You use it either at range to soak up shots if you're on the run or use it in close while meleeing to absorb shots or prevent them from counterattacking you as you go in.

Reverse is true like bag points out. Shred up the armor with your ranged before going ham on her.

I give up. I doubt they'll put it up on the Hong Kong store today, if at all. I guess I'll just buy Shin Musou for my Gundam fix and wait another month to scrounge up some funds.

I've been hyped for so long, now it's time to let the salt flow :(

Ezalc

Ugh god no. I would say avoid ACE R like the plague if you enjoyed ACE 2/3. The cast list is heavily reduced, many series being completely absent (Wing, EW, G Gundam, X) and while it does make up for that with some new stuff like Ful Metal Panic and Aquarion the balance of the game is terrible.

The whole thing feels like a rush job, and such a complete step back from ACE 2/3 that it's just impossible to tell people they should give it a shot over other much better games.

Sadly ACE Portable falls into this exact same problem. At least for me, FROM's ACE team has had one failure after a next since ACE R. R, Unicorn, and Portable all fail to live up to ACE 2/3.

Then you should be in for a treat. Not all units have the problem that Zero presents with becoming overpowered. I also greatly enjoy Macross Plus and never had an issue using Issamu's unit so it's likely you will be able to find one that has good balance of power/fun.

Ooh nice. Gundam is great but it's always fun to check out other series.

I was going to ask about portable next, thankfully you covered it. How disappointing. Guess I'll get ACE 3 eventually.

Build Fighters almost makes me want to start gunpla building, almost. Only reason why I don't do it is because I want to have battles and shit with the figures so they'd probably break if I were to try and do what I do with action figures.

Ken

My copy is still in Tokyo. ;_;

Build Fighters almost makes me want to start gunpla building, almost. Only reason why I don't do it is because I want to have battles and shit with the figures so they'd probably break if I were to try and do what I do with action figures.

Build Fighters got me to pick up 4 new kits: 3 HGBFs and 1 RG.

Looks like we are having more meltdowns here about shipping status than a Zudah in a test flight.

I thought I would regret going with the digital version but nope. This game will be such a mainstay in my library that swapping in a disk whenever I'm in the mood for some good old gundam whacking would be bothersome.

It's not like the box art is particularly pretty anyway.

sounds like you are on backorder eh? D: Did you pre-order late or something?

No preorder. Wasn't originally planning to get this but PS4 drought has me back on the ps3 and i love gundam vs. Got a fair deal on ebay but i had expected it to ship by now. I cheaped out on shipping hence the 3 weeks.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I thought I would regret going with the digital version but nope. This game will be such a mainstay in my library that swapping in a disk whenever I'm in the mood for some good old gundam whacking would be bothersome.

It's not like the box art is particularly pretty anyway.

I really should have gone digital to help keep my OG 60G PS3 alive but couldnt help having that collectors bug still in me so got a physical copy instead. Thanks to me being an idiot its how I wound up with 2 physical copies lol

No preorder. Wasn't originally planning to get this but PS4 drought has me back on the ps3 and i love gundam vs. Got a fair deal on ebay but i had expected it to ship by now. I cheaped out on shipping hence the 3 weeks.

Man thats pretty rought tho 3 weeks. D:

Some fun GundamGAF IRC chat with disconnect issues.

23:20 Dun - yeah the moment i get with dongs in a match it crashes
23:20 DONGS - yeah i think i'll just play by myself for a while

x1l1emH.gif

Parakeetman

Some fun GundamGAF IRC chat with disconnect issues.

x1l1emH.gif

lol but D: at the word of crashes.

So thats like a step up from the weird disconnects we were getting then eh? since dont recall anyone crashed out the night before launch.

wonder whats causing it.

look forward to some matches over the weekend! :D

lol but D: at the word of crashes.

So thats like a step up from the weird disconnects we were getting then eh? since dont recall anyone crashed out the night before launch.

wonder whats causing it.

look forward to some matches over the weekend! :D

Well, not game crash. Just disconnects like last time. Just more of a connection incompatibility.

Parakeetman

Well, not game crash. Just disconnects like last time. Just more of a connection incompatibility.

Ah ok thank god. For a second there thought we had our first actual problem with the game. Glad to hear its not a real crash :) That was an odd situation though that night since when we tested it with different players hosting it worked on / off for folks. Odd D:

TehWhite

Neo Member
mine didn't ship from nippon yasan yet it" says " Preparation in progress" as of today. but it doesn't even matter cause as of tues night seems like my ps3 is bricked -.- . it freezes as soon i turn it on at xmb . I've restored it about 3 times and that hasn't done anything. I also can't get the ps3 into safe mode. So I don't know what to do now. Might have to save a buy another ps3 =/ . I've just been starring at dbz:boz and soon i'll be starrign at undam fullboost .

Luigi87

Dear Nippon-Yasan, many have said you're slow to ship, so do the world a favour and prove them wrong. Ship me my game. In doing so I could be getting blown up, and starting to learn how to not get blown up, on Monday... Just end this processing non-sense and deliver unto me my Mobile Suits.

Sincerely, Gundam Fodder #56344

mine didn't ship from nippon yasan yet it" says " Preparation in progress" as of today. but it doesn't even matter cause as of tues night seems like my ps3 is bricked -.- . it freezes as soon i turn it on at xmb . I've restored it about 3 times and that hasn't done anything. I also can't get the ps3 into safe mode. So I don't know what to do now. Might have to save a buy another ps3 =/ . I've just been starring at dbz:boz and soon i'll be starrign at undam fullboost .

Same in regards to NY order. Sucks about your PS3 >_< -- Wonder if maybe your HDD is failing?

TehWhite

Neo Member
Dear Nippon-Yasan, many have said you're slow to ship, so do the world a favour and prove them wrong. Ship me my game. In doing so I could be getting blown up, and starting to learn how to not get blown up, on Monday... Just end this processing non-sense and deliver unto me my Mobile Suits.

Sincerely, Gundam Fodder #56344

Same in regards to NY order. Sucks about your PS3 >_< -- Wonder if maybe your HDD is failing?

its either that or the last update could of bricked it. I don't even rem what firmware it was on. =/ . I guess I could try and buy a new hard drive but i dont want to lose all my saves n stuff.

Luigi87

its either that or the last update could of bricked it. I don't even rem what firmware it was on. =/ . I guess I could try and buy a new hard drive but i dont want to lose all my saves n stuff.

Ugh, that's possible.
I had a firmware update brick my system before (during an overnight update), and unfortunately the only way to restore without losing data is having a second hard drive on hand that you can reinstall the latest firmware via USB, and then swapping back to the original HDD once you get to the setup.

Edit: Also, just finished watching that compilation of all Gundam openings (crime that Build hasn't been added yet!)
lol, wow, I enjoyed SEED as a series, but damn. Once it gets to SEED, you can tell it was their first foray into digital animation, and it was not pretty, especially after watching all those hand drawn classic animation openings from the 90s.
SEED Destiny openings got better (in comparison), yet we know how that went as a series. -- It's funny though, watching the SEED Destiny openings I thought "This series started pretty good..." and then it gets later on, and Kira takes the spotlight, and it's like a metaphor for everything that went wrong in the show.

Edit 2: And yet AGE is still worse o_o -- my friend brought up a good point to me. AGE pretty much killed Gundam for me, and prevented me from having anything to do with the series for a while. He spent months trying to convince me to check Build Fighters, until I finally did which reinvigorated my passion for this series on the whole @_@ -- and since watching it, I went and re-ordered this, a MG Hi-Nu kit, and a few things related.

It's funny though, watching the SEED Destiny openings I thought "This series started pretty good..." and then it gets later on, and Kira takes the spotlight, and it's like a metaphor for everything that went wrong in the show.

Yeah the first 20 episodes or so of Destiny are quite good IMO. I almost enjoyed it more than SEED at times to be honest. After that though everything started going downhill and it just never recovered.

IronLich

Tried out Hyaku Shiki who I mained in NEXT anyway.

Not liking that they took out Clay Bazooka being an ender to a melee combo. That right there was good damage. I guess I'll have to settle for 2B crumple into it instead, and I'm not sure it's much extra damage anyway.

You can dash cancel Air Mega Bazooka, and just leave it hanging while it fires! That is so dirty! It makes sense you can't do that to the ground version. At least you can bend it now.

Add RADRADEX to your PSN if you're looking for a scrub of the Northeast U.S.

Beckx

Hey, since I can't play around with the Premium G soundtrack at the moment, does anyone know if the following two songs are in:

1) the one that plays during the battle for Jaburo in Gundam Movie II, and 2) the one that plays after Amuro kills Lalah (and several other places) in Gundam Movie III (which probably wouldn't be the greatest battle music ever but hey Just Love is in so....)

And the answer is: yes to both!

C-Drive

Build Fighters is...
eMJTG.gif

But each series have their own fans for their own reasons so its such a particular question for each person.

If you hate anime, stay away from SEED.

Well, if you're not into anime that big...there's always....G-Saviour

Parakeetman

36% there.

I've never seen a Gundam show (not huge into anime, but I do like manga.)

Quick GAF, what's the consensus best series?

08th MS Team / MS Igloo / The original series / Chars Counterattack.

For recent stuff though Build Fighter is pretty awesome, though not being familiar with the series a lot of inside jokes might go right over your head.

Build Fighters is...
eMJTG.gif

But each series have their own fans for their own reasons so its such a particular question for each person.

If you hate anime, stay away from SEED.

I don't hate it! Just, I fell off back when I got into it in 2007ish.

My 3 favorite anime series of all time are:
1. Berserk
2. Maison Ikkoku
3. Beck

I like things grounded in reality more than magic/moe stuff.

36% there.

I've never seen a Gundam show (not huge into anime, but I do like manga.)

Quick GAF, what's the consensus best series?

Wait for Gundam The Origin series to come out which will be announced soon.

But if you can't wait then the OVAs are a good place to start.

Gundam Unicorn is godly. Gundam Wing was very popular in US during the Toonami era.

G Gundam is all good fighting fun. 00 is my personal favorite but might not be for everyone.

Turn A Gundam is meh

Zeta and ZZ Gundam is good overall if you like mostly happy endings.

Seed is decent but avoid Destiny outside of the last 10 episodes.

Skip Igloo and Victory Gundam.

Of course can't end it off without saying YOU NEED TO WATCH BUILD FIGHTERS!

dwix

08th MS Team is definitely my favorite of the ones I've seen. I'm six episodes into SEED, and am excited to see why it is so polarizing ;)

Top Bottom