• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Redford

aka Cabbie
Waiting on the final hour here on the west coast, we're all crowded aroun some dudes laptop that's playing all the reach cutscenes for some reason :p in light of the situation even those are making me hyped.

For what it's worth I was able to grab Limited at WalMart but talking to the game vendor that was there they only had 7 at each between the two stores in my area. If you are on the West Coast you might try hitting up a Wally World if you are craving the LE because they were not reservable.

CONAN

one of the best thing after finishing the game is
how the did a great job in level designing & the way they add a lot of ways to go through them specially *mission 8 & 9* the knights & crawlers are the best addition the universe needed & i think this is not the end for them for sure

legendary ending *big spoiler*
chief is a white guy after all :\

one of the best thing after finishing the game is
how the did a great job in level designing & the way they add a lot of ways to go through them specially *mission 8 & 9* the knights & crawlers are the best addition the universe needed & i think this is not the end for them for sure

legendary ending *big spoiler*
chief is a white guy after all :

Fall of Reach says hi.

The campaign is really fun and pretty.

There is absolutely nothing new here though. It still feels fresh due to the quantum leap in audio/visual presentation, but they really need some new ideas for Halo 5. People will always come back for MP, so 343 can afford to take risks with the single player content. I hope they do.

Kibbles

Do the gamestop pre-order codes come inside the sealed game? Noticed they weren't on my receipt but I don't want to open it (limited edition) because I'm selling it since I already have Halo 4.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Gamestop is having issues with the codes
call in the AM and get them.

I was in at about 9 PM getting my receipt and they said they were startin to have tech issues.

and yeah, off to the store NOW.
Maybe if i shit my pants infront of the door i can get the game 20 minutes early

CONAN

If you read Fall of Reach then you would already have known that MC is
a white guy

yeah i read it but i thought
he will be a little brownish lol.. you know the small kid in the beginning of the game let me indicate that we will see the chief later in the game & btw before i say anything more, you finished the game in Legendary ? right ?

So I live in Arizona and I just checked the tracking on my Amazon order. It left California and is now in Texas. I hope it makes it to me tomorrow...

Really liking this so far. Only two (minor) gripes so far is Ammo/guns is a pain in campaign sometimes(currently playing heroic) and I hate the DMR sound.

CONAN

i didn't like the way the did the menu going through a menu to a sub-menu to a sub-menu to watch or save a movie or a screenshot is so much pain.. the UI it self have a lot of things that i didn't like the matchmaking "card style" presentation & the way Spartans are represent in the lobby ..

Aesthet1c

Just got back from grabbing my copy! Installing Disc 2 now.

drSSd.jpg

Marketing - 1
Aesthet1c - 0

:(

yeah i read it but i thought
he will be a little brownish lol.. you know the small kid in the beginning of the game let me indicate that we will see the chief later in the game & btw before i say anything more, you finished the game in Legendary ? right ?

Actually he is described ad being really pale white.
Nope, my copy hasnt even shipped from Amazon yet. But I saw the ending cinematic when it was initially leaked.

MrDaravon

Playing games with my friends online, already running into significant issues where one team gets the lead, starts getting all the power weapons (ordinance drops) and vehicles, and just camps and destroys the other team. The losing team is getting camped so they have hard time getting kills to get drops to counter. It reminds me of CoD, but with the significant difference that CoD doesn't have tanks and banshees to additionally kill you with. It definitely only seems to happen on a couple of the bigger maps that have the heavy vehicles though, but it happened every single time one way or the other when we played on those maps. Have also run into a lot of issues with getting spawn killed pretty bad in ways that I see all the time in CoD, but not in Halo. My friend who is a huge Halo nut got off after a few games because he didn't like it at all :/

All of that aside, why are there no killcams in BTB? It's the one playlist where there's often crazy shit happening and sometimes I get killed and I have zero idea what happened, and that's the one playlist I would have expected it in.

Also my pre-order armor and guns randomly disappeared, had to wind up re-downloading them completely to get them to re-pop, has that happened to anyone else? Only cared because it basically got me the BR for free, and didn't want to spend the SP if I didn't need to this early on for the BR proper :p

M.W.

Playing games with my friends online, already running into significant issues where one team gets the lead, starts getting all the power weapons (ordinance drops) and vehicles, and just camps and destroys the other team.

Sounds like you can't overcome campers. Kidding. Keep playing, you'll get over the rookie curve.

CONAN

Playing games with my friends online, already running into significant issues where one team gets the lead, starts getting all the power weapons (ordinance drops) and vehicles, and just camps and destroys the other team. The losing team is getting camped so they have hard time getting kills to get drops to counter. It reminds me of CoD, but with the significant difference that CoD doesn't have tanks and banshees to additionally kill you with. It definitely only seems to happen on a couple of the bigger maps that have the heavy vehicles though, but it happened every single time one way or the other when we played on those maps. Have also run into a lot of issues with getting spawn killed pretty bad in ways that I see all the time in CoD, but not in Halo. My friend who is a huge Halo nut got off after a few games because he didn't like it at all :/

played exactly 30 games & didn't for once face what you just describe, I'm sure it's only a matter of time because I didn't see any unbalance things like this & all you need is team work not like the old Halo's were you go through running & killing people easy .. the "ordinance drops" an give some advantage but you have to put in mind that a lot of people doesn't know how to use them right & about spawn kills, didn't happen to me at all.

about the BTB I didn't play any game & i hate BTB so i can't say anything about that..

rakka

i didn't like the way the did the menu going through a menu to a sub-menu to a sub-menu to watch or save a movie or a screenshot is so much pain.. the UI it self have a lot of things that i didn't like the matchmaking "card style" presentation & the way Spartans are represent in the lobby ..

yeah I would have preferred the reach lobby style. but with the stance customization and halo 3ish feel of the menus in 4. but yeah card style is fuckin weird shit

And how the HELL is a 7 year old console creating visuals that look this good? I am blown away so far and the game plays amazing.

well there are sacrifices that have been clearly made here and there. but yeah overall, i'm surprised at how good the game looks. Lighting is an upgrade thankfully, unlike reach where the visuals were improved but lighting seemed to have been toned down slightly from 3.

Top Bottom