• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 3 tease for 30th September?

proandrad

And just like that.

Mrw GIF

Three

BlackMesa.com has been up for a year and some seem to think it's a real biotech company. They're playing the long game if this is an ARG.

Hudo

and his posts seem completely legitimate that he is working in biotech. I think he’s just fan.
That's a really weird way to get some publicity for a company. Since the logo is really just the Half-Life Black Mesa logo embedded in a shield design... I am not a lawyer but that seems like something Valve might not be too happy about.

Hudo

Ngl, I actually hope that this is just a publicity stunt by a company (that is not that well thought-through) and not some ARG shit. If Valve have something to say about Half-Life, they should just fucking say it.

Hudo

Doesn’t valve only have like 60 employees? So is a team of like 20 people making this game?
There was a leak in 2021 saying that Valve had 336 employees at that time. Dunno if that number got significantly higher (or lower) since that.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
It's probably related to that Black Mesa remake by Crowbar Collective. I know they're supposedly working on remake versions of Opposing Force and Blue Shift.

Last edited:

Bry0

That's a really weird way to get some publicity for a company. Since the logo is really just the Half-Life Black Mesa logo embedded in a shield design... I am not a lawyer but that seems like something Valve might not be too happy about.
Yeah, but if it was valve why would they change it from the original circle logo?
It’s just weird.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hot Take...there's no way Valve will be able to live up to the enormous amount of suppressed hype for Half-Life 3. Bun's been in the oven too long. It's burnt.

Bry0

Hot Take...there's no way Valve will be able to live up to the enormous amount of suppressed hype for Half-Life 3. Bun's been in the oven too long. It's burnt.
Are we going to just pretend Alyx didn’t happen and wasn’t one of the best games in the last decade?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Are we going to just pretend Alyx didn’t happen and wasn’t one of the best games in the last decade?
yea that very few played due to it being VR. So yea in the light of an announcement of half life 3, YUP we are going to pretend.

Holammer

I'm started to look into the site and starts to look like a legit company, except it's created by a NEEERD.
Charles Fracchia has a profile on FAS.org (Federation of American Scientists) and there's a 7.5h long YT workshop presentation where he's one of many actual cited research scientists. As I reloaded the page to check more sources, turns out they noticed the attention and made an update.

We love the Half Life community. In the last couple of days we've received a ton of messages of support and curiosity about Black Mesa. It's heartening to see that the internet can still be a place where people send inquisitive messages while staying respectful - thank you. Thank you as well to those who sent the thousands of fake inquiries on our website, they made us laugh. We loved seeing the creative messages.

As many of you correctly assessed, we're actually a real company in the Boston area. We're working hard to assure and secure vaccine and other biological manufacturing production. As much as we would be honored to be part of any Valve game - we do not work in this sector at all. We are not secretly working on Half Life 3, Project White Sands (whatever that is/may be) or any other Valve title - we're just nerds working to secure the global bioeconomy.

We <3 all of you, you've made us laugh quite a bit this week at a time where we needed it.
We might put up a couple fun challenges and send the first solvers some swag. That is Black Mesa - the Boston biotech company swag.

Our love,
The Black Mesa team.

IMG_0368.jpg

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You'll get an RTX remix or something for the 20th anniversary and like it.

They have no reason to make HL3.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I'm started to look into the site and starts to look like a legit company, except it's created by a NEEERD.
Charles Fracchia has a profile on FAS.org (Federation of American Scientists) and there's a 7.5h long YT workshop presentation where he's one of many actual cited research scientists. As I reloaded the page to check more sources, turns out they noticed the attention and made an update.

IMG_0368.jpg

oh well, that's all I guess. fun to get a little excited I suppose. now back to our regular programming.

T4keD0wN

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Dark lord Morgoth please let this be fake, i get more enjoyment from seeing people fruitlessly beg for Half-life 3 and Bloodborne than i would get from actually playing them.

Holammer

oh well, that's all I guess. fun to get a little excited I suppose. now back to our regular programming.
Took me a total of 2 clicks before I smelled a rat. Turns out people don't RTFA, just take a quick glance at the topic.
Lesson learned? Write the most clickbaity topic for success!

Last edited:
Top Bottom