• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Maybe Stinkles or someone else can help/shed some light on this. A friend of mine has these issues, when installed on a MW2 Edition 360 system the game locks up/stutters into unplayability. The opening cutscene plays like 3 frames then pauses, then skips 2 seconds, then plays 5 frames, then pauses, then skips again. Whenever you get "loading" on screen the game hangs for like around a minute.

Ideas?

How do you guys know it's the same guy? Turkey has a shitload of people if you haven't noticed...

I'm going off the post that brought this to my attention. Ask Dynopia.

If you really think that I made the association off the fact that they both had "Turkey" in the name...? Wow, that's sad.

Maybe Stinkles or someone else can help/shed some light on this. A friend of mine has these issues, when installed on a MW2 Edition 360 system the game locks up/stutters into unplayability. The opening cutscene plays like 3 frames then pauses, then skips 2 seconds, then plays 5 frames, then pauses, then skips again. Whenever you get "loading" on screen the game hangs for like around a minute.

Ideas?

Try to play without hard disk.

2San

I'm going off the post that brought this to my attention. Ask Dynopia.

If you really think that I made the association off the fact that they both had "Turkey" in the name...? Wow, that's sad.
Dunno seems sad either way to try and shame someone without presented proof. Just, because another Gaffer said so doesn't seem like a strong case imo.

Trey

I just finished mission 5. I can see how people who don't follow the fiction are getting confused. All of it does seem out of nowhere.

2San

Is there any way for the game to show up in English? I hate the Dutch words in my menus right now ...
You need to change the system settings Language to English and location to the UK. But I think that broke my game even more then it already was. So change at your own risk!

RSP

You need to change the system settings Language to English and location to the UK. But I think that broke my game even more then it already was. So change at your own risk!

Awesome, my system Language was already in English. Does setting location to UK influence something like matchmaking at all?

Loving the sound of the assault rifle btw, two missions in.

Grisby

Finished 2 missions. Chief already talks more than the past 3 games combined. The story is moving a bit erratically but damn if the cutscenes aren't nice.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anyone having problems joining parties?
Yes, a lot. Tried resetting routers, can only get one game in before it borks and kicks someone out or someone can't join.

Also my SR keeps going back to 1 in the lobby and then I can't use my loadouts even though in the menu it says I'm SR-17.

This is real?! Jeez

Even Neogaf isn't immune to trolls.

I have to agree with whoever said the Warthog sounds arent as good anymore. The engine noise of the old one was soothing. The new sound is annoying. The weight of the Warthog is also off by a lot. It lacks the weight of the old one. The Ghost is great though.

Woorloog

Banned
so uh, i literally have 0 friends on XBL. Anyone care to be my friend and play with me Halo campaign coop?

US, EU, what? Can add you regardless but whether we're online at the same time is another thing if you're somewhere else than EU (or Russia i suppose).

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
S9liw.jpg

Srl6L.jpg

lol

MrDaravon

Well, it was the first question I asked when watching HaloGAF play some Halo 4, and same when I joined them in Reach: Does it feel/seem like this has become Halo CoD-ified?

It feels like an in-between to me. It most certainly doesn't go all the way CoD, but it's definitely way more in that direction than 3 or Reach. This brings in both good and bad things. Right now the main question that me and my friends have is whether or not this will top Blops 2. Previously we played both games, because Halo and CoD were sort of on opposite ends of the spectrum in experience. From what we've played so far at least, Halo 4 shifts more towards the CoD side of things, so the question is are we going to want to play Halo with some CoD elements, or just play CoD?

Also yeah, matchmaking is totally borked. Multiple people in our party chat bitching about this is exactly they needed a beta lol. Time to go back to Campaign for now.

2San

Awesome, my system Language was already in English. Does setting location to UK influence something like matchmaking at all?

Loving the sound of the assault rifle btw, two missions in.
Well It made the issue's I was experiencing worse. I kept switching between lvl 1 and my current lvl in versus and made connecting to friends issue worse. When I put it back to the Netherlands I had at least times it switched back to my current lvl. On UK I kept being lvl 1. This is just my assumption though. It might just be coincidence that I kept being lvl 1 while being on UK. Matchmaking still works at lvl1 though. With Halo 4 being broken talk, I'm talking about multiplayer. I figure the SP is fine.

I finished the campaign on Heroic a little while ago, and overall, I have to say that 343's first outing has been a resounding success. Given the weight of the expectations, for them to have delivered like they did is, to me, something of a minor miracle.

It'll take a few more playthoughs before my thoughts fully crystallize, (although I do wish the plot was more comprehensible for those of us who don't keep up with all of the extended fiction), but it would seem that the Halo franchise could not have found a better team to carry the torch.

Guys and gals of 343, I salute you.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
First two missions down. I'm certainly impressed with what they've done. It really does feel like a proper Halo game but with its own unique twist.

The visuals are a real standout and among the finest I've seen in a shooter. Only complaint on that side would be the complete lack of motion blur. No camera blur, no movement blur, and no object blur. That type of post processing would have elevated the game to a new level. It's one of the primary things that made the two Killzone and Uncharted (2 & 3) games so spectacular in motion. I'm kind of surprised it's completely missing.

Outside of that, though, it's really damn incredible and it runs much smoother than any Bungie Halo title this gen.

The audio is interesting as I feel some of the sound effects are a nice improvement while others seem a bit too loud for their own good (the Warthog, for instance). The music is fantastic and a nice change, but it hasn't yet reached the highs of a great Marty O'Donnell soundtrack.

Can't wait to get back and play more.

You might want to adjust your TV monitor settings because everything pops unbelieveably gorgeous in multi and campaign. The lighting and everything blows Halo 3 completely out of the water.

It's hard to dig up any decent screenshots, but stuff like this

XY6Xf.jpg

halo3.jpg

halo3-2.jpg

Halo 3 just flat out looked better as a whole from just the lighting alone.

First two missions down. I'm certainly impressed with what they've done. It really does feel like a proper Halo game but with its own unique twist.

The visuals are a real standout and among the finest I've seen in a shooter. Only complaint on that side would be the complete lack of motion blur. No camera blur, no movement blur, and no object blur. That type of post processing would have elevated the game to a new level. It's one of the primary things that made the two Killzone and Uncharted (2 & 3) games so spectacular in motion. I'm kind of surprised it's completely missing.

Outside of that, though, it's really damn incredible and it runs much smoother than any Bungie Halo title this gen.

The audio is interesting as I feel some of the sound effects are a nice improvement while others seem a bit too loud for their own good (the Warthog, for instance). The music is fantastic and a nice change, but it hasn't yet reached the highs of a great Marty O'Donnell soundtrack.

Can't wait to get back and play more.

The sound fx for the vehicles (ghost in particular) and guns are amazing. They sound dangerous. Love it so far.

ironcreed

Banned
Pretty good so far. CG is probably the best in the business, but the visuals in the actual game are not as hot as I was expecting. Very muddy textures. Gameplay-wise, it's pretty much Halo with a few tweaks and I dig it. Fun game, I am just not blown away or anything.

Gloam

Played through the campaign last night with a buddy. Fun game overall, new enemies are tricky and make you rethink the usual combat scenarios and possibilities. Definitely thought the majority of levels were a little confined though, I felt as if the game definitely rushed me through a lot of the environments, a lot of urgency, all the time.

I was impressed by the graphics all the way through, great attention-to-detail and lighting, worth a play through just for these elements I think.

tehbible

US, EU, what? Can add you regardless but whether we're online at the same time is another thing if you're somewhere else than EU (or Russia i suppose).

i'm on US servers.

So afaik, campaign coop can only be played through invites or friends only.

We should get a multiplayer campaign coop going!

Ken

Yep. I just gave up on it in hopes that everything will be fixed later.

Yes, a lot. Tried resetting routers, can only get one game in before it borks and kicks someone out or someone can't join.

Also my SR keeps going back to 1 in the lobby and then I can't use my loadouts even though in the menu it says I'm SR-17.

I restarted my Xbox and now I can get into parties.

Raide

Played through the campaign last night with a buddy. Fun game overall, new enemies are tricky and make you rethink the usual combat scenarios and possibilities. Definitely thought the majority of levels were a little confined though, I felt as if the game definitely rushed me through a lot of the environments, a lot of urgency, all the time.

I was impressed by the graphics all the way through, great attention-to-detail and lighting, worth a play through just for these elements I think.

I get the feeling that 343 pushed the graphics and IQ but had to shrink down the maps. Awesome skyboxes, fairly cramped levels.

Are there skulls hidden in the campaign?

Nope. Unlocked by default. The Terminals are hidden in-game though.

Cetra

ODST's campaign just might get knocked off of my top spot. This is WAY too good. Also, best multiplayer since Halo 2. I'm totally hooked.

Top Bottom