• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4: King of the Hill Fueled by Mtn Dew coming to iOS [Update: Up On iTunes]

JoeInky

Are doritos and mountain dew advertising halo or is it the other way round?

Or are they all the same thing now, I can't tell anymore.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
IkQUq.jpg

jaypah

Lmao wow, MS is not fucking around! I heard something about a Master Chief jams playlist or some such craziness on our local hip-hop station.

Scan Doritos. I just...oh man.

pakkit

Banned
Does this mean there are going to be screaming 14 year olds scanning all the chips if I enter a 7-11 any time soon?

It's probably just Microsoft's attempt to help the East Coast. They're going to convert all the hand-wringing over this into power for New Jersey and New York. Lights should be back on in 3-2-1...now grab a cold Dew out of the fridge.

jaypah

Does this mean there are going to be screaming 14 year olds scanning all the chips if I enter a 7-11 any time soon?

Hopefully, because wtf? We're through the looking glass. We actually went through the looking glass and shattered it from the inside, damning us forever. Might as well enjoy the absurdity of it all!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Get scanning!

This is kind of like Metroid Prime, but in real life... and you look like a complete douche doing it.

Wasn't the last promotion entering bottle cap codes? Seems like the same thing to me in practice. But the way this is being communicated/presented makes it seem really dirty. Not sure what the difference is though this time around. Maybe because they are being much more aggressive this time it seems.

Mikeside

Why would Microsoft give a shit about a couple hundred people getting riled up about their SOP?

Ehh, I guess, but wouldn't you want to avoid any more association with the whole situation? You never know if it's going to blow up any bigger and break into the mainstream news or whatnot. Extremely unlikely, but I'd probably back off just in case.

You can't be serious.

Even without the whole media/PR thing that's just happened, I can't believe they're releasing something like this - it's just such an unfiltered/disguised advertisement for those 2 products with absolutely no shame about it. I don't expect MUCH more from Microsoft, but c'mon!

Throw in the whole media/PR debate and it's a whole new level of wtf.

Ha ha. The Dorito/Mountian Dew marketing partnership is so over the top it feels like parody at this point.

Ehh, I guess, but wouldn't you want to avoid any more association with the whole situation? You never know if it's going to blow up any bigger and break into the mainstream news or whatnot. Extremely unlikely, but I'd probably back off just in case.

I'm not sure how it hurts Microsoft and any mainstream news coverage would be much appreciated, I assume.

Mindwipe

No joke. I just got assigned to talk to the developer of this game by my editor. Questions I should ask?

"Do you ever go home at night and just cry at how your life worked out?"

"Was pissing off anyone outside of the US in the requirement document?"

"Was the in-game font selected for some kind of drunken bet?"

What? You've kind of missed the point of the whole situation. This has nothing to do with the gaming press; this is Microsoft (with what is a pretty major partnership over the Halo 4 marketing at this point) doing what their suppose to do (doesn't make it any less stupid sounding/looking) - marketing their product.

This isn't a controversy. This is simple business (that just happens to be hilarious and very Microsoft).
None of this controversy is about Microsoft; everyone knows their just doing their thing.

Mikeside

What? You've kind of missed the point of the whole situation. This has nothing to do with the gaming press; this is Microsoft (with what is a pretty major partnership over the Halo 4 marketing at this point) doing what their suppose to do (doesn't make it any less stupid sounding/looking) - marketing their product.

This isn't a controversy. This is simple business (that just happens to be hilarious and very Microsoft).
None of this controversy is about Microsoft; everyone knows their just doing their thing.

I see I'm in the minority opinion here, but I still think this is stupid.

Top Bottom