• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

all of the errors you see getting into the game, patching and seeing servers lists are the same core issue we're working.
giphy.gif

Shady859

If you didn't try it, the default binding to switch views is T

I thought I hit about every button on KB, mine was showing mouse 4 something about view. But wouldn't do anything just like the free view key wouldn't do anything. Oh well thanks I know for next time.

StillEdge

I am lost with this game. I've read it isn't really working, but I am not even getting the common errors. I logged in and the bar was full I hit play and nothing. So I exit out and now can't log in.

Also it looks like you can have multiple accounts unlike DayZ:SA so does every one of my accounts get the 40 dollar package or just the first one to log in or is it shared?

antonz

Apparently this game is huge p2w already but who knows.

It will be a lot different when servers are working for everyone and the competition really starts. He was walking around with random people just goofing off. When the real action starts he would have people coming from all corners of the world to kill and steal the loot.

Apparently this game is huge p2w already but who knows.

It's been covered.

I'm going to weigh in here on this subject. We've been showing it clearly in all of the streams we have been doing. I made a point of personally doing it during last Friday's streams. We want them to be server events... so we make sure the whole server knows they're coming and I've personally been killed many times after I paid for them myself. So I fundamentally disagree with the argument. In terms of us not being honest about it - untrue to an extreme. Quoting an 8 month old reddit post after numerous streams and interviews where we've been quite public AND putting it front and center in our "What to expect document" which was right on the purchase page just makes this blatantly unfair IMO. (here's the link - https://www.h1z1.com/dev-updates/h1z...n-early-access) or you can just go back to the steam page. So if you think it's P2W don't buy it. Don't play it. But I have to say wait until you've personally tried them before making the call. We included airdrops in both the $20 and the $40 versions just so you could see for yourselves. But to clear up the misconceptions -
1) You cannot call in airdrops until the servers are 1/4 full.
2) You can't call in airdrops without generating a ton of zombie heat.
3) the airdrops are random in what they deliver.
4) you are not guaranteed to get a single thing out of the airdrop you called in. You could die trying and you're out the money.
5) We fly the plane in very slowly and loudly.. we also stream green smoke from it you can see from very far away. This is all I'm going to say on the subject. We've been straight about it. We've called attention to it publicly and it's something we've decided we want in the game. It makes it more fun. It can shake things up. Please don't judge based on knee jerk reactions. Try it. Or watch more streams with people doing it.
Now with all that being said - we're going to be making some big changes to them in the next day or so.

1) Dramatically widening the radius they come in - it's too small from what we're observing.
2) Making sure the chance for guns is a much lower chance so they are much more rare.
3) Upping the minimum number of people on a server to even allow air drops. It's set at 50 right now and we're going to at least double it. We are serious about these being server events and contested.
4) Making the plane fly even slower.

Smed

C.Dark.DN

Banned
There was always going to be a chance of weapons in air drops. Most servers don't seem very populated so it seems easy to get stuff now. If they make it too easy to gear up hopefully they realize it and tweak it. My buddy just found two AR's in one town. It's early and this is why we test.

Smed just made a post on reddit about it.

They are really adamant about not listening to player feedback. Having a "don't like it don't buy it" mentality in early access on something controversial is something else.

The fact that you can lose things is bad. You should not be paying for things you can lose so easily.

-In arma 3 battleroyale with 25? players on a large map, there are retarded early game kills. Like 5 people running to a car, and then the other 4 trying to juke and getting run over, and the driver hitting a rock and exploding. 90 people on a small map will be a clusterfuck at the start. It should be rounds. Hearthstone doesn't have 1 lose and done arena run.

-New loot shouldn't enter the server from money period. They are trying to hide behind air drops not being 100% loot upgrade for yourself that it's not pay to win. Ok, then it's pay for someone to have a chance to win.

Piggus

I had no idea this had a building system. How does it compare to Rust? That alone makes me way more excited to try it.

kcxiv

They are really adamant about not listening to player feedback. Having a "don't like it don't buy it" mentality in early access on something controversial is something else.

The fact that you can lose things is bad. You should not be paying for things you can lose so easily.

-In arma 3 battleroyale with 25? players on a large map, there are retarded early game kills. Like 5 people running to a car, and then the other 4 trying to juke and getting run over, and the driver hitting a rock and exploding. 90 people on a small map will be a clusterfuck at the start. It should be rounds. Hearthstone doesn't have 1 lose and done arena run.

-New loot shouldn't enter the server from money period. They are trying to hide behind air drops not being 100% loot upgrade for yourself that it's not pay to win. Ok, then it's pay for someone to have a chance to win.
ITS ALPHA, things are going to bug out, things are going to get lost, server will be completely reset at times. THey tell you right there. If you dont like that, then dont toss in your 20 bucks! This is what EA is for, to fix this stuff.

Bruno

Yeah I read that on reddit and I'm hopeful that they will actually try to make it fair. They better - I would hate to see them ruin a potentially awesome game.

do more research and read the devs reply to that, then adjust accordingly

I did read his reply, did you read what he has previously said? "We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that."

Try not being so defensive, maybe do some research yourself.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/23oqm8/we_had_our_first_monetization_meeting_yesterday/

They want to wait for people to play it as it's meant to be before they tweak and redo anything. It's flawed right now because hardly anyone can play. New loot randomly enters the server all the time dynamically adding some more with air drops isn't going to break it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ITS ALPHA, things are going to bug out, things are going to get lost, server will be completely reset at times. THey tell you right there. If you dont like that, then dont toss in your 20 bucks! This is what EA is for, to fix this stuff.
Saying things like "So if you think it's P2W don't buy it. Don't play it. " and defending airdrops so heavily is not inductive of people willing to discuss and possibly change something that's a player's concern in said early access game. If the majority of people disagree why would you keep something in the game and tell them not to buy it? That's insane.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This is not about bugs dude. My points still stand in a bugless game.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I have a teamspeak server if anyone wants in PM me.
I would post it here but I do not know the code to hide text where only quotes can see it.

Saying things like "So if you think it's P2W don't buy it. Don't play it. " and defending airdrops so heavily is not inductive of people willing to discuss and possibly change something that's a player's concern in said early access game. If the majority of people disagree why would you keep something in the game and tell them not to buy it? That's insane.
That's just smeldly getting tired of people accusing them of pay2win when they haven't had the chance to test it with fully populated servers. He's an outspoken guy but later on he says they will tweak or change what they need to and even shows some examples of what they can do.

The game won't get past the screen that includes the red bar that loads and the play button in the bottom right corner. Anyone experiencing this same problem?

Shady859

I had a 12:15 deadline for quitting completely and going to bed. I just tried again and got in only to be greeted with a list of unjoinable servers. Buh bye, good luck all.

Yep it's all the same bug but the fact that I can now see a server screen makes me think they are making progress. First time I've heard in game music. I wonder what the hell blew up.

Pachimari

Guys add me:

Steam: MadridistaGAF
H1Z1: MadridistaGAF

And can you guys post your nicknames as well, so we can add each other?

JambiBum

Anyone know if you can tear down a shack that you have built? I made a basic and a small and wanted to place the small next to the basic like it was attached but fucked up and now the basic clips through. I don't know if hitting the basic with my axe will destroy it or not.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
That's just smeldly getting tired of people accusing them of pay2win when they haven't had the chance to test it with fully populated servers. He's an outspoken guy but later on he says they will tweak or change what they need to and even shows some examples of what they can do.
I do understand getting annoyed before people had a chance to play and analyze it. Using the hard p2w card holds a more negative connotation over what I'd classify it as.

The improvement tweaks they listed improve it, but:
4) you are not guaranteed to get a single thing out of the airdrop you called in. You could die trying and you're out the money.
The bigger issue is that they're too ok with paying and having a good chance of losing. Again, hearthstone at least has rounds in arena and guaranteed loot every time you pay money.

Hylian7

Anyone know if you can tear down a shack that you have built? I made a basic and a small and wanted to place the small next to the basic like it was attached but fucked up and now the basic clips through. I don't know if hitting the basic with my axe will destroy it or not.

How are you getting in the game?

kcxiv

This is not about bugs dude. My points still stand in a bugless game.

it is, because one of the dev's said its not supposed to drop like that. So, yes, its a bug. Since when did a chance at a weapon dropping and 100-200 people all fighting for it make it pay to win?

I do understand getting annoyed before people had a chance to play and analyze it. Using the hard p2w card holds a more negative connotation over what I'd classify it as.

The improvement tweaks they listed improve it, but:

The bigger issue is that they're too ok with paying and having a good chance of losing. Again, hearthstone at least has rounds in arena and guaranteed loot every time you pay money.

Well the guaranteed safe bet is opening cases for cosmetics. The other options carry a risk but you never actually have to buy them to participate. Keep an eye out for somebody elses airdrops and use your free tickets to play on Battle Royale servers.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
it is, because one of the dev's said its not supposed to drop like that. So, yes, its a bug. Since when did a chance at a weapon dropping and 100-200 people all fighting for it make it pay to win?
I'm trying to shift discussion from "pay to win" to it's "pay for someone to win" and "pay to lose".

-No gear at all should enter the server with money under any circumstance.

-Imagine hearthstone with one loss and done arena runs and no common card or whatever at the end.

The only thing done right is keys/crates and earning tickets/crates through play.

Top Bottom