• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

NEO0MJ

stanley1993

Neo Member
That Gundam is Prometheus. It is the next Gundam in the line of Heavyarms, though it's only at 80% complete. The suit comes from the novels Frozen Teardrop, and has had several pilots.

As it stands it puts both Heavyarms Kai and Leopard Destroy to absolute shame. On top of all that, that Giant Cross actually houses a Nuclear War head as well as being a crazy Gatling weapon.

Have they shown any pictures of Snow White yet?

i tried playing some online matches but most of the time i think i was kicked ...also there were times where i was unable to join any team, can anyone explain why?

Shouta

i tried playing some online matches but most of the time i think i was kicked ...also there were times where i was unable to join any team, can anyone explain why?

Look for US/EU rooms. Most JP rooms only want to pay with folks that have blue connections to them. In shuffle rooms if there's an uneven number of folks, you'll get shoved into a non-full game.

Also, some rooms have minimum connection requirements which will auto-boot you if you fall below.

Also, I think the Prometheus looks TERRIBLE.

Look for US/EU rooms. Most JP rooms only want to pay with folks that have blue connections to them. In shuffle rooms if there's an uneven number of folks, you'll get shoved into a non-full game.

Also, some rooms have minimum connection requirements which will auto-boot you if you fall below.

Also, I think the Prometheus looks TERRIBLE.

thanks for the tips

what if i'm still being kicked in those EU/US rooms? i remenber yesterday triying to enter one that said "USA" and after triying entering i was immediately kicked

i Live im peru so i asume my connection even against US and EU players is not blue....connection quality is always yellow so...

Shouta

thanks for the tips

what if i'm still being kicked in those EU/US rooms? i remenber yesterday triying to enter one that said "USA" and after triying entering i was immediately kicked

i Live im peru so i asume my connection even against US and EU players is not blue....connection quality is always yellow so...

Play with GAF then? Or you could start a rom and see if folks come in.

thanks for the tips

Your connection quality is yellow to the servers but not the players, so they'll more than likely see you as red. I'm in the UK and mine is blue to the servers but when I play people from the states, it can vary from green to red depending on distance. For example, my brother is in Southern California and when we play together, I see his connection to me as a 2 bar red. He sees the same thing with me on his end. We both have fiber optic internet too. Don't use your own connection quality to judge if the actual match quality will be good for all parties.

Also, using a wireless connection will degrade your connection quality by a bit, so try to go wired as much as possible.

On that note, X05 is from South America as well and we've had a decent connection when we do our GAF rooms from time to time.

Beth Cyra

Have they shown any pictures of Snow White yet?
No.

However we've had glimpses. We know that Snow White has ditched the Wing Gundam EW, Zero, and Zero EW double V Fin and sensor setup and has the Wing Gundam TV head jewel as well as blue eyes.

We've also been shown the final form of Snow Whites new weapon, The Seven Dwarves.

Play with GAF then? Or you could start a rom and see if folks come in.

yeah i was planing that , just wanted to check the online first and i was a bit confused

Your connection quality is yellow to the servers but not the players, so they'll more than likely see you as red. I'm in the UK and mine is blue to the servers but when I play people from the states, it can vary from green to red depending on distance. For example, my brother is in Southern California and when we play together, I see his connection to me as a 2 bar red. He sees the same thing with me on his end. We both have fiber optic internet too. Don't use your own connection quality to judge if the actual match quality will be good for all parties.

Also, using a wireless connection will degrade your connection quality by a bit, so try to go wired as much as possible.

On that note, X05 is from South America as well and we've had a decent connection when we do our GAF rooms from time to time.

that's some good info thanks!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
thanks for the tips

As a fellow Latin American, I can tell you that yellow is fine. Obviously not perfect but it works, unless you try to connect to a japanese room that is.

EDIT: All that donkey says is correct
even if he forgot that I need a gazillion invites every time I want to join :(

As a fellow Latin American, I can tell you that yellow is fine. Obviously not perfect but it works, unless you try to connect to a japanese room that is.

EDIT: All that donkey says is correct
even if he forgot that I need a gazillion invites every time I want to join :(

well i did conect to some jap rooms an managed to play OKAY i guess....i mean i won lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Great games everyone! Lots of close matches.

Apologies to all of those who were stuck with my terrible TGIII today was just not a mojo day for higher cost units. D:

Zudah did semi ok though need to work on proper combos for when up close. Thanks to Lost for carrying my blue booster fitted ass when paired together lol Since great teamwork there.

ZUDAH_Poster_001.jpg

Looking forward to more mayhem in the near future!

Also now that I have best navi life is complete.
n94356458.gif

Every time I see Puru it makes me sad at what happens to her. :(

Whats with cute girls and getting killed in Gundam.

Even AGE did it in its first season! >.>^

JKTrix

Clearly I was thinking to hard about the difference between Amekyan and Asakyan and Samekyans and such. Thought all those prefixes meant something in particular, but they are just contractions of the inputs :p 'Ame' being 'Assist+Main', 'Asa' being 'Assist+Sub (Sabu in JP)', Same being 'Sub+Main', etc.

A lot easier to understand now. So I might change the name of my F91 Shuffle to the F91 ChaCha.

Shouta

We talked about this before in the IRC but it's all basically a "fast fall" and it's easier for English speakers to refer to it as that. it's important especially once you've implemented the other main forms of movement into your play because it gives you the ability to be super unpredictable with your landings.

Parakeetman

I think tomorrow I shall go out and find a Zudah model kit just for shits n giggles. That and have nothing else better to do for the day lol.

Christ I think I gave my nippers away to a friend though. D: Dont see it in my tool box.

10049315.jpg

Man I wish they had a MG one. There is a small group in Japan that wants Bandai to make them also lol. Glad to know Im not alone.

solomon

seems like I'll be buying the game tomorrow :) , but quick question how is the online from the US if I'm playing against Japanese players, I have about 105 Mbps.

seems like I'll be buying the game tomorrow :) , but quick question how is the online from the US if I'm playing against Japanese players, I have about 105 Mbps.
Where in the states are you? If from mid-west coast, it should be a decent experience. Anything further than that you might start having issues.

michael-scott-no.gif

You leave Wolfwood far away from this horrible Gundam.

Because you said they, they are gonna reveal a Stampede Gundam just to fuck with you :p

Edit: FCsolomon, Orlando FL here, I'm sure we should be good on playing if South American players can play. How much mbps do you get?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stampede would be Sandrock right?

RIGHT???

solomon

Ah yea yea, that 305.

My internet is significantly slower and I get yellow bars to Japanese rooms.

AHH yeah, aight sounds good.

Because you said they, they are gonna reveal a Stampede Gundam just to fuck with you :p

Edit: FCsolomon, Orlando FL here, I'm sure we should be good on playing if South American players can play. How much mbps do you get?

About 105 mbps unless comcast is lying to me >.>

solomon

Scamcast is lying to you. 105 mbps my ass, ATT tells me I get 18-24 mbps but I hit 10 mbps max, though thats probably because there are like 7 devices using the Internet in my house.
I noticed that before when I was on wifi or running a long ass Ethernet cable but I got the Ethernet port outlets fixed around my house. With Att I would average 7-17 when using my long Ethernet cable/wifi, but since fixing the ports on the wall with Att I had a constant 24 mbps and with comcast have a constant 105.

"Scamcast is lying to you. 105 mbps my ass, ATT tells me I get 18-24 mbps but I hit 10 mbps max, though thats probably because there are like 7 devices using the Internet in my house."

Nah, I download at 100Mbps (10+ megabytes per second, roughly) from Steam/Origin all the time with Comcast. Your bandwidth is affected by a number of different variables.

About 105 mbps unless comcast is lying to me >.>

Lying so hard dude.

Anyway just like in any game, playing cross an entire continent, AND OCEAN... its going to be lagtastic for you. That said it might be playable, but not enjoyable for all involved compared to a more local connection lol.

Makes me wonder why Japanese made games insist on showing cross global internet connections when trying to show their game has online play. YOU KNOW GATDAMN WELL THAT ISN'T PLAYABLE IN ANY REAL CAPACITY!
it seriously annoys me when I see this in trailers #staresatcapcom... you got 4/5 street fighter 4 games out, stop fucking putting that in the trailers!

Ezalc

Well I like Wolfwood more than Vash, though not by much, so it wouldn't be as bad but still awful.

"Scamcast is lying to you. 105 mbps my ass, ATT tells me I get 18-24 mbps but I hit 10 mbps max, though thats probably because there are like 7 devices using the Internet in my house."

Nah, I download at 100Mbps (10+ megabytes per second, roughly) from Steam/Origin all the time with Comcast. Your bandwidth is affected by a number of different variables.

Lucky! ;_; But I just took a speed test and got 22 down and 1.8 up speeds

GOOGLE PLS SAVE US!

I need this game but I took the cheap method. Now I'm stuck waiting for weeks for my copy to appear while I play Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 to pass the time.

"Lucky! ;_; But I just took a speed test and got 22 down and 1.8 up speeds"

Sounds like you need to fix something in your house, mang. Google can't save that.

"Lucky! ;_; But I just took a speed test and got 22 down and 1.8 up speeds"

Sounds like you need to fix something in your house, mang. Google can't save that.

Will look into it. I blame lack of competition between Internet service providers. Its like choosing Zaku I, Ball or a GM while EU and Asia are laughing from their Gundams. >.>

That is totally better than Full Boost's, but still doesn't beat Catalyst.

I'm no Linkin Park fan, but Catalyst was catchy.

Wow I finally got it. I thought whenever someone said Linkin Park it was an inside joke about the music used in Gundam. Didn't realize it was a real Linkin Park song lol.

Parakeetman

setting the bar low, guys.

don't know why they just didn't go with a classic gundam theme.

yeah no shit right?

I dont really care enough to bother, but someone should look into who the record label behind the 3 are. If its the same company you have your answer right there, being someone in bannam has ties and wants to get a bit on the side for shoving that garbage into the game.

Ok looked into it 3 different label companies, warner, avex and VAP

Dear god I just found out the guys who did the FB OP song are the same ones who made the shitty God Eater 2 song.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Donkey come back to us plz. LostEfreet just isnt the same.

Top Bottom