• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 3 tease for 30th September?

00_Zer0

Close the thread, the countdown is over. Check on the website.
szbyC1V.png

I know this site is not related to HL3 or Valve, but If you look at the bottom it is still there.

Tokio Blues

Gold Member
szbyC1V.png

I know this site is not related to HL3 or Valve, but If you look at the bottom it is still there.

Check the Linkedin of their CEO

Guys come on, dont give false hope. Is not HL3

DryvBy

At this point, Half-Life 3 could help you win the lottery and it would still fall short. That's how long it's been.

Diddy X

It doesn’t take a genius to know that the ending of Half-Life: Alyx sets the stage for the eventual release of Half-Life 3.

00_Zer0

Agree, it would be criminal to do nothing after that ending.
You have to wonder how Valve is going to handle the retconning of the story when we get to 3. Those who have played HL:A will be fine, but those who haven't they will be like "WTF, how did this happen?"

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You have to wonder how Valve is going to handle the retconning of the story when we get to 3. Those who have played HL:A will be fine, but those who haven't they will be like "WTF, how did this happen?"
Honestly I'd love if Half-Life 3 was a VR title.

If not, well they can always have a sort of prologue explaining the stuff for those that haven't played Alyx.

False. The plan is to release Portal 3, Left for Dead 3, and Half Life 3 simultaneously on 3/3/3333. You got another 1,000+ years to wait folks. Remember, Gaben is immortal.

00_Zer0

Honestly I'd love if Half-Life 3 was a VR title.

If not, well they can always have a sort of prologue explaining the stuff for those that haven't played Alyx.

From the leaks Half Life 3 won't be a VR game, but modders will figure that out in due time once it's released.

About the storyline confusion for those who haven't played Alyx, I guess they could go back and redo the ending of Ep.2 like how they retconned Portal 1 ending to accommodate for Portal 2. That would give people something to talk about before Half Life 3 release. Or just give Half Life 3 a playable prologue for what happened in Half Life Alyx ending. As you suggested, I think a playable prologue works the best.

Last edited:

Bulletzen72

Half Life 3 will never come out. Never. Because - What if it is shit? 17 years of hype and players hopes and personal expectations has doomed this game from ever being released. Alyx was fine because it was in a new perspective/tech and is arguably one of the best single player games in V.R. HL3 is never coming.
AND THAT....is the shitty fucking thing about all this!
Because I hope I am wrong!
And I hope.

Hate it!

Last edited:

FireFly

Half Life 3 will never come out. Never. Because - What if it is shit? 17 years of hype and players hopes and personal expectations has doomed this game from ever being released. Alyx was fine because it was in a new perspective/tech and is arguably one of the best single player games in V.R. HL3 is never coming.
AND THAT....is the shitty fucking thing about all this!
Because I hope I am wrong!
And I hope.

Hate it!
Valve just need to reset player expectations when they announce a new Half-Life title. It can be Half-Life: Something, not Half-Life 3.

The only thing that will get Valve to make Half-Life 3 is if it can be properly mind-blowing because nothing else can match the 17 years of hype thus far.

HL:3 will only release once neural interfaces are in the average consumers' hands, and Valve will fill the AAA niche like they did with HL:Alyx in VR.

Wishful thinking but I’d love for HLA and normal Half life to both be made. Ultimately it’s a TALL order to follow up old half life with another FPS, vr feels like the way to go as far as living up to a jump up in a revolutionary title.

Wonko_C

Wishful thinking but I’d love for HLA and normal Half life to both be made. Ultimately it’s a TALL order to follow up old half life with another FPS, vr feels like the way to go as far as living up to a jump up in a revolutionary title.
It's what I've been thinking years ago, split the series into VR Half Life: Alyx and flat Half Life: Freeman.

Might actually be happening.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I am not buying into this hope. DO I want HL3, I sure do, but until those words our said, my hope stays dead.

Hudo

I think their next technical "gimmick" on which they can build Half-Life on should be AI-related. Like actual AI behavior and responses of NPCs/companions to the player's actions. And maybe also a far further developed version of "The Director" from the Left 4 Dead games. Enabling far more powerful level changes from the AI (geometry placement etc.).

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If Half-Life 3 actually gets revealed, where would it rank for all-time game reveals?

I feel the anticipation has been brewing for so long now(like 20 years) that no reveal could possibly match the anticipation level at this point. I wonder if people have been so jaded and worn out from waiting that the response will be "Great... about fucking time" instead of "HOLY FFFFF"

Top Bottom