• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

kcxiv

I'm trying to shift discussion from "pay to win" to it's "pay for someone to win" and "pay to lose".

-No gear at all should enter the server with money under any circumstance.

-Imagine hearthstone with one loss and done arena runs and no common card or whatever at the end.

The only thing done right is keys/crates and earning tickets/crates through play.

then its pay to win, fuck it, im not arguing or debating it! Its perfectly fine by me the way it is. i have no issues with it!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
then its pay to win, fuck it, im not arguing or debating it! Its perfectly fine by me the way it is. i have no issues with it!
Would you really be ok with a free to play call of duty/cs:go allowing players to pay for air drops and search and destroy with one round/life being locked behind an entrance fee? I would think there'd be a shit storm thread on neogaf.

kcxiv

Would you really be ok with a free to play call of duty/cs:go allowing players to pay for air drops and search and destroy with one round/life being locked behind an entrance fee? I would think there'd be a shit storm thread on neogaf.

i couldnt care 1 bit, as i never play those games. closest i get is Plantside 2. IM more of an Action adventure/fighting games kinda gamer.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i couldnt care 1 bit, as i never play those games. closest i get is Plantside 2. IM more of an Action adventure/fighting games kinda gamer.
I don't play fps games either. A f2p fighting game where tournament mode has an entry fee and first ko knocks you out with no losers bracket?

kcxiv

I don't play fps games either. A f2p fighting game where tournament mode has an entry fee and first ko knocks you out with no losers bracket?

Thats a terrible way to compare the 2. In H1Z1 what they are doing, i am ok with. If the tournament was one and done and i knew it going into it, i'd be ok with that too, because them would be the rules.

IMACOMPUTA

Lol.. watching a stream right now and
1) zombies glitch through floors just like DayZ.
2) the rain loads as you run through the world. So, if there's lag or bad server performance, it appears as if you have a rain cloud over you. You can run out of the rain and it catches back up with you... lol

Don't think anyone has been able to sadly. I'm still waiting on my key from SOE to preview it but I'll definitely be looking at how playable it is from here in Brisbane.

Look forward to hearing how it runs mate. Not willing to lay down $20 just yet until I hear how it runs for us Australians. If it's not too great then I will most likely wait for it to go free to play.

kcxiv

2) the rain loads as you run through the world. So, if there's lag or bad server performance, it appears as if you have a rain cloud over you. You can run out of the rain and it catches back up with you... lol

good thing is the game hastn been out for a year and a half . Hell, not even a full day.

HowZatOZ

Banned

One has been out for a year and a bit, the other not even a day. Hmmm.

Look forward to hearing how it runs mate. Not willing to lay down $20 just yet until I hear how it runs for us Australians. If it's not too great then I will most likely wait for it to go free to play.

Smedley mentioned on his Twitter yesterday that they are playing it by ear as to whether Oceanic servers come in now or later. Will all depend on player numbers as I doubt it will be that difficult with a data centre already here.

Soi-Fong

Was finally able to log in. Pretty equipped. I seriously need help though. Would appreciate some water and stuff. I need H20...

If interested. Just PM me. I'll tell you where I am. I got a working car, backpack, weapons, etc

My car is fully equipped. Turboboosters, lights everything.
HQlb.jpg

IQlb.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Was finally able to log in. Pretty equipped. I seriously need help though. Would appreciate some water and stuff. I need H20...

If interested. Just PM me. I'll tell you where I am. I got a working car, backpack, weapons, etc

HQlb.jpg

IQlb.jpg
You're going to kill them after you get water aren't you?

DogMeat77

HQlb.jpg

IQlb.jpg

just found a working police car. Are you in solace server?

Hylian7

I just logged out. Prolly a bad idea and I wont be able to get back.. But seriously, I was dying so.. I really need help. lol

It's absolutely atrocious how they handled this. I understand this is an early access game, and an alpha, but you should at least be able to play on the launch day, even if it is a buggy mess.

Like was said earlier, DayZ Standalone worked on Day 1.

BearPawB

Banned
I do not understand the appeal of this game. It looks identical to every other survival/zombie/sandbox game.

What is making people so excited?

antonz

I do not understand the appeal of this game. It looks identical to every other survival/zombie/sandbox game.

I imagine its a mixture of a few key elements. a Real Development team behind it whose whole job is to work on the game. Its already further along with key elements. Crafting, housing etc. are huge features.

DayZ was great and all but had absolutely zero depth when it launched. It was race to an airfield stock up and hope you don't die. If you die run to an airfield stock up and rinse and repeat.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

WarZ was pay to win hacker hell. DayZ standalone is still really clunky and their modifications to make it a MMO aren't good. DayZ mod is better in ways, but still unprofessional. Battleroyale was stuck as an Arma 3 mod. Sony Online Entertainment has more credibility and is using planet side 2's engine. They have good anticheat protection. The popular opinion is that they have the best chance to have a game in this genre that functions well, login issues aside. It'll also come to ps4. DayZ was announced for ps4 too, but yanno.

I don't think I'm going to be playing any time soon... see the server list with no servers. Hopefully this is sorted out by the weekend.

Qvoth

ok so you can pay to have an airdrop, but because it's a server wide event you might die when trying to grab it? lol that's pretty interesting
but i fear with this system then there will be like 1 or 2 huge clans/guilds that can monopolize every drop, unless there's be thousands of zombies attracted by the drop

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ok so you can pay to have an airdrop, but because it's a server wide event you might die when trying to grab it? lol that's pretty interesting
but i fear with this system then there will be like 1 or 2 huge clans/guilds that can monopolize every drop, unless there's be thousands of zombies attracted by the drop
They definitely could monopolize them to gear everyone up in the clan. It really would become no different than clans camping safe zones in WarZ where people buy gear directly and get killed exiting.

RulkezX

For me is the one game in this genre that has a real chance of being completed. It has a proper studio working on it as well so I expect development to move a lot quicker than the shit show DayZ has been.

I like games like this but wish the zombies were an actual threat, I've been watching people stream this and the zombies are essentially just scenery standing around barely doing anything. If there are pve servers where is the challenge?

Flunkie

Banned
I would normally buy this right away but I'll be away this weekend anyways so I'm going to give it the weekend then consult ArmaGAF and DayZGAF and see what they say on Sunday. :)

Top Bottom