• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Woorloog

Banned
Damn game crashed during War Games match :/ I was leading.

And still
I want to trade Specialization unlocks (pre-order, i have LE), preferrably for CIO web skin. Have Forest skin+arctic BR so don't offer those.

Anyone?

wwm0nkey

seriously though

Chief surviving a nuke to the face is some John Cena no-selling shit

I feel like if you saw the hardlight from the bridge form around him as he was about to hit it then it would make A LOT more sense and im sure thats how it will be explained

Fehyd

Banned
Finished campaign.

Music might be some of the best I've heard in a game, ever. There is some truly stellar stuff in there, and a few throwbacks as well.

And still
I want to trade Specialization unlocks (pre-order, i have LE), preferrably for CIO web skin. Have Forest skin+arctic BR so don't offer those.

Anyone?
You're prolly not gonna get anyone dude, since everyone's getting those specializations for playing by the 20th.

Haha I feel the complete opposite, especially on Legendary. The one shot enemies are either capable of being taken down in one shot themselves, like the FRC Grunts or Jackal snipers, or they're limited to close range like the sword Elites and scattershot Knights. When you give one of those bastards a ranged instakill but also allow them to soak up damage? Awful. It just feels like a gamble if you're going to survive the encounter.
For me, that's a big reason why I like them so much; they're a radically different enemy than anything in Halo before. I don't feel cheated by them either, unlike the sniper jackals, because 1) there's only one at a time and 2) you're given a visual cue before they attack. I've been having a real blast formulating the best way to take them out.

I am playing on Legendary right off the bat, even after spending 2 hours on one goddamned section (don't ask), so it's certainly possible I'm just a masochist. :lol

exYle

So, based off of the Didact and (mission 5 character spoiler)
the Librarian
, can we conclude that Voldemort was probably a Promethean?

Are the negative user reviews just trolling? There are more negative than positive. I mean, naturally there will be people who dislike the game, that goes without saying. But a string of 0/10s is suspicious. Surely people will not have found the game that bad.

mcfrank

Are the negative user reviews just trolling? There are more negative than positive. I mean, naturally there will be people who dislike the game, that goes without saying. But a string of 0/10s is suspicious. Surely people will not have found the game that bad.

The game is really good. Trust me. I have finished it on heroic and played 40 or so multiplayer matches. It is the best shooter I have played since Halo 1.

Miles X

TurkishCritic is that TurkishEmporer guy here, one who has made like 10,000 posts in 2 months (confirmed on another forum) funny how he talks about being a 360 fan but writes childish BS like that.

Honestly they need to retire user reviews on Meta.

NekoFever

I feel like if you saw the hardlight from the bridge form around him as he was about to hit it then it would make A LOT more sense and im sure thats how it will be explained
I posted this in the spoiler thread, but (Halo 4 ending spoiler)
I'm sure I remember Cortana saying something about a teleportation grid on the Didact's ship and that the window for them to get out was tiny. I figured she teleported him to safety at the last moment, but because she had to be in the ship's systems rather than the Chief's armour to do it, she couldn't go with him.
Could be misremembering it, though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

[Ending spoilers]
You would lose that suspense though of not knowing what the fuck happened. When I came to the part where you have to activate the nuke, I hesistated! I looked around, wondering if there was another way out of it. lol.

see5harp

TurkishCritic is that TurkishEmporer guy here, one who has made like 10,000 posts in 2 months (confirmed on another forum) funny how he talks about being a 360 fan but writes childish BS like that.

He just bought a 360 IIRC. The guy that has written the dumbest shit ever is Syphon Filter.

Latest from Xbox Support:

XBOX LIVE Service
Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
As you can imagine, there are a tremendous number of new players connecting to Halo 4 right now. We’re aware that some users are experiencing occasional issues connecting to the Halo 4 services. Please bear with us as we continue to work through these issues during the launch period.

Affecting the following LIVE Platforms:

Xbox 360 Console

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Hope they get this shit fixed fast. Top men need to be on it. Top men.

Majanew

Banned
It's so fucking easy that they did it. How fucking hard is it to find it? Hit pause, hit save and exit. I just did it. It works really well.

Not in CO-OP. All there is:

BxpnR.jpg

All you can do is End Game. And when you try to go back to where you were, there's no 'Resume'. So you either have to do the whole damn mission over or start at another Rally point. Well, another Rally point won't give you the Achievement for beating that mission. It's the whole reason we're having to go back through Forerunner mission when we're on Infinity.

Raide

Started this morning, finish this evening.

Overall I enjoyed the Campaign. Really not sure where I place it in the other games but it was a fun ride. Some places did feel like Halo had done this before but there was enough variation to keep me busy. Spartan Ops next!

More than anything, I am interested to see where 343 go from here.

Yeah, he doesn't seem like a good fit for GAF.

danwarb

I would guess so. Noticed the ~200 0 "user" reviews there the other day. It's Halo and there are still console warriors.

derFeef

Finished the first two missions. First impressions are really positive. I finally feel like I am in a big scifi universe now, that came never really through in the last few games somehow, at least to me. Art is fantastic, really good job 343. And yeah, there is aliasing but it does not bother me too much yet, as it is a purdy game otherwise.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
Picked up my copy during lunch. I'm really impressed with the packaging & how the extras were presented in the limited edition, especially comparing to all previous legendary/le versions of the Halo series. Based on all the posts so far, I expect to be blown away by the campaign. These last few hours are going to draaaaaag....

2San

Well MP is fun I guess next to the fact that it's broken. Only on the Xbox can I get hilarious shit like not being able connect to someone who's on the router as me. Ruled out the co-op campaign as well. Kept switching between level 1 and my current level(which locked me out from using my unlocks). Having to set location of the XBOX to UK to get English(switched it back to the Netherlands when I saw I had less issue's when I did that). Since language doesn't do shit. Being able to connect to someone one game, but not the other. We where a 6 man party, but we split up in 3 parties of 2. Since who could connect to who changed after every match.

It needed a Beta. :|

really enjoying the game so far, my love for the Halo franchise has been slowly waning over the years but this has restored my faith somewhat.

Lothars

In the case of some games, it represents the true collective opinion of gamers that reviews don't represent. See GTA4, ME3, DA2, MGS4, etc.
No it doesn't specifically in those games it actually represents review bombing from a group of users with an agenda just like the Halo reviews.

User reviews use to be a good accurate representation but now it's a terrible source for 99% of games.

I had the original Xbox and loved Halo:CE and Halo 2. I have tried to keep up with the story since, and I just watched the final level of Halo 4 on YouTube. All I can say is (MAJOR spoiler):

That final Cortana scene hit me right in the gut. :(

Top Bottom