• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Raide

For those wanting to start their MP life off with a fancy BR or DMR, just play around in Forge for a bit and get those SR's fast! Easy!

So, there are what, 132K players online atm?

Is that considered low? I mean, I know Halo 3 had like 300K near its end.

Dont COD numbers do 1 million? Or is everyone playing the story?

Woorloog

Banned
i'm on US servers.

So afaik, campaign coop can only be played through invites or friends only.

We should get a multiplayer campaign coop going!

As i said, i can add you (or otherway around, GT is Empyrus) but co-op is practically out of question due to latency... Though this might be worth testing.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I would guess it's the completely broken online infrastructure that's turning people away.

REV 09

Game is great so far. Overall the weapon changes are better, but some of them are side steps. Kinda miss the iconic shotgun feel...don't see why they used orange trim on the SAW and railgun when all the forerunner guns have a similar look. The storm rifle is a step back from the needle rifle or pulse rifle (whatever the main plasma rifle from reach was). The concussion rifle still looks dumb, but it is quite useful. A lot the guns are improved though so I'm still plenty happy with the arsenal.

Banshee flies really weird now. Banshee enemies in campaign have shit pathfinding...running into walls and such.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Do developers underestimate the incoming traffic on these games or something? Lol. C'mon nooowwwww. I wanna play.

They probably know exactly whats going on and most likely won't do anything about it.

Better to have a crappy day or two at first when everyone is playing than have the capacity for it that will only be needed for a few hours.

MrDaravon

That number is low (launch week you see over a million on CoD), but it's hard to tell how much of that is online being fucked right now, combined with probably a significant more number of people care about and play through the Halo campaign immediately as opposed to CoD. I will echo the comments from people about there being way fewer people at the midnight launch at my store than there was for Halo 3/Reach or the last couple of CoD's.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Where is the season pass in the LE? Can't find it anywhere. Or is it just the Infinity Kit? Rather unclear.

Wow, this game must really be pushing the disc limit. Some of the sound compression is atrocious.

Really enjoying the game so far though!

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone else feel like none of the new UNSC stuff fit in with the other stuff? Even the colours of them didn't match.

Finally scifistic UNSC stuff. The Mantis does not quite fit in but otherwise i really like the UNSC changes.
As for the colors, you're kinda right here. I would have recolored AR, DMR, Shotty and Sniper to have gray-orange scheme as well.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Are there skulls hidden in the campaign?

I found some kind of computer with an audio log in it in a wrecked spaceship on the I think second level.

Very important question for the dutchies, HOW DO I TURN DUTCH OFF..

my game all the text is in dutch, seems like no language options?

could someone tell me how the local splitscreen online is handled?

What playlists can locals play in? are there limits number wise (like reach)?

Woorloog

Banned
I found some kind of computer with an audio log in it in a wrecked spaceship on the I think second level.

Very important question for the dutchies, HOW DO I TURN DUTCH OFF..

my game all the text is in dutch, seems like no language options?

Set Xbox locale to Other or UK. I think the Dashboard languge should be English as well though, it overrides location. Maybe. Not sure.

EDIT do note that setting locale to something else than your country messes up wireless connection. Apparently.

Hawk269

Where is the season pass in the LE? Can't find it anywhere. Or is it just the Infinity Kit? Rather unclear.

It is actually crystal clear. The first code on the card clearly states "Specialazations Skins, Emplem, Map PK. " Not sure how much clearer they could have made it. But that is where it is listed and is part of the same code.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times. I can install the Campaign Disk like you would any other game and the second disc is installed by running it, right?

That number is low (launch week you see over a million on CoD), but it's hard to tell how much of that is online being fucked right now, combined with probably a significant more number of people care about and play through the Halo campaign immediately as opposed to CoD. I will echo the comments from people about there being way fewer people at the midnight launch at my store than there was for Halo 3/Reach or the last couple of CoD's.

Damn, so Halo wont be outselling COD on Xbox? I wonder how many will crossover to Blops 2.

WJD

Just finished the campaign on heroic.

Kind of disappointed in the last couple of levels after such a strong start but it was still very, very good.

Ein Bear

Really disappointed that they've taken Juggernaut out. It was the go-to gametype amongst my circle of friends, we'd make the Juggernaut ridiculously overpowered and all run around with Rocket Launchers and Gravity Hammers. It was awesome :(

I tried messing around with the options in Regicide to try and recreate it, but it doesn't look like it's do-able. C'mon 343, how hard would it have been to put in the game?

Is there a logic behind how long you can run fast? Am I missing a stamina bar somewhere? I run and then stop. For some reason I thought run was going to be unlimited.

Ken

Is there a logic behind how long you can run fast? Am I missing a stamina bar somewhere? I run and then stop. For some reason I thought run was going to be unlimited.

There's a perk that gives you unlimited sprint. Don't know for sure about logic, but I think there's a hidden stamina bar.

Got to play this today at someone's house and I really loved it. Perfect blend of traditional Halo with some nice Metroid Prime-ish atmosphere. I liked it enough to consider getting a new 360 in the next couple of months or maybe even sooner. It looks and plays like a dream and I was instantly sucked back into the multiplayer.

Good job 343.

TommyT

Really disappointed that they've taken Juggernaut out. It was the go-to gametype amongst my circle of friends, we'd make the Juggernaut ridiculously overpowered and all run around with Rocket Launchers and Gravity Hammers. It was awesome :(

I tried messing around with the options in Regicide to try and recreate it, but it doesn't look like it's do-able. C'mon 343, how hard would it have been to put in the game?

Paid DLC yo!

zap

There's a perk that gives you unlimited sprint. Don't know for sure about logic, but I think there's a hidden stamina bar.

With all the info displayed on your screen, I'm surprised there's no sprint bar or secondary weapon icon :/

Top Bottom