• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 3 tease for 30th September?

Hudo

I'm started to look into the site and starts to look like a legit company, except it's created by a NEEERD.
Charles Fracchia has a profile on FAS.org (Federation of American Scientists) and there's a 7.5h long YT workshop presentation where he's one of many actual cited research scientists. As I reloaded the page to check more sources, turns out they noticed the attention and made an update.

IMG_0368.jpg
Well... that's that, I guess.

Bry0

I'm started to look into the site and starts to look like a legit company, except it's created by a NEEERD.
Charles Fracchia has a profile on FAS.org (Federation of American Scientists) and there's a 7.5h long YT workshop presentation where he's one of many actual cited research scientists. As I reloaded the page to check more sources, turns out they noticed the attention and made an update.

IMG_0368.jpg
Dude I want some swag LOL

Glad they put this thing to bed.

Last edited:

Sentenza

1- I don't believe it.
2- Even if it's true, after all these years they still need to prove that this HL3 would be something worthy of its legacy and deserving of getting hyped about.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

If true, I hope it's playable both VR and without VR. After Alyx/Half Life 2 in VR, I can't go backwards.
Yep I wouldn't disagree with a new HL title being a Hybrid game. A game that's playable on flatscreen without compromising the VR experience could be Valve's perfect excuse to make a new entry in the series.

Another VR worthless trash probably.
v45WaTi.jpeg

Half Life 3D. They need to release a headset with pancake lenses. 3D is there now.
Nvidia 3D Vision glasses are coming back! XD

fallingdove

Hot Take...there's no way Valve will be able to live up to the enormous amount of suppressed hype for Half-Life 3. Bun's been in the oven too long. It's burnt.
I don’t know - FF7 Remake/Rebirth had similar expectations that were nearly met, and I trust in Valve more than I do SquareEnix.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
1- I don't believe it.
2- Even if it's true, after all these years they still need to prove that this HL3 would be something worthy of its legacy and deserving of getting hyped about.

Strange take and not just you but many times in the thread

Even an Half Life 2 episode 3 with source 2 engine graphics would beat the living shit out of games whenever it would come out in hype.

Singular7

Steam Link app + Oculus Quest == match made in heaven. The definitive VR setup I think

Just started Alyx yesterday, and man, nothing compares to this experience in gaming.

Yes please HL3 supporting VR

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Until it's official, i simply won't believe it, i hope it's true, but it's been such a long time, i'm not getting my hopes up.

Yerd

Steam Link app + Oculus Quest == match made in heaven. The definitive VR setup I think

Just started Alyx yesterday, and man, nothing compares to this experience in gaming.

Yes please HL3 supporting VR
Remake The entire Half Life series into the HLA engine. Would be happy with that.

Lillie

How do we not know it's just the team that did Black Mesa but for HL2 and it's respective episodes - if even

Last edited:

Midn1ght

I said it before and I'll say it again: Half Life 3 will release on December 5th of an unknown year.
Why?
A year ago, I got banned 7 days for this post (coincidence?):

After creating the thread about Steam 20th birthday coming September 12th, I spent time running some numbers and hold on to your socks.

If you look at the different launch date history for Valve, what do we have?

Valve = August 24, 1996
Half Life = November 19, 1998
Steam = September 12, 2003
Half life 2 = November 16, 2004
Episode One = June 1, 2006
Episode Two = October 10, 2007
Alyx = March 23, 2020

24+96+19+98+12+03+16+04+01+06+10+07+23+20 = 339 (BOOM!)

w6WKaUd.png

Not convinced yet? Hold on to your underwear.

The Year 339 saw the birth of Shi Shi, future emperor of the Jie-led Later Zhao dynasty of China.
Shi Shi was Shi Hu's youngest son, by his 3rd (WOW!) empress Empress Liu.

Do you know how many days Shi Shi reign lasted? 33 (BOOM!)

0031165364_25.jpg

Think I'm crazy? Hold on to your tits.

What's the 339th day of the year? December 5th, that's right. Remember that day.

December 5th, 1804 : Thomas Jefferson, the 3rd President of the United States is re-elected US President. (BOOM!)
December 5th, 1912: The Triple Alliance among Italy, Austria, and Germany is renewed for six years. (DAMN!)
December 5th, 1932: Albert Einstein is granted a visa to enter America. Did you know Einstein had THREE kids? (WHAT?)

I could go on.

hnmqjcp.png

You saw it here first. Valve will release Half Life 3 on December 5th.

tinfoil-hat.gif
tumblr_pb97x6qhyr1xyd7u2o5_400.gif

Last edited:

Shifty1897

After looking at the website... Yeah, this is not a game announcement or an announcement related to anything Half Life 3. Mods should change the title.

Skifi28

September is the 9th month and divided by 3 is 3. Then you got the 30th which is too obvious. I think it's happening guys!

Top Bottom