• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming |OT| PC/Steam - April 4th

Kouriozan

Have some questions about the game.

1. Does it have multiple paths like the first game?

2. Are the graphics the same as the PSP version or is there an upgraded graphics mode like the PC version of the first game.

3. Can you go back and play previous levels to get equipment you missed, like the first game?
1. For now I only had one chance to choose between North or West, but you have to complete both anyway.

2. Just like the PSP, no neo-cartoon mode. But it looks better than the first's PSP graphics mode on PC.

3. Yep, totally, and you can bring all your allies/equips/global level.
For challenges, there is Time Attack but I still haven't tried it.

Cbajd5

Well I am 8th on Goddess check (Gideon Mack)

what sort of super computer does that number 1 guy have! he is way out in front

I don't know, but the whole Benchmark is weird. It runs better when set to a smaller resolution, which doesn't surprise me. The thing that does surprise me is that it runs MUCH better on my laptop, which is much weaker than my desktop where it runs pretty badly.

Game's perfectly playable on both though.

while i like that the game is much more flashed out than the first game, it seems to me that are too many cutscenes and it's not as funny.

Eusis

while i like that the game is much more flashed out than the first game, it seems to me that are too many cutscenes and it's not as funny.
Wonder how much of it is a different localization staff, and how much of it is that perhaps the game decided to try being a bit more serious. I sort of got that impression from when it was announced and what little I had looked into it, but then HMH1 more prominently displayed the in-game graphics too in marketing rather than the surprisingly good artwork.

pariah164

I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS HAPPENING AAAAAH.

What a beautiful thing to see on Steam today. Downloading so hard. Loved the first one. THANK YOU BASED XSEED/STEAM.

Eusis

Marvelous owns XSEED now so I guess technically the same company up in the food chain is to thank. Just that none of the XSEED staff had much say far as we know.

Finally installing the first game after getting it a while back, OP mentions a discount for people who owned the first? Not seen any coupon come into my Steam inventory though...

(oh wait instantly applies when I go to the shop page, nevermind!)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Finally installing the first game after getting it a while back, OP mentions a discount for people who owned the first? Not seen any coupon come into my Steam inventory though...

It automatically takes off 25% on the store page for number 2 if you have 1 in your library.

It automatically takes off 25% on the store page for number 2 if you have 1 in your library.

Ta very much for the quick replies! I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to steam, I know it used to be that you got issued coupons for money off games, wasn't aware that now they can actually use your library data to issue discounts, nabbed! : )

NIN90

Is it normal that changing directions on the field map isn't instant? I seem to always walk about one extra tile before my character actually turns.

Coppanuva

Ta very much for the quick replies! I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to steam, I know it used to be that you got issued coupons for money off games, wasn't aware that now they can actually use your library data to issue discounts, nabbed! : )

It can be both, sometimes it's coupons, sometimes it's a page discount. Easy mistake to make :)

duckroll

How does multiplayer work? Or how does the game work for that matter. Haven't played the first one.

It looks like a sort of race mode where you play through a scenario with other players competing to see how gets to the end and clears it first.

Just started the game up, I can already tell it much better than the 1st in quite a number of ways lol.

Hope it does well on Steam, looking forward to more localised MAQL releases in the future.

No first day discount?

No bought the first discount?

...errrrrrgggghhhhh...

...fuck, bought it. But still my inner cheap Jew is disappointed in me.

StingX2

Streamed it for two hours earlier and got like 8/9 missions done. I like a lot of the changes especially that the story is more engaging with the main character having a voice and personality. Not too big of a fan of the global leveling system.

Oh and apparently if you have data from the first you can buy weapons that might not be in the second? unfortunately I own it on Steam but played through it on xbla so the only item she had was a broken sword for sale for 500 coins :X

Game is definitely very fun! The only complaint I have so far is that outside quests The music changing seems so jarring going in and out of battle.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about the global level. Right now I have no problems with it but maybe in the future I will? Who knows but so far no problem at all with the game besides that

Min requirements also seem to be overestimated on the steam page. I have no doubt low powered Atom netbooks and tablets can run this smoothly enough.

duckroll

Got to the second continent in Hero 30 Judgement. This game is so crazy. I really like the expansion of the RPG-isms in the sequel. The original game felt like a really fun idea with a ton of filler too, but it seems like they've cut a lot of the filler out to add lots of random varieties to the story and gameplay scenarios. Pretty cool! I lol'd so hard at the Hero Castle.

I am...an idiot. It only applies the discount if you have it downloaded in your library and not just chilling there. Since I was checking on my laptop and not my main computer...well...

...shit.

epmode

I am...an idiot. It only applies the discount if you have it downloaded in your library and not just chilling there. Since I was checking on my laptop and not my main computer...well...

...shit.

I'm not so sure about that. I saw the discount in the iOS client earlier today and the first game is definitely not installed anywhere.

Welp, I might not get to play tomorrow either (unless I want to sit at my PC on the floor).

Ah I've waited this long, what's another day?

On the second quest on Hero Judgements. I really like how you can still take multiple paths to complete quests

Damn!!!! This game is so good! Just beat the 2nd quest. I won't lie some moments of the story I actually really like!

stupid question time....

is there any point in levelling up outside of the 30 sec quests?
Yeah, whatever level you are outside the quest is the level you are going to start on your next quest. It's called world level.

Example: if you are level 11 outside quest once you get into a quest you will start off level 11 instead of 1. I'd recommend taking advantage of it and try to level every now and then because it certainly seems like the game expects you to. At some point you might start a quest and be unable to defeat enemies because you are starting quests off at level 1

Ok, I'm still early on in the game (just reached the second island). But I don't get how equipment work.

I removed everything (don't ask me why) and I'm now standing around in my undies. But every equipment I removed have also disappeared, so I can't put anything back on. Is this how it's suppose to behave?

pretty disappointed right now. The first game, which i think it was one of the masterpieces of the last generation, was a funny parody of 8-bit jrpg with no filler. This game looks like instead a 16-bit jrpg with a cliche story and very boring cutscenes.

isual

pretty disappointed right now. The first game, which i think it was one of the masterpieces of the last generation, was a funny parody of 8-bit jrpg with no filler. This game looks like instead a 16-bit jrpg with a cliche story and very boring cutscenes.

isnt that what most jrpgs are these days? the game actually is a subliminal satire

All the positive impressions are making me happy (except the bloated cutscenes part).

I think I'm going to be brave and wait until tonight (or tomorrow) so I can play this on the HDTV.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794738.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming -- MB-EA11DF727A22C49C - Taken by pahamrick. 15 entrants total.

t1396710011z1.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome, thanks for doing another giveaway. Played the first game last night & while keyboard works fine for Evil Lord & Hero, DAMN does it suck for Princess. Time to use MotioninJoy & my PS3 controller.

I can't use a 360 controller on my laptop if it's the charge & play battery kind, right? Has to be wired?

Awesome, thanks for doing another giveaway. Played the first game last night & while keyboard works fine for Evil Lord & Hero, DAMN does it suck for Princess. Time to use MotioninJoy & my PS3 controller.

I can't use a 360 controller on my laptop if it's the charge & play battery kind, right? Has to be wired?
You need a wireless adapter, I got one on eBay for $7 and it was one of the best purchases I made for PC gaming.

Top Bottom