• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

CONAN

How would you rank it among the other Halo games in terms of solo difficulty?

it's a bit harder some times.. when you face some knights & you only caring 1 grenade & your pistol.. man you will scream & do crazy stuff that you didn't for once think you can do.

Sai-kun

Banned
Spartan Ops environment spoilers:

Reusing campaign assets is kind of lame. At least it's all backwards! And the snowy versions of stuff were kinda cool!

Nutter

Spartan Ops environment spoilers:

Reusing campaign assets is kind of lame. At least it's all backwards! And the snowy versions of stuff were kinda cool!

Yes the same way
Firefight reused assets (were you disappointed then?).

DrBo42

At least we know Spartan Ops aren't using unique maps. That's not a spoiler, it's something everyone should know to manage their expectations.

DrBo42

Didn't Frank claim the exact opposite, though?

I doubt Frankie would lie about it. Maybe it was presented in an unclear way.

Edit: Or maybe he's truly learned how to be a marketing man. Re-arranging or changing details on a map technically makes it different. Haha.

Sai-kun

Banned
Yes the same way
Firefight reused assets (were you disappointed then?).

I was, actually, a bit. I still enjoy it, though, especially since it's not like
you're running through the levels the exact same way, and it actually took me a little while to realize that some stuff was reused.

At least we know Spartan Ops aren't using unique maps. That's not a spoiler, it's something everyone should know to manage their expectations.

And I obviously can't speak for the rest of the series. I've only beaten the first three chapters of Episode 1.

CONAN

According to David Ellis during the Major Nelson stream, they don't have you join games that are about to end.

I joined two games..

one the score was 420-160

the other game was 470-200 and something

and in both games I joined the losing team, why in hell they do that to me!

According to David Ellis during the Major Nelson stream, they don't have you join games that are about to end.

According to them, you can't. But when I was watching someone play on a stream this weekend, I saw the person join a game with 20 seconds left in the game. I foresee a lot of complaints in the future.

The,pted to do the while midnight thing. But damn, feels odd when my neighborhood GameStop is populated by the local high school kids and I'm a 32 year old man. Maybe I'll just grab my "pickup ticket" in an hour and then come back around 12:30 am when the rush has died down a bit.

feel

According to them, you can't. But when I was watching someone play on a stream this weekend, I saw the person join a game with 20 seconds left in the game. I foresee a lot of complaints in the future.
Wait, Join In Progress is not optional??

Oozer3993

My Gamestop is a model of efficiency. I was 15th in line and walked out at 12:01 with my LE.

FfVt0.jpg

So does the limited edition have a blu-ray version of the Forward Unto Dawn miniseries?

No, it's streaming through the Xbox Waypoint App.

DrBo42

How do specializations work? Like how do you unlock them?

OP said:
Specializations
Once SR-50 is reached, players next choose one of eight paths, each of which consists of 10 additional ranks, and which unlock their own set of armor, decals, weapon skins and armor mods. Only one Specialization can be worked on at a time, and must be completed before moving to the next.

At launch two are available, with the rest to be unlocked down the road by 343, unless you have early access via marketing promotions (namely the LE edition of the game or playing prior to November 20). For more on Specializations, head here.

7he Talon

Specializations
Once SR-50 is reached, players next choose one of eight paths, each of which consists of 10 additional ranks, and which unlock their own set of armor, decals, weapon skins and armor mods. Only one Specialization can be worked on at a time, and must be completed before moving to the next.

At launch two are available, with the rest to be unlocked down the road by 343, unless you have early access via marketing promotions (namely the LE edition of the game or playing prior to November 20). For more on Specializations, head here.
It's launch and none are available for me, or do you have to get to level 50 regardless?

Brannon

Got my game, and wow, they really did try their damndest to CODify everything they could while keeping some of the Halo elements. But no mulitplayer for now; it's time for the campaign.

Sanjuro

I actually should have went in sooner! Ended up last in the line, and some creepy kid who used to talk my ear off at the old game store followed me in line. Ugh.

Still, made good time getting home.

GhaleonEB

What is SR-50? as in Level 50?

Yes. Levels are called "Spartan Ranks" in Halo 4. SR-1 is the first rank. SR-50 is 50th, and so on.

There is also Spartan XP, Spartan Points, and Spartan Ops. You can earn Spartan XP in Spartan Ops and go up a Spartan Rank which earns you a Spartan Point.

I am not making this up.

nillapuddin

Limited Edition: #087975

IMSADUHGKUSYIDFKUYSFA SO EXCITED!!!!!!!
(currently installing to hard drive)

see you on the other side GAF.

HALO!

Top Bottom