• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

DrBo42

Should've included some sort of token that you could later use to order a free bluray disc. This LE seems extremely weak except for the cool box.

LE is essentially the cool box and DLC pass. Worth it for most still.

Edit: Hell I would have loved if the LE console came with it. Would have paid a little more.

GamerSoul

Woo got the game. I'm tired as hell though lol. I was 40th and I got out by 12:18ish. Gonna try all the modes with my little bro. The wait is finally ova!!

ShogunX

Got my game, and wow, they really did try their damndest to CODify everything they could while keeping some of the Halo elements. But no mulitplayer for now; it's time for the campaign.

From my experience in MP It's Halo with a few new bells and whistles borrowed from other games but still remains very much a Halo experience.

As for a few other things -

Sprint - Seems a natural for the game and actually helps matches to flow a lot better due to constant flanking and position battling.

No flag drop - I actually prefer it this way but that might be because the best and purest CTF I have played is from COD2. I actually found random players protecting the flag carrier and people using the Hardlight shield to cover flag carriers arses.

stktt

Banned
Yes. Levels are called "Spartan Ranks" in Halo 4. SR-1 is the first rank. SR-50 is 50th, and so on.

There is also Spartan XP, Spartan Points, and Spartan Ops. You can earn Spartan XP in Spartan Ops and go up a Spartan Rank which earns you a Spartan Point.

I am not making this up.

Yes, but can you use these Spartan Points earned by increasing your Spartan Rank through Spartan XP obtained through Spartan Ops to customize your Spartan?

Coin Return

Loose Slot
175 people at my local Gamestop, went through the line with relative ease.

I'm installing disc 2 now, if the rest of the soundtrack is this good, I may (MAY) ejaculate.

Anybody in SoCal order the LE from Amazon? Has your status changed at all from shipping soon?

My Newegg order is already in route with tracking and it's a 3day shipping. Amazon was a 1 day shipping under Prime membership. WTF!!!

Xamdou

Yes. Levels are called "Spartan Ranks" in Halo 4. SR-1 is the first rank. SR-50 is 50th, and so on.

There is also Spartan XP, Spartan Points, and Spartan Ops. You can earn Spartan XP in Spartan Ops and go up a Spartan Rank which earns you a Spartan Point.

I am not making this up.

What the hell lol

Hmm, my Amz copy still hasn't changed to shipped status yet. If it's still in Not Yet Shipped status tomorrow morning I'll just cancel and pick it up at BB.

Passing up sex for Halo tonight. Gotta have my priorities straight. Had two blasts from the past strangely text me in the last few hours.

Boy, do I have a story for you (and GAF) then. Maybe some other time though, since I'm about to leave for Wal-Mart to nab my copy!

Oozer3993

My wallet must HATE Halo.

LQrVU.jpg

After I took this and put the books back, I realized I forgot most of the games:

XSePv.jpg

Also, Gamestop fucked up with the codes. All the receipts printed without the promo codes.

That happened at my Gamestop for Halo: Reach. Just go back tomorrow with the receipt and they should be able to print out your codes.

Just got the game.

What do Disc 1 and 2 do? There's no manual with my game or anything to explain this haha

Disc 1 is the "Play Disc," while Disc 2 is a multiplayer install disc. Pop the latter in, select to "Play Halo 4" then press A to "Install Disc." That will allow you to launch everything from Disc 1.

P.S. Let's do this.

7fQyI.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Got my game, and wow, they really did try their damndest to CODify everything they could while keeping some of the Halo elements. But no mulitplayer for now; it's time for the campaign.

Welp, back to community side for me.

DrBo42

Anybody in SoCal or the LE from Amazon? Has your status changed at all from shipping soon?

My Newegg order already in in route with tracking and it was a 3day shipping. Amazon was a 1 day shipping under Prime membership. WTF!!!

SoCal here. Still says shipping soon for my LE console. It will update around 2 AM at the latest, be cool.

Hawk269

This game is fucking beautiful. Love it already.

Soundtrack so far reminds me of Metroid Prime

I played through Halo 3 yesterday on easy, just to see all the cinematics leading up to H4 and damn is that game a jagged mess. I don't rememeber it being that bad, but compared to H4, it is like H4 is on a newer system. Pretty fucking impressive.

Agkel

Fuck this game! Beat campaign in heroic but did not give me any achievement. Go back to check and mission 8 shows up as if I have not beaten it even though the one after that shows up as beaten in heroic... :(

Also best Halo solo campaign! Loved the story and the difficulty on Heroic seemed a bit easier than previous games

Sanic

Just played a match of MP. I sorta went on blackout going into this not because I didn't want to hype/spoil myself, but because I didn't care. However, I came away from the first match impressed. The game feels great.

JimiNutz

Banned
Finally got back home after spending 6 hours in hospital with my girlfriend. She feels really bad because her getting ill completely fucked my midnight launch plans and now its 6 am Ive been awake for 24 hours and im too tired to play...

Oh well, will wake up tomorrow afternoon and play through campaign.

It just feels good to finally have the game in my possession. Just installing now.

Voltron64

Anybody in SoCal order the LE from Amazon? Has your status changed at all from shipping soon?

My Newegg order is already in route with tracking and it's a 3day shipping. Amazon was a 1 day shipping under Prime membership. WTF!!!

Same. Mine still says shipping soon.

Satchel

Banned
Frankie, if you're reading this.

Game has a decent glitch where if you insert a USB drive while in a lobby, the game thinks you're there when you're not.

Game leaved you in the main menu animation, while your team mates think you're AFK.

Also, where's SWAT?

DrBo42

Finally got back home after spending 6 hours in hospital with my girlfriend. She feels really bad because her getting ill completely fucked my midnight launch plans and now its 6 am Ive been awake for 24 hours and im too tired to play...

Oh well, will wake up tomorrow afternoon and play through campaign.

It just feels good to finally have the game in my possession. Just installing now.

Hope you told her that's ridiculous. Glad she's okay.

MIMIC

Banned
Dem graphics!

EDIT: Got the game without a hitch; just a few minutes in line. Playing the Campaign. Feels good, man :)

THIS GAME DOESNT HAVE MY EMBLEM!

fuck this establishment!
You get some through leveling up and doing some commendations, and I think it's really fuckin' dumb. It's like locking away the letters and numbers from your service tag so that everyone starts off as AAAA. I want my unicorn dammit! I don't even know if the one I've been using the past few titles is going to eventually be unlocked through grinding or if it's only available in the LE console, but if it is that really sucks.

Also you have to be SR-21 before you can even use a background. C'mahn.

I was installing Disc 2 and my xbox decided to shut off. It now won't load the dashboard and instead does a continuous loop of turning on and off. Any help?

Picked up my copy from Best Buy. There were still people standing at a Gamestop nearby when I left.

I like the little extras that come with the LE.

NBtoaster

The COD elements in the MP aren't really that game changing. There are no where near as many weapons to choose for the loadout, and some game types don't even use your loadout. Most people ditch their loadout weapon of choice at the first glance of an energy sword or Promethean weapon (or a vehicle) anyway.

Top Bottom